ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (4-7, 3-4) @ WKU (7-4, 5-2), (ESPN+), 1PM, Saturday, November 30, 2019

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

img_8723.jpg

Western Kentucky University
Founded: 1906 Enrollment: 20,171 Undergrad Postgrad
Acceptance rate:
93.3%
Colors: Red and White Nickname: Hilltoppers Mascot: Big Red
Fight song: "Stand up and Cheer" (Fight song of Ohio, WKU, Montana St. and SEMOST)
Series: MT leads 35-32-1 (In Murfreesboro: MT leads 21-14-1; At Bowling Green: WKU leads 18-14)
Stadium: Houchens (22,113)
Head Coach: Tyson Helton (Houston, 1999) Record at WKU: 7-4 (1st) Overall: Same
2018 Record:
6-7 (4-4) 2018 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost:
19/6 Lettermen R/L: 50/18

Weather Forecast: Thunderstorms 57°, 70% Precip, 81% humidity, S 11 mph

Where: Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium, 1605 Avenue Of The Champions, Bowling Green, KY 42101

Television: ESPN+ : Graham Doty, Brandon Doughty

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, Murfreesboro – WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM; Lynchburg – WDUC 93.9 FM; Nashville – The Game 102.5 FM/97.5 FM; TuneIn

Streaming: WATCH

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers: Daily News, wku Herald,

Message Boards: HilltopperHaven, wkuInsider, Red Towel Talk

Blogs: Inside Hilltopper Sports, Hilltopper Focus, The Red Towel

Athletic site:
wkusports.com, GoBlueRaiders.com,

Media Guides: Western Ky, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Western Kentucky (Orlando Sentinel #106), , Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #99), 2019 SBNation MT Preview

Game Notes: WKU Game Notes, MT Game Notes, CUSA Game Notes

Roster: Hilltoppers, Blue Raiders

Game Previews: , Hilltopper Football Gameday - Game 12 vs. Middle Tennessee, ,
WKU vs. Middle Tennessee Fearless Prediction, Game Preview,

Twitter:
@WKUFootball, @WKUSports, @WKUSportsPics, @zach_greenwell, @MrChadBishop, @TheTowelRackWKU

Hashtags:
#100MilesofHate #MTvsWKU #BlueRaiders #BeatWKU #TrueBlue , ,

Facebook:
WKUAthletics, WKUFootball

Youtube: WKUSports,

Instagram:
WKUSports, wku_football

2018 Game Thread: MIDDLE TENNESSEE (5-3; 4-1) vs WKU (1-7; 0-4)(CBSSN)/Salute to Armed Forces, 7PM, Friday, 11/2/18

2017 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (5-5, 3-3) @ Western Kentucky (5-5, 3-3) (CBSSN), 7PM, Friday, 11/17/2017

Last edited:
I expect to see a lot of young players on the field for this game.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us win this game. This would also give Massaro a reason to say "see, we are improving"

We gonna get kilt...

Agreed. We will be lucky to reach double digits. WKU's defense, in particular their front 7, is insanely talented. All those recent highly rated recruiting classes have paid off now that they have a staff with a pulse in there.

We better cherish last year's win over WKU because it's probably gonna be another 3, 4, maybe 5 years until we get another. They flat out recruit better players and have better coaching staff so they're going to win 80% of the time going forward.

Last edited:
As I have repeated numerous times, we are 1-3 the last four years against wku, if you include the recent series against vandy, we are 1-7 against our closest FBS opponents/rivals. I believe this more than anything has killed fan support for this program. No other FBS program would allow this to continue without changing coaches and ADs.

As I have repeated numerous times, we are 1-3 the last four years against wku, if you include the recent series against vandy, we are 1-7 against our closest FBS opponents/rivals. I believe this more than anything has killed fan support for this program. No other FBS program would allow this to continue without changing coaches and ADs.

Well keep counting. It's gonna be 1-10 a few years from now. Thankfully, Vanderbilt isn't on the schedule any more.

excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders visit L.T. Smith Stadium in Bowling Green, Kentucky to play the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. The Blue Raiders improved to 4-7 on the season following a 38-17 victory over Old Dominion. Asher O’Hara threw two touchdown passes in the first quarter to Jimmy Marshall while Kylan Thompson had a 38-yard pick-six as the Blue Raiders rolled to the win.

Asher O’Hara leads Middle Tennessee with 2,315 yards passing, 17 touchdowns and seven interceptions. O’Hara is the leading rusher for the Blue Raiders with 900 yards and nine touchdowns. Jarrin Pierce is the leading receiver with 524 yards and three touchdowns. Jovante Moffatt leads all tacklers for Middle Tennessee with 91.

Western Kentucky improved to 7-4 overall and 5-2 in Conference-USA play following a 28-10 victory over Southern Mississippi on Saturday. The Hilltoppers were led in the victory by quarterback Ty Storey who threw a pair of touchdown passes, while Jacquez Sloan rushed for one touchdown in the victory over the Golden Eagles.

Ty Storey leads the Hilltoppers with 1,915 yards passing, 10 touchdowns and five interceptions. Gaej Walker leads Western Kentucky in rushing with 996 yards and seven touchdowns. Lucky Jackson is the leading receiver with 875 yards and two touchdowns. The leading tackler for Western Kentucky is Kyle Bailey with 88.

Middle Tennessee is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 versus an opponent with a winning record.

The OVER has cashed in 4 of the Blue Raiders last 5.

Western Kentucky is 7-1 ATS in its last 8.

The OVER 6 of the Hilltoppers last 8 in C-USA play.

Home field helps in this matchup as the home team (WKU) has covered the number in each of the last 5 meetings. Western Kentucky has fared well against the spread covering each of its last 5 versus an opponent with a losing record, 7 of its last 8 overall and 8 of its last 9 in conference play. Middle Tennessee on the other hand has failed to cover 5 of the last 6 versus an opponent with a winning record. Final Score Prediction, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers win and cover ATS. 34-20......

The Towel Rack:

excerpt:

...This is one of Rick Stockstill’s worst years at the helm of the MUTS. His defense is putrid and he has no running back or receiver with more than 500 yards. In addition to an overall terrible defense, he has no defensive line. These are all crucial to winning and his team is wonderfully concocted to suck.

I see very few ways for MTSU to win. We’ve talked about match-ups all year and I really like this one for Western. Middle almost certainly will not win the line of scrimmage and does not have the skill positions capable of overcoming bad line play.....

WKU Football: Keys to Victory against Middle Tennessee

I'm predicting and sadly hoping for a bloodletting. Something to the tune of 45-3 would be a nice wake up call for this staff....at least hopefully it would be.

WKU is more talented than MT across the board, injuries or not. They have more talented 1st string, second string, and 3rd string players. They're just better, and it's going to show on Saturday.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I would not say they are more talented. I'm not buying that at all. They are way better coached. That's the difference. We beat Marshall. They lost to Marshall. They barely beat FIU and we ran all over them. That is proof that we have talent. What we don't have is consistent coaching worth a crap.

You think we have talent on this team?

Who exactly?

Other than a handful of guys (Blankenship, Moffit, Brooks, Lee) I don't see it.

WKU is gonna run all over this sorry team tomorrow, quite literally. You shall see.

Recruiting is key...

Our chances of winning this game depend on how exceptional Asher O'Hara can be.

wku can have a bad game tomorrow and still win. MT has to play mistake free football and then they can still lose. To win tomorrow would be a huge upset for a team that has not won on the road this year.

I have no faith in CRS and his coaches. The coaching staff will lose another game to a first year head coach, proving it's time for a change in directions under a new coach.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
It's gonna rain all day tomorrow with high winds. I like our chances a bit more. We put 50 points on a team that beat Miami last week the last game it came a downpour. We might not do as bad now that I think about it but we are on the road and we have sucked on the road. We shall see.

"A lot of guys that played last week, won't play this week" wku pregame, CRS

Earlier in the pregame Franklin said he has not seen injuries like the last three years for MT in his entire coaching career. doesn't know why that is so...

"A lot of guys that played last week, won't play this week" wku pregame, CRS

Earlier in the pregame Franklin said he has not seen injuries like the last three years for MT in his entire coaching career. doesn't know why that is so...

I know why.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT