ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee at Louisiana Tech Game Thread

Has Willis dropped a pass this year? Why in the he double hockey sticks have we stopped targeting him? This is criminal!!!!! Get him the ball!

These coordinators do not know what they are doing. I've said this game after game but nobody cared or listened because we were playing "elite" talent. I said before the season even started that I was very concerned we downgraded at both the OC/DC positions.

Maybe now I won't be the only person calling them out and saying Shafer and Stewart were better. Because they were, by leaps and bounds.

This Mason experiment is not going to end well. I really hope they created a contract that lets us get away after 2 years. I would fire him right now but I know they will never do that because they have no stones and no boldness. They will continue on with this bullshit of "building" and "getting the right guys in place" and blah blah blah. The problems are too great at this point. We have MASSIVE deficiencies across all position groups and the OC/DC positions.

Absolutely shameful performance in Ruston (and this season overall)

Last edited:
Reactions: MTTim
How many times are our linebackers going to diagnose run, run string up the field into the pile, and then watch as the RB just bounces outside?

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
FIELD GOAL MISSED

Louisiana Tech shanks a short field goal and hits the field goal off the left upright. Keeps it a three-score game

I’ve only watched this team play a second half once and that was Tenn Tech. That’s not going to change tonight.

And Tuesday we get to fulfil another tradition when we grant a noob fcs their first fbs win which I think we’re approaching double digits on now. Goodnigjt

How many times are our linebackers going to diagnose run, run string up the field into the pile, and then watch as the RB just bounces outside?

They shoot the wrong gap every time. Starting to wonder if they just don't like contact

75-Yard Receiving Touchdown by Tru Edwards

MTSU defensive back goes for the ball and the receiver waltzes in after catching it. 3rd and 10. This team just can't stop beating itself

Middle Tennessee: 14
LA Tech: 41
14:06 3Q

is that 5 unanswered TD's? I've lost count

I'll say it again. It takes effort to be this bad

There is no excuse to be getting manhandled like this by a bad La. Tech team. It was easy before to just say the competition was better, but what now?

Would probably be 0-6 if refs didn't bail us out with TN Tech

I've seen enough with Mason. At the very least we better have new coordinators next season

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Just a disgusting display of college football. This is embarrassing. La Tech is not a good team.

8-YARD FLIP CREDLE RUSHING TOUCHDOWN

Flip Credle gets skinny in the hole and gets this team back on the board. Zeke Rankin makes the extra point. Omari Kelly had some good plays on the drive

Middle Tennessee: 21
LA Tech: 41
10:09 3Q

Reactions: Hop45
Eastern time zone here so I’m checking out.

But this was disappointing. We’re going to need a lot more talent.

The defensive back 7 is just really bad, it’s almost comical. Bad angles, bad tackling, bad communication, bad coverage, can’t defeat a block, and just flat out bad play. Again; no shame in getting beat by Ole Miss and the like, but this was rough.

Got to hit the portal hard.

Eastern time zone here so I’m checking out.

But this was disappointing. We’re going to need a lot more talent.

The defensive back 7 is just really bad, it’s almost comical. Bad angles, bad tackling, bad communication, bad coverage, can’t defeat a block, and just flat out bad play. Again; no shame in getting beat by Ole Miss and the like, but this was rough.

Got to hit the portal hard.

All those back 7 guys you are lambasting are from the portal.....

You think getting more of them is the answer?

Solo Lewis 19-Yard Receiving Touchdown

Good play call to get him to slip out unnoticed. This defense can not stop a cone right now. Extra point good

Middle Tennessee: 21
LA Tech: 48
5:14 3Q

HORRIBLE drop by Omari who was wide open. Now the team has to punt. Literally nothing going this team's way

All those back 7 guys you are lambasting are from the portal.....

You think getting more of them is the answer?

They’re not clones. They’re going to be different players.

There’s literally no other option as of right now.

HORRIBLE drop by Omari who was wide open. Now the team has to punt. Literally nothing going this team's way

Nah. We are past things "not going our way."

This team is just severely lacking in the talent department. There's a reason Omari Kelly was in the portal and ended up at a school like MT. And that reason is very clearly lacking reliable hands. You can have all the speed and shiftyness in the world but if you can't catch the ball reliably you are not going to play for a good program.

This team is just severely lacking in the talent department. There's a reason Omari Kelly was in the portal and ended up at a school like MT. And that reason is very clearly lacking reliable hands. You can have all the speed and shiftyness in the world but if you can't catch the ball reliably you are not going to play for a good program.
So there is a talent issue but they shouldn't add better, more ready talent this offseason?

I never thought I would want Stock back. At the very least his coordinators.

So there is a talent issue but they shouldn't add better, more ready talent this offseason?
How are we going to recruit better players to this? We are looking at 1-3 win season, + no NIL (portal is about $ for quality dudes), last season the recruiting pitch was about a new era, and I hate to say it but it doesn't look promising. Hoping we can hit on player evaluation & get some FCS gems with experience...

How are we going to recruit better players to this? We are looking at 1-3 win season, + no NIL (portal is about $ for quality dudes), last season the recruiting pitch was about a new era, and I hate to say it but it doesn't look promising. Hoping we can hit on player evaluation & get some FCS gems with experience...
Should bring a successful FCS coach with the players.

They will be able to offer instant PT, that should interest a few guys.

Do you just want them to not add anybody to try to fix problems lol

I can tell you with almost absolute certainty they'll line up almost all the same guys on the back 7 next year assuming they don't graduate/transfer. I highly doubt MTSU can do much better than what we have.

A big part of the problem is our nonexistent DL. Only way we ever get any pressure or a sack is with significant blitzing. With such a weak front 7 and DL you need superstars on the back end to have any chance. If you want to help our secondary you have to put some pressure on their backfield. As of now you could put Alabama's DB's back there and they would be struggling.

With regards to the portal, I'm sure they'll try. But I just don't think we will see results much different than what we see now. We have some good HS talent committed, maybe they will sign. With these coordinators, I don't think it will matter much. I don't think people understand just how bad our defensive coordinator is. I have voiced my concerns since the TN Tech game but I guess it doesn't really matter.

His play calling is reactionary instead of proactive, he lets opposing offenses dictate the terms and flow of the game (Understandable against Ole Miss, not when we are playing TNTech, La. Tech, Memphis), never has us in the right calls in key down and distance situations, and his players miss tackles like it is their job.

Whatever happened to taking chances between the 20's? Light this F'ing guy up. Why let him get comfortable and do whatever he wants?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT