ADVERTISEMENT

manny diaz hired as miami head coach

Yes and he sort of screwed Temple. Can you imagine being one of the kids that signed with them in early signing and then this happens. I think most of us would do what he did but man oh man that’s really crappy.

Let’s not forget he was horrible at Texas. This seems like a reach to me by Miami. He’s just not proven enough for me to take on that big of a program.

Yes and he sort of screwed Temple. Can you imagine being one of the kids that signed with them in early signing and then this happens. I think most of us would do what he did but man oh man that’s really crappy.

Let’s not forget he was horrible at Texas. This seems like a reach to me by Miami. He’s just not proven enough for me to take on that big of a program.

Yeah but his D was pretty good at Miami, it was good at Miss State, it was good at LT and was good at MT.

Diaz led the second best defense (by total defense) this season. His struggles at Texas (in the Big12 where almost every defensive coordinator struggles) are in long in the past.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I hope he is on the Juco lines already. They’ve got to find a QB. Or an OC that is a QB guru.

If I were him, I would be hitting up Tony Franklin, Major Applewhite, OC from any G5 school that had a high powered offense. I would be hitting the kid from FAU that's transferring, anybody that is grad transfer.

Good guy and he seems to be a good coach but seems like a big job for someone with no head coaching experience.

Good guy and he seems to be a good coach but seems like a big job for someone with no head coaching experience.
Do not disagree with your comment at all. That said, all of us could pretty quickly compile a list of first time HC’s, whose first HC gig was at big-time, storied programs. To varying degrees of success. Dabo, Jimbo, Kirby, Muschamp, Lincoln Riley, Jeremy Pruitt, Mark Richt. To name a few.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT