ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL OL coach

Hope this guy, the Strength and Conditioning Coach, and the recruiters can put together a line that does not look like they should be the OL for an NAIA Team.

Behind every good program is a really good S&C Coach. Mason needs to talk to Jason Spray and do what it takes to get him back over to Middle
Is Jason still the strength & conditioning coach for MTCS? If so I'm sure he played a key role in their state championship run in Chattanooga.

Strength and conditioning coaches are critical. They can spend more direct time with players than anyone else. So in terms of building a culture, this role is vastly undervalued.

Strength and conditioning coaches are critical. They can spend more direct time with players than anyone else. So in terms of building a culture, this role is vastly undervalued.
The team hasn't looked fast, explosive, or powerful since Spray left...I don't think it's an accident that the wheels came off & the cracks appeared after he left in 2018.

That said, S&C is a long-hours job (can be 60-80+ hours a week) so I don't blame a guy like Jason for wanting to spend more time with family.

The team hasn't looked fast, explosive, or powerful since Spray left...I don't think it's an accident that the wheels came off & the cracks appeared after he left in 2018.

That said, S&C is a long-hours job (can be 60-80+ hours a week) so I don't blame a guy like Jason for wanting to spend more time with family.
Would be great if Spray & Tessa Grossman could work as a team for football to cut down the individual grind. Both are outstanding in strength & conditioning & would make a great one two punch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT