ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Vanderbilt (SEC Alternate), 6:30PM, September 1, 2018

You’re seriously comparing our schedules?! Is this real life? Must have missed you playing UGA, Bama, etc. Hahahahahaha. We’re not Bama, but we sure as shit played Bama. Did you? Or anyone remotely close? No. Webb wasn’t the X factor. Vandy man handled Middle is all phases. Complete domination. Vaughn still lit you up for 6.3 a carry and he’ll likely do it again. Vandy took it's foot off the gas and went vanilla, which was obvious to everyone, well, except for you.

The rational discussion pretty much ends when someone says we won 7 and you guys only won 5. Vanderbilt played a top 10 schedule last season.

I would guarantee Vanderbilt wins at a minimum 10 games against MTSU’s 2017 schedule. There aren’t any Charlotte’s or ODU’s in the SEC.

You’re seriously comparing our schedules?! Is this real life? Must have missed you playing UGA, Bama, etc. Hahahahahaha. We’re not Bama, but we sure as shit played Bama. Did you? Or anyone remotely close? No. Webb wasn’t the X factor. Vandy man handled Middle is all phases. Complete domination. Vaughn still lit you up for 6.3 a carry and he’ll likely do it again. Vandy took it's foot off the gas and went vanilla, which was obvious to everyone, well, except for you.

Son, I was watching Vandy games at Dudley when Whit Taylor was your QB. There ain't much that I don't know about Vandy. Vaughn got 6.3 a carry against Tyrone Nix's D. He won't do it vs. Shafer. Webb only got 40 yards. vs. us last year. It was his pass catching that kicked our rears last year with a 73 TD strike. VU didn't take it's foot off the gas after the 1st quarter. No team does that ever. We adjusted which is obvious to everyone that ever played the game.

BTW, we've played Bama multiple times in 2002, 2005 and 2015. We got UGA 2 weeks after we play you and UK later in the year. We play Michigan and Iowa next year. We don't have the advantage of SEC recruiting or the money that you guys get for bottom feeding in a P5 conference. If we had those 2 things, this is a much different conversation. VU has that and they still do nothing. You guys couldn't even beat Mizzou in 2016 who we played at their house during their homecoming and beat them.

Webb is no. 6 out of all SEC RB's in the history of the SEC statistically which is obvious to actual football fans. He finished right under Bo Jackson. VU has never had a RB that good ever in the 40 years I've watched them. I don't see any other VU back on that list. LOL. Jermaine Johnson was a good scat back but Webb was a beast It's not his fault that your coach is terrible and couldn't capitalize on such a talent. Sheesh, I thought you had to be smart to go to VU. Guess not.

VU has beaten us 3 years in a row and has tied the series up 3-3 since we went FBS in 2000. It's gonna be a good game and closer than you will ever admit. Good luck to you. You'll need it.

Last edited:
The rational discussion pretty much ends when someone says we won 7 and you guys only won 5. Vanderbilt played a top 10 schedule last season.

I would guarantee Vanderbilt wins at a minimum 10 games against MTSU’s 2017 schedule. There aren’t any Charlotte’s or ODU’s in the SEC.

Really? So does that still include the SEC welfare check you guys have gotten over the last 10 years? I mean just so we are comparing apples to apples here. Vanderbilt - the same Vandy that has like 5 winning seasons in 40 years you're going to win 10 games without the benefit of that conference welfare check that's allowed you to build better facilities, a better training room, better meal setup, better TV deal etc? Really? LMAO.

You played a top 10 schedule with SEC recruiting and a SEC budget that is more money than all of the CUSA east division has combined. We played our schedule with little to no money and CUSA recruiting and still went bowling while you sat home. That's the difference. If we had that cash and SEC level recruiting, we wouldn't be bottom feeding like VU year after year. You guys have major advantages and still suck. Your coach has a horrible record and still boasts about how awesome VU is. Any other school would have already fired him.

And let's be honest here. You lost to Mizzou, UK, SC , a 4 win Florida team and Ole Miss. SC barely beat a very beat up LaTech team. Ole Miss was still washing their bed sheets after the hooker scandal. That ain't top 10 buddy. That's basic as hell. You can boast about a top 10 schedule because of 2 teams, UGA and Bama. We play UGA and UK this year. I guess we are in the top 25 at least now with our schedule. LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTOleBlue
I don't get your argument at all. I'm comparing football teams. I'm not comparing the resources which you seem to be hung up on. The poster simply mentioned that Vanderbilt only won 5 games while MTSU finished with 7. It doesn't make MTSU the better team. In fact, the result in week 1 showed a team that was dominated from start to finish. I don't know what the result will be on Saturday, but Vanderbilt has certainly been the superior team in 2016 and 2017.

Oh you get the argument but denying stuff is a lot easier than dealing with the truth. If you're coming onto an opponent's message board bragging about having 5 winning seasons in 40 years, then you have a much bigger problem than dealing with different opinions. We've haven't had a losing season since 2011.

It's funny, I didn't see any of you clowns on here when we beat y'all 3 straight. You didn't see me on your boards either. All that means is that we're tied up in this modern era (since we've both been d-1a). We'll see what goes down on Saturday.

Good luck to you. You're gonna need it.

Stockstill just guaranteed on that coaches show that Vanderbilt will not "out-compete" us on Saturday.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I heard that too. Chip asked him what areas on the field we may have an advantage. That was his only response. Grow some balls coach. I get the whole not giving bulletin board material but at some point have a little confidence

When I heard that my first reaction was what the F*** does 'out-compete' even mean? That dumb *** crap, the whole dam compete or compE.A.T.T., drives me up the wall. Shut the hell up and just go out smack them in mouth, make them feel pain, and win the damn game.
Win the damn game and make them re-up a home and home series!

MT's THREE KEYS TO WINNING:
1. Stockstill not injured
2. No turnovers
3. Tackle properly

Right now it looks like weather may be decent. The forecast at kickoff calls for Partly Cloudy with a temperature of 85 F. The chance of rain is 2%. Winds are expected to be out of the South Southeast at 6 miles per hour.

Last edited:
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
When I heard that my first reaction was what the F*** does 'out-compete' even mean? That dumb *** crap, the whole dam compete or compE.A.T.T., drives me up the wall. Shut the hell up and just go out smack them in mouth, make them feel pain, and win the damn game.

:eek:
He says that crap just to drive you bonkers. LMAO!!

I hope my fellow MTSU fans can act decently if things don't go our way and there is a big chance going by RECENT history that they may not. We can try to live off what happened 15 or 20 years ago here on social media but it won't be to any benefit on the actual football field to the team.

MT fans should take a "no butt hurt" pledge if VU wins the game, especially if it's by a bunch. Not staying classy would only make it worse, not better.

I hope my fellow MTSU fans can act decently if things don't go our way and there is a big chance going by RECENT history that they may not. We can try to live off what happened 15 or 20 years ago here on social media but it won't be to any benefit on the actual football field to the team.

MT fans should take a "no butt hurt" pledge if VU wins the game, especially if it's by a bunch. Not staying classy would only make it worse, not better.

What are you even talking about? I don't think MT fans need a lecture from you on how to react to a win or loss. Move along.

We're 3-3 since 2001 so yeah you have lost to us. We're tied up. The leather helmet days don't matter to me. We went d-1 in 2000 and since then, we're 3-3. Saturday is the tie breaker.

Any fanbase should be able to handle the final score of a game being played by 20 year old students, with class and dignity. No matter which way the final scoreboard goes. Looks like a few are already refusing to do this as any rational adult might conduct themselves. Well, there's always a few in every crowd. Don't let it ruin your life if Vanderbilt wins the game. They are in the SEC and it's on their home field.

We're 3-3 since 2001 so yeah you have lost to us. We're tied up. The leather helmet days don't matter to me. We went d-1 in 2000 and since then, we're 3-3. Saturday is the tie breaker.

You sound like Tennessee fans referencing history. Talk to me about the last few years.

You sound like Tennessee fans referencing history. Talk to me about the last few years.
I can imagine history would be a touchy subject considering its been what 95 years since Vanderbilt had even a share of a conference championship.

Of course, recent history could be our 7 bowl games since going D1 less than 20 years ago.....or ancient history being 8 bowl games in 60+ years.

Any fanbase should be able to handle the final score of a game being played by 20 year old students, with class and dignity. No matter which way the final scoreboard goes. Looks like a few are already refusing to do this as any rational adult might conduct themselves. Well, there's always a few in every crowd. Don't let it ruin your life if Vanderbilt wins the game. They are in the SEC and it's on their home field.
....and they suck. Look, we dropped the last 3 but it's tied up and Saturday is the tie breaker. If we don't get the W then we'll go on and get enough wins to go to yet another bowl game and VU will have another losing season. In reality, we don't even need this W but we want it. For VU, they freaking need it. If they lose this game, they might win 2-3 games this year. They schedule 2 G5 and a FCS team for a reason. Without those games, they wouldn't have even sniffed 5 wins last year. They are what they are and they'll never be anything but that. It is what it is.

BTW, this is our board and we can say whatever the heck we want. You don't like it, change the channel. You just showed up. Me and a few others have been on this board for 15 years or more. Keep your lectures to yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT