ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Duke at Middle Tennessee Game Thread

They went over their season scoring average in the first quarter.....

Looking like another 2-10 season. Derek Mason said this is not a rebuild. I'm curious as to why we are so bad then??
2? 1 is totally in play.

I’m surprised at how bad Duke is and we’re making them look like UGA.

2? 1 is totally in play.

I’m surprised at how bad Duke is and we’re making them look like UGA.

There are some really bad teams in CUSA. There will be a week or two where our opponents gift wrap it for us.

DUKE 34-YARD PASSING TOUCHDOWN

Jordan Moore gets behind the defense and scores a long touchdown.

Duke: 35
Middle Tennessee: 10
1:14 2Q

Well. Looks like for the third weekend in a row I will be moving on to other things while a Derek Mason coached team plays a second half.

Well. Looks like for the third weekend in a row I will be moving on to other things while a Derek Mason coached team plays a second half.
I changed the channel when the WVU game came back from a rain delay. Don't regret it in the least.

I refuse to let this MT team stress me and get me pissed like I have in the past. And this year it seems there will be lots of channel changing.

Well… at least the media and most people outside of the people on here didn’t have high expectations for us this year. I know everyone gets frustrated with how we play and look out on the field but in general people don’t care about MTSU football. Most alumni will only think about this school when we do something great like beat a Miami, Vanderbilt, Missouri, etc. It’s going to take a while for them to build this thing. It was always going to be a bit of a lost season. Who knows though… maybe they’ll get it together mid season and go on a run. I’m just enjoying the ride for now.

Went to see this game. Didn't go to suffer a heat stroke for this kind of poor play. Left at half time before delay. I know I was one of the supporters willing to give this some time, but I don't honestly know which is worse our coaches or our current crop of players? I may not know football schematics as good as some of you, but I do know the discipline of wrapping up & tackling can be taught to practically anyone. And these boys couldn't wrap up a $10 Christmas gift.

HOLDEN WILLIS 15-YARD TOUCHDOWN CATCH

What a toe tap by Holden and MTSU scores coming out of the delay!!

Duke: 38
Middle Tennessee: 17
1:48 3Q

1-YARD TOUCHDOWN RUSH

Duke capitalizes off another MTSU turnover to punch it in for another one yard score via Star Thomas run.

Duke: 45
Middle Tennessee: 17
11:54 4Q

Didn't expect the win, but the self inflicted wounds gave us ZERO chance to even stay close. I see no difference in this team vs last year's team. Critical to see improvements as season progresses, regardless of wins/losses.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I see no difference in this team vs last year's team.

Really? I see a big difference. The team this year is markedly worse, and might be the worse team we've fielded in 20+ years?

So much for "this is not a rebuild" and "this program has good bones!"

And I don't care how many new transfers or faces this program has. That's the life of a glorified JUCO program these days. There is going to be major turnover and reshuffling every off season now with the sport until some laws are put in place to regulate this nonsense. We might have even more new faces and transfers next season. That cannot be an excuse. It needs to be leveraged as an advantage.

Amazing to think we're already a 1/3 of the way through the season. Time flies. Last year this team finished an extremely disappointing 4-8. Looking at the rest of the schedule & the fact there has been zero week to week improvement, it's hard to find 3 more wins this year. Don't think this team can even match Last year's record. Thinking 2-10 or 3-9 at best.
I know CDM said he felt rejuvenated coming into the season. Can't imagine him & the staff still feeling that way after this afternoon.

Reactions: Hop45
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT