ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Tennessee Tech (ESPN+), 6PM, Saturday, August 31, 2024

Would prefer to reschedule for tomorrow afternoon. Will literally be an empty stadium at 8:30 or 9

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
Is it even still lightning. Radar looks pretty weak. What are they waiting for?

Never know what's going to happen in football. Early last year a MT team that had just been destroyed in its 1st game played a Missouri team to the bitter end. Everyone thought that Mizzou team would probably be a sub par lower tier FBS school after barely surviving us. Ultimately that same Mizzou team went on to win 11 games & beat Ohio St in the Cotton Bowl.
Other words, yes we looked pretty bad in victory tonight, which is what I'm sure Mizzou said after surviving lower division Middle Tennessee. Hopefully we can have a similar mind set. As rough as it looked, take the victory & move on. Try to learn from it, you never know how a year will turn out.

Attendance was announced at 16,000. No doubt that was affected by the weather. Half our group didn’t get into the stadium because of the weather and left during the delay.

Attendance was announced at 16,000. No doubt that was affected by the weather. Half our group didn’t get into the stadium because of the weather and left during the delay.
Hope thats in the gate and not tickets sold. Even with the weather I thought tickets sold would be higher, it seemed there was more buy in and hype than pretty much any season since COVID.

Hope thats in the gate and not tickets sold. Even with the weather I thought tickets sold would be higher, it seemed there was more buy in and hype than pretty much any season since COVID.

They have a large hole to dig out of because of keeping the last regime here way longer than they should.

The problem now is that those ya hoos are still in charge.

If we aren’t moving up our head coach every 4 or so years, we are doing it wrong. That way, an entire fan base will not die off or just leave.

Last edited:
There were a good amount of people in the stands with a lot of people still coming in and a lot still at the Party on the Grove.

The rain derailed a lot of that. Interested to see what the stands look like for Duke and WKU

Reactions: Predarat
There were a good amount of people in the stands with a lot of people still coming in and a lot still at the Party on the Grove.

The rain derailed a lot of that. Interested to see what the stands look like for Duke and WKU
Yeah there was a solid crowd growing. By far the longest I’ve ever waited to get through the gate. The rain really messed it up. I’m guessing the WKU game will have a lot of people there. Hopefully it’s better weather next time around.

WKU should be very decent, but Duke should be a great tell, especially if we pull out a win over WKU. 2-1 with a P4 team coming to town. UT plays OU that weekend and it could be a prime time game which could hurt, but still should be a good showing.

And if CDM wants to stay here 20yrs, that's fine. IF.....big IF...he is winning a champ every 2-3 years and consistently 9-10 games a year. If CDM wins consistently someone will try to poach him, and if he does want to stay, great. But we shouldn't lock ourselves into an albatross of a contract just to keep him. That is the key.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
WKU should be very decent, but Duke should be a great tell, especially if we pull out a win over WKU. 2-1 with a P4 team coming to town. UT plays OU that weekend and it could be a prime time game which could hurt, but still should be a good showing.

And if CDM wants to stay here 20yrs, that's fine. IF.....big IF...he is winning a champ every 2-3 years and consistently 9-10 games a year. If CDM wins consistently someone will try to poach him, and if he does want to stay, great. But we shouldn't lock ourselves into an albatross of a contract just to keep him. That is the key.
I think it's telling that there isn't a "auto renew" clause in any of the newer contracts MT has signed (CNM, CDM, and CRI). MT could win a national title in any of the big 3 & there's no lifetime clause.

And that's good.

IMO, I don't think anyone expected the "auto-renew" clause would be hang the athletic department. I think they all believed it was a little more security for Stock until he inevitably won (in their mind) a conference championship and bolted for a bigger program. That backfired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT