Titans, Jets game has Blue Raider flavor

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Besides Jamari Lattimore...

dnj, excerpt:

...the connection between MTSU and the Jet’s defense only starts with Lattimore. His linebackers coach is former Blue Raiders All-American Mike Caldwell, who was hired by Bowles as assistant head coach and linebackers coach this season. Caldwell spent the previous two seasons as linebackers coach on the same Cardinals staff with Bowles as defensive coordinator.

A 1993 second-draft pick of the Browns, Caldwell played 11 seasons in the NFL with the Browns (1993-95), Ravens (1996), Cardinals (1997), Eagles (1998-2001), Bears (2002) and Panthers (2003). He started his NFL coaching career as a defensive quality control coach for the Eagles (2008-10) and linebackers (2010-12) before joining the Cardinals the past two seasons.

Another connection to MTSU football on the Jets’ defensive staff is Kacy Rodgers. The former Tennessee defensive line standout and four-year letterman (1988-91) was a defensive line (1999-2001) and assistant head coach (2000-01) at MTSU under then-Blue Raiders coach Andy McCollum.....

For those who do not remember or weren't around when Mike Caldwell, the hardest hit I believe I ever saw was Caldwell delivering a hit on a Tennessee Tech ball carrier in Floyd Stadium back in the 1aa era. He could've played on any college team of the time.

Reactions: MTLynn
For those who do not remember or weren't around when Mike Caldwell, the hardest hit I believe I ever saw was Caldwell delivering a hit on a Tennessee Tech ball carrier in Floyd Stadium back in the 1aa era. He could've played on any college team of the time.
I remember him knocking out a Marshall WR during a 1AA playoff game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT