ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Vanderbilt (SEC Alternate), 6:30PM, September 1, 2018

Getting excited for the game. Can Stockstill(s) finally beat Vandy...?

We have the talent to do it. The problem I keep coming back to is the fact that Vanderbilt and Derek Mason have traditionally owned TF. I believe Vanderbilt even beat a TF-led Auburn offense which should never happen....I'm not sure Tony Franklin has ever won a game against a Vanderbilt led defense TBH.

So that's very concerning to me. I believe our defense and special teams will play well enough to win. Our success or failure tomorrow completely hinges on our offense in my eyes. The OL has to play well just for us to have a chance. I could see us still losing despite our OL playing well simply because Vanderbilt is so good against all the dink and dunk throws. We are gonna have to hit some deep balls to win this game.

Reactions: MTTim
It comes down to the run game. We must establish one. If we do, we will chew more clock like we did in the Arkansas St. bowl game. We had a much different game plan and it worked. Even TF said last week that if we can run, we will grind clock. That will give our D a rest and keep their QB off the field.

It comes down to the run game. We must establish one. If we do, we will chew more clock like we did in the Arkansas St. bowl game. We had a much different game plan and it worked. Even TF said last week that if we can run, we will grind clock. That will give our D a rest and keep their QB off the field.

If you remember last season, we were wrecked with injuries from fall camp on. West was out most of the season, James was even listed as a starting running back early on in one game. I think we have a good set up now with three backs who have different styles. Hopefully the backs, collectively, can punch out some yardage in consistent manner, and we're not looking at 2nd and 3rd and long as much.

I'm feeling more positive the closer we get.

I don't think Vandy is going to be very good. I feel like Stock feels that he has a really good team this year.

My only hesitation is that we don't seem to have the big game mindset needed to win a game like this. The program exudes "let's get to 6-6" instead of "let win 'em all".

However, I think Stock knows the window is only open this year. We have probably our best QB ever right now, and it really is now or never until we have to re-load/re-build. I don't think Stock wants to look back at his years coaching his son and the best we have to show for it is a bowl win over the SBC.

If there was ever a time for this program to play with a sense of determination and urgency, it's this year, starting today.

MT 38
Vandy 34

This entry is where? Facebook? If so the school won't let you even read unless you have a facebook account.

Regardless, the incompetent staff at MT can't even get the radio stations the same in this entry as in the "game notes".

I get so poed at not getting correct information as to where I can listen to the game (which could affect my plans on where to be on a game night!

Where should we park for the game?? Terrace Place/Wesley Place garages look to be free parking...?

Had every intention the go but woke up to “we competed” in the brain and I just can’t bring myself to go to Dudley to get shalacked by a bottom SEC team.

You cannot lower your head and hit someone with your helmet.

You have to see what you hit. I saw a Texas Tech player get a flagarant and get tossed for the same type of hit earlier.

Our OL is getting bullied. Brent has no time to stand in pocket. Everything has to be a quick throw.

We cannot challenge Vanderbilt between the tackle. We just can't. TF has gotta give up on those calls.

I agree w/ you Wiley on their DL vs. our OL. They are dominating the line. We have made mistakes. We have screwed up 2 handoffs, we have screwed up a blocking assignment. We have dropped a sure first down.

Yet we are 7-7.

Does TF have some rub or wheel route pass patterns to get Thomas the ball in space? Because if we can get him going down field outside of the tackles, he can be nasty.

He just hit that wheel route to get us to the 2 yard line. I'd like to see some more traditional RB screens because Vanderbilt is blitzing like hell.

Defensively, our DL needs to do better. They are getting good shove up front and its clear their game plan is run to open up the play action pass. If we can shut down their run game we can win this.

Our offensive line is offensive again......

Unreal that they can’t pass block.

dog$hit OL again. gonna be another long year. I'm so sick of the Stockstill's. Wish they'd both be gone after this season

This is such an odd game. Vandy is dominating both LOS, especially their DL vs our OL. We keep making mistakes and have no big plays.

But if their playcalling keeps sucking and we can stop making mistakes, we can win this game.

I'm impressed with the defense, but theres no excuse for the sloppiness of the offense, these arent freshmen or new coaches installing new systems.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I am so unbelievably bored with this offense. Are we ever going to throw a vertical pass?

TF brings this same dink and dunk BS game plan every year against Vanderbilt and guess what happens? Our offense get's $hit on.

Looks like the same game plan as the last 3 years.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT