ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Week 0 C-USA Picks and other games of interest

blueraiderJT

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2006
It's THAT TIME!!!!!!

Here's what I have. Let's get into it....

UTEP -1.5 vs. JAX st.
Sheesh, this is a head scratcher. I'm gonna go with UTEP to win and cover but I can easily see Jax St. taking it too.

UMASS vs. NMSU -7
New Mex all day.

FIU vs. LaTech -10
I see LaTech covering.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hawaii vs. Vandy -17.5
That's a lot of points but Vandy whipped them 60-7 last year. I'l go Vandy to cover.

Ohio vs. SDSU -2.5
I'm calling an upset. Ohio won 10 games last year.

San Jose vs. USC -30.5
I'm picking SJSU to cover.

ND -20.5 vs. NAVY
I gotta go ND and the points only because NAVY has a new coach.

Jax St. looking pretty good so far. Respectable fan turnout and atmosphere.

There are going to be no easy outs in CUSA this year. Better come to play every week or you are going to lose.

Reactions: ewglenn
Jax St. looking pretty good so far. Respectable fan turnout and atmosphere.

There are going to be no easy outs in CUSA this year. Better come to play every week or you are going to lose.

Jax St giving UTEP the James Madison - MT treatment so far. The Miners better some points on the board because JSU seems to be getting momentum.

BTW, thanks for the link Wiley!

They are interviewing Judy.....my god. Not impressive. At all.

Proud for Jax State. Nice fan support. Poor Judy had trouble completing 2 sentences without stumbling

That was god awful. She is beyond the Peter Principle.
She is horrible in interviews. At football media day the ESPN guy was practically answering his questions for her. She does not have an outgoing public persona at all. Total opposite of Gloria Nevarez.

NMSU helping UMass end its current losing streak. CUSA always friendly to those in need.

NMSU completely laid an egg. UTEP made some horrible calls on O. They had no reason losing that game. LaTech is letting FIU's speed get tot them but they are clawing their way back in it.

The story with UTEP and NMSU are the turnovers. Both were -3 in turnover margin. It’s hard to win when you’re giving the opposing team an extra 3 drives.

Great finish to the LaT/FIU game.
LaT scored a TD with a bit over a minute left, failed at the 2pt and then FIU had a pass tipped and was intercepted with under a minute left on 2nd down.

LaT wins 22-17

UTEP -1.5 vs. JAX st. - L
I'm gonna go with UTEP to win and cover but I can easily see Jax St. taking it too.
After picking this, I knew Jax was gonna win this. Vegas got in my head.

UMASS vs. NMSU -7 - L
New Mex all day. LOL. was I wrong

FIU vs. LaTech -10 - L
I see LaTech covering. Same thing basically as the UTEP pick. Arrrrrgh.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hawaii vs. Vandy -17.5 - L
That's a lot of points but Vandy whipped them 60-7 last year. I'l go Vandy to cover. - I should have known Vandy was gonna Vandy this game.

Ohio vs. SDSU -2.5 - L
I'm calling an upset. Ohio won 10 games last year. - Stupid pick on my part.

San Jose vs. USC -30.5 - W
I'm picking SJSU to cover.

ND -20.5 vs. NAVY - W
I gotta go ND and the points only because NAVY has a new coach.

I starting out rough this year. 2-5. Brutal. LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: ewglenn
Dimel has one winning season in his last eight.

Rich Rod will be a force to be reckoned with. He lobbied hard for the Memphis job when Norvell left for FSU.

I thought UTEP had an okay game. Poor play calling at the end to throw when it was 3rd/4th and 1. Also their talent level seems weak. QB is hit or miss and their WR’s missed several catches.

massacres so far this week

Arkansas State 0
Oklahoma 73

Mercer 7
Ole Miss 73

Portland State 7
Oregon 81

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT