ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB vs GA Tech, 6:30pm, Thursday, December 22, 2016

Really big game tonight. GT is a fairly good team but they did lose to Michigan by 40 (yep, forty). I think we pull out the upset.

Suspensions should be given to all 3 referees who called tonight's game. As a referee your main job is to not single handedly affect the outcome of the game; that is exactly what happened tonight with Reuter rebounding a last second three, getting SHOVED FROM BEHIND and ending up on the floor; not calling a foul immediately on GT; allowing GT's coach to come past mid-court and scream at them at the end of the game; then taking 5 minutes to decide what to do because the ball went out of bounds but you didn't call anything on the players who threw the other team's rebounder to the floor. It is just unacceptable. I hope we file a formal complaint with the office of officiating. We should not have let it get to that point -- play better and make FTs -- but when we did exactly what you're supposed to do at the end of the game (shoot, get a rebound, and try to go up and DRAW A FOUL), we end up losing because of their mistakes. Just pathetic.

Last edited:
In case anyone was thinking "Oh, she didn't get pushed" well think again.

I should also add that on the replay posted above, the ball hits out of bounds with 1.7 seconds left. They also messed up by putting 0.8 instead of 1.7 on the clock. Really big-time mistakes here. What a crappy way to end the game. Wish it didn't come to that but come on, really?

The whole game was equally as bad, if not worst. But then not sure what the game plan was tonight. Couldn't tell from what our players were doing.

Even mediocre P5 teams are taller, quicker, bigger and more athletic than MT. We've gotten away from what had us beating ranked teams in post season. And gone is any 'talk' of sweet sixteen and elite eights.

The whole game was equally as bad, if not worst. But then not sure what the game plan was tonight. Couldn't tell from what our players were doing.

Even mediocre P5 teams are taller, quicker, bigger and more athletic than MT. We've gotten away from what had us beating ranked teams in post season. And gone is any 'talk' of sweet sixteen and elite eights.
At least we are recruiting bigger, quicker, taller for next year. We have 4 coming in all 6'0"+ and two who are 6'4"+.

And the good news is, even if half of them don't pan out (which is unlikely - I think this is the most athletic and capable group we've had in a LONG time, maybe ever, and they're in sync), then we'll still be getting an upgrade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT