ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Vanderbilt (SEC Alternate), 6:30PM, September 1, 2018

I see why we don't throw vertical passes.

Stockstill sucks.

Brent Stockstill is one of the most overrated QB's I've ever laid eyes on. Dude turns the ball over like it's his job.

Don't worry TrueBlue fans, MT will bounce back to beat up on UT-Martin, Charlotte and the like, get to 6-6, play a bowl game know one has ever heard of, and Stock will get another contract extension because Chris Massaro is a masochist.

Don't worry TrueBlue fans, MT will bounce back to beat up on UT-Martin, Charlotte and the like, get to 6-6, play a bowl game know one has ever heard of, and Stock will get another contract extension because Chris Massaro is a masochist.

And then the athletic department will sit around and wonder why nobody comes to the games anymore........

LOL.

Because your product is $hit. That's why. It's really that simple.

Look at the holes that Vanderbilt OL is opening up.

Must be nice.

No one can defend this coach. If you do you are a fool.

Tune into the post-game radio show. The old geezers on there would defend him if he went 0-12. It's quite sad actually. I feel bad for them as they're clearly senile.

No one can defend this coach. If you do you are a fool.

I think that's the thing. We are completed physically dominated by a bottom tier P5 school. I could deal with that, based on the recruiting differences, if we were the ones with a creative game plan, great execution, and an aggressive style of play. But we were the ones making stupid mistakes, multiple delay of game penalities (c'mon Master Stockstill), dropped passes, and we were no prepared. The score could be worse if Vandy had a decent OC / aggressive play caller.

Brent needs to be benched for the Georgia game .I don't think he will survive it. Wiley is of course coming unhinged. Sure Brent is the most overrated QB that has shattered records. It's clear we have nothing at WR this year, but our running game looks great. If we can get out of the first 4 weeks healthy I think we will do good this year in our conference

Of course he owns all the records. He's played here for like 6 years now and we play 12 games a year now + bowl games are much easier to get to, so more yards for more records. Offensive football in general just produces more stats these days. Brent isn't even close to the best QB to play for MT. Not even top 3 for me to be perfectly honest. I'd take Holcomb, Dasher, and Marks any day before I'd take Brent. Dude CRUMBLES under ANY type of pressure. He's so easy to game plan for.

Also,

Here's a record for you.

0-4 against Vanderbilt.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
GO
Of course he owns all the records. He's played here for like 6 years now and we play 12 games a year now + bowl games are much easier to get to, so more yards for more records.

Here's a record for you.

0-4 against Vanderbilt.

Was the point spread 3? I think they covered.

Records shattered against a really down CUSA conference. You can’t deny that we have beat up on some really crap teams over the past 4 years.

We signed 7 players on the oline this year and none played.... 2 were highly rated JUCOs and we still played the same group. Mark my words, they will get Stockstill hurt with that play. They are bad, BAD.

Brent needs to be benched for the Georgia game .I don't think he will survive it. Wiley is of course coming unhinged. Sure Brent is the most overrated QB that has shattered records. It's clear we have nothing at WR this year, but our running game looks great. If we can get out of the first 4 weeks healthy I think we will do good this year in our conference

I personally will not call out a specific player. But no matter what our record is at the end of the year, we are not a good football team. We are completely outmatched against a bottom tier P5 team.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Has nothing to do with his single season records.

And Brent not scoring has nothing to do with our defense getting carved like a golden corral rib roast.

Has nothing to do with his single season records.

And Brent not scoring has nothing to do with our defense getting carved like a golden corral rib roast.

What do you expect? Our offense put up 7 points. They were going to wear out at some point. Our defense only gave up 7 first half points and held Vanderbilt to 90 total yards of offense. What else do you want from them? You sir, are an idiot, who doesn't understand football.

3fc5d2107029323a83571226ab541d26--homecoming-parade-raiders.jpg

Totally outplayed and out coached tonight and it’s not even close. Embarrassed that we had that good a crowd and laid an egg...again

What do you expect? Our offense put up 7 points. They were going to wear out at some point. Our defense only gave up 7 first half points and held Vanderbilt to 90 total yards of offense. What else do you want from them? You sir, are an idiot, who doesn't understand football.

No, you sir are an ahole that singled out a player for a total failure of the offense. But it's no surprise you are the chicken little of this forum. I'll just pray everyone stays healthy through our blood games and we can fight for our conference.

Done arguing about an OOC game.

No there is not enough talent on this roster. This is the difference between 2⭐ and rated guys and a roster of highly rated 3⭐kids that can play in the SEC. it all recruiting, we couldn't even push the pocket without a blitz. These poor recruiting rankings are starting to show.

As Rick Neuheisel says" it's not the kids you don't get, it's the kids that you think can play at this level and can't that kills you"

Reactions: MT Glenn
Tune into the post-game radio show. The old geezers on there would defend him if he went 0-12. It's quite sad actually. I feel bad for them as they're clearly senile.
sWiley you are honestly the worst POS on here. I read these threads and all you do is trash the programs and act like you know something about anything. I am as pissed as you are about our terrible performance, but you rarely say a positive thing. I think you need to start looking in the mirror as what is wrong with things with our athletics. The SEC has $40 million per team in TV revenue and CUSA has $400k. There are some things that need to change, but I think you changing your attitude or leaving is the first one that needs to happen.

Of course he owns all the records. He's played here for like 6 years now and we play 12 games a year now + bowl games are much easier to get to, so more yards for more records. Offensive football in general just produces more stats these days. Brent isn't even close to the best QB to play for MT. Not even top 3 for me to be perfectly honest. I'd take Holcomb, Dasher, and Marks any day before I'd take Brent. Dude CRUMBLES under ANY type of pressure. He's so easy to game plan for.

Also,

Here's a record for you.

0-4 against Vanderbilt.
He had over 4,000 yards and 30 TDs his Freshman year. Was less than 100 yards from setting Freshman passing yards record. That was the only year he was healthy the entire season. He has done more for MT athletics than you ever will.

sWiley you are honestly the worst POS on here. I read these threads and all you do is trash the programs and act like you know something about anything. I am as pissed as you are about our terrible performance, but you rarely say a positive thing. I think you need to start looking in the mirror as what is wrong with things with our athletics. The SEC has $40 million per team in TV revenue and CUSA has $400k. There are some things that need to change, but I think you changing your attitude or leaving is the first one that needs to happen.

Sorry your panties are in a wad. If I said something incorrect or untruthful feel free to correct me. Otherwise, piss off. I'm not here to make friends or blow sunshine about our program. I call things like I see them.

We just got WAXED by a bad team. Vanderbilt honestly might not win another D1 game this year. I fully expect Nevada and Ty Gangi to beat them next week. Vanderbilt sucks.

And we lost to them. It's scary. We have 20 WR's on scholarship and not a single one can take the top off a defense and help open up the offense. We signed 7 OL in the off-season and not a single one contributed.

As usual, this is a bad, pathetic team that won't sniff the CUSA title game. Sorry but that's just the truth and if you can't handle it then I got nothin' for you.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I thought our D played good enough but it was obvious in the 4th q they were worn out.

Our Offense was below average . Sure we moved the ball between the 20s but couldn’t hit any big plays - like none. Hell, it took 15 plays to score our line TD. A lot of this was Vanderbilt- they bent some.

TURNOVERS - The fumble was a horrendous play. And then Stocks Interception was as poor a pass as he has ever thrown. He was open and it’s a tough throw but one he can and should make.

Even tho the score was bad I felt like we were in the game until about 10 mins left.

I know it’s old but we can still have a good season.

He had over 4,000 yards and 30 TDs his Freshman year. Was less than 100 yards from setting Freshman passing yards record. That was the only year he was healthy the entire season. He has done more for MT athletics than you ever will.

Yeah he had one good year like a decade ago and that's it. Big whoop. Still didn't win a conference title.

Now everyone has film on him and know's how easy he is rattled.

Press our receivers, rush the passer, and Brent crumbles like a cheap cake from Wal-Mart.

7 points against Vanderbilt is just pathetic. Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. They had both starting safeties out too. Did we ever try to attack the middle of the field? Nope.

TN State will hang more points on them than we did. Every other team they play this year will hang more points on them than we did. So F'ing pathetic.

Last edited:
I see why we don't throw vertical passes.

Stockstill sucks.

Brent Stockstill is one of the most overrated QB's I've ever laid eyes on. Dude turns the ball over like it's his job.

No arm strength to get it down the field

Sorry your panties are in a wad. If I said something incorrect or untruthful feel free to correct me. Otherwise, piss off. I'm not here to make friends or blow sunshine about our program. I call things like I see them.

We just got WAXED by a bad team. Vanderbilt honestly might not win another D1 game this year. I fully expect Nevada and Ty Gangi to beat them next week. Vanderbilt sucks.

And we lost to them. It's scary. We have 20 WR's on scholarship and not a single one can take the top off a defense and help open up the offense. We signed 7 OL in the off-season and not a single one contributed.

As usual, this is a bad, pathetic team that won't sniff the CUSA title game. Sorry but that's just the truth and if you can't handle it then I got nothin' for you.
I do not expect you to "blow sunshine" anywhere. When someone is constantly negative it does not seem like they support anything. Until the $$$ gap closes we will not do better than 6-8 wins with the occasional 10 win season. FAU was a fluke last year. OU stomped them into the ground and pulled their starters at the half. I am all for making changes to improve the program, but all you do is spew negative BS and piss poor analysis. We played terrible today, but Stockstill has taken us higher than any other coach. It is time for a change, but that does not happen by trashing a good man.

I do not expect you to "blow sunshine" anywhere. When someone is constantly negative it does not seem like they support anything. Until the $$$ gap closes we will not do better than 6-8 wins with the occasional 10 win season. FAU was a fluke last year. OU stomped them into the ground and pulled their starters at the half. I am all for making changes to improve the program, but all you do is spew negative BS and piss poor analysis. We played terrible today, but Stockstill has taken us higher than any other coach. It is time for a change, but that does not happen by trashing a good man.
“Our” - which I recognize as the athletic department’s, and us just dealing with it - standards are so low. One good season, yet his average is only a game or two over .500 for his entire tenure. Andy Mac at least beat Vandy when they had Jay Cutler. Stockstill’s teams can’t even score on them to stay competitive. The money gap is real.

I know Stock is a good person. That doesn’t make him a good coach. If people think he is a good coach, then they’re lost. And let’s be clear about this game. Mistakes were made all over. But Brent was particularly bad - the errant missed lateral return for a TD, passing off the mark all game, etc. It wasn’t all his fault - but what it did show is just how poor/bad we are without him playing like an NFL All-star, which he had in the past.

I said at the start of this game I expected us to lose like we did last year. Unfortunately this year we don’t have the “advantage” of blaming it on injuries. We just are not a good team. And the AD is okay with that. It is what it is, and the management shouldn’t be shocked when we average 8k butts in seats to view this crappy and unexciting product.

Constantly negative? Go back and read my posts prior to and after the Arkansas State bowl game last year. I was encouraging everyone to go to the bowl game and support the team, which, in hindsight, I regret after tonight.

Last year, prior to our bowl game against Ark St., I really felt like 2018 could be a special year and that it could all start with our bowl game against Arkansas State. I really believed we could beat Arkansas State and carry that momentum into the off season and onwards toward a special 2018 season. The only game on our schedule that realistically we couldn't win was Georgia. Every other game we would either be favored or at worst single digit dogs, which means we have a punchers chance. 2018 was Brent's senior year, the roster was chalked full of junior and senior laden talent, and it all appeared to be setting up to be a special 2018 season.

Once again, I feel like a complete fool for believing that, as we just got hosed by a pathetic Vanderbilt team. Our team is a joke. A fraud. And I'm sick of it. Nothing's changed in the ~15 years Rick has been here and I'm sick of it. Done. Finished.

Constantly negative? Go back and read my posts prior to and after the Arkansas State bowl game last year. I was encouraging everyone to go to the bowl game and support the team, which, in hindsight, I regret after tonight.

Last year, prior to our bowl game against Ark St., I really felt like 2018 could be a special year and that it could all start with our bowl game against Arkansas State. I really believed we could beat Arkansas State and carry that momentum into the off season and onwards toward a special 2018 season. The only game on our schedule that realistically we couldn't win was Georgia. Every other game we would either be favored or at worst single digit dogs, which means we have a punchers chance. 2018 was Brent's senior year, the roster was chalked full of junior and senior laden talent, and it all appeared to be setting up to be a special 2018 season.

Once again, I feel like a complete fool for believing that, as we just got hosed by a pathetic Vanderbilt team. Our team is a joke. A fraud. And I'm sick of it. Nothing's changed in the ~15 years Rick has been here and I'm sick of it. Done. Finished.
I am not going to go look at posts last year. The negative I speak of is basketball and this game. This is not helping either. Our main issue is we have fair weather fans. Notre Dame has sold out almost 300 straight games and they have not competed at the level they want to in years. Butts in seats means more $$ and better facilities. I understand a winning product helps that, but maybe we can do something to help. I want passion for the program, and I see that here. I know that being a good man does not mean being a good coach, but when you only say negative about someone the ones that support him dig in and the ones that don't do the same. Kind of like what we see i politics and it causes division. We need the ones that support and the ones that don't to see the same vision. We can all appreciate what Coach Stock has done and say it is time to move on.

Reactions: Hop45
I am not going to go look at posts last year. The negative I speak of is basketball and this game. This is not helping either. Our main issue is we have fair weather fans. Notre Dame has sold out almost 300 straight games and they have not competed at the level they want to in years. Butts in seats means more $$ and better facilities. I understand a winning product helps that, but maybe we can do something to help. I want passion for the program, and I see that here. I know that being a good man does not mean being a good coach, but when you only say negative about someone the ones that support him dig in and the ones that don't do the same. Kind of like what we see i politics and it causes division. We need the ones that support and the ones that don't to see the same vision. We can all appreciate what Coach Stock has done and say it is time to move on.
Notre Dame has history. They have a vision. What do we have? Accepted mediocrity. That’s all we can claim. And it’s sad. You’re so right... we need a new coach!

I will say being hyper negative isn’t necessary but it’s not like Wiley hasn’t given him a lot of chances. Every time he shows his true colors. I feel the same way he does about most of the stuff but I’m just tired of writing it out so often.

Reactions: crposton
Folks, I really like Coach Stock and I think he’s a great man. I think his son has guts and is a damn good football player and he belongs in the ranks of the best we’ve ever had, no question. I listened to the post game where Stock shared we competed, got controlled on the LOS and said we weren’t that fast on the outside...... Our oline was bad last year and we rolled out the same crew. Recruited jucos and signed 6-7 bodies up front and still the same crew. I think a couple on our 2 deep up front are walk ons, who is responsible here??? Receivers can’t make plays and we have a TON on scholarship, hell we threw a pass to our backup freshman QB, a back up freshman QB.... we get no pressure on the QB... none. We have no ends that force a QB up in the pocket.... none. Not trying to be Debbie Downer I swear, please someone tell me I’m wrong?....

Notre Dame has history. They have a vision. What do we have? Accepted mediocrity. That’s all we can claim. And it’s sad. You’re so right... we need a new coach!

I will say being hyper negative isn’t necessary but it’s not like Wiley hasn’t given him a lot of chances. Every time he shows his true colors. I feel the same way he does about most of the stuff but I’m just tired of writing it out so often.
I agree history means something, but what is it worth now? We are a team where if we get a superstar coach he will be gone in a few years, or we have a Rick Stockstill. He has improved the program regardless if we want to admit it. McCollum may have beaten Vandy, but how many bowl games did he win? Did he have a winning record? The gap between the haves and have nots is also larger than ever. We have FAU at home and I hope we can sell it out, but unfortunately we have fans that will stay home because we lost to Vandy and Georgia we will just have another 6-8 win season. A sellout would give us a better chance than a half empty stadium.

Folks, I really like Coach Stock and I think he’s a great man. I think his son has guts and is a damn good football player and he belongs in the ranks of the best we’ve ever had, no question. I listened to the post game where Stock shared we competed, got controlled on the LOS and said we weren’t that fast on the outside...... Our oline was bad last year and we rolled out the same crew. Recruited jucos and signed 6-7 bodies up front and still the same crew. I think a couple on our 2 deep up front are walk ons, who is responsible here??? Receivers can’t make plays and we have a TON on scholarship, hell we threw a pass to our backup freshman QB, a back up freshman QB.... we get no pressure on the QB... none. We have no ends that force a QB up in the pocket.... none. Not trying to be Debbie Downer I swear, please someone tell me I’m wrong?....

We played the big bad SEC! You can't expect to see success when playing such a daunting foe!

We played the big bad SEC! You can't expect to see success when playing such a daunting foe!
I like the sarcasm. The top of the SEC and any other P5 conference is daunting, but we should be able to "compete" better against the bottom of the P5. I can agree with you on that.

I agree history means something, but what is it worth now? We are a team where if we get a superstar coach he will be gone in a few years, or we have a Rick Stockstill. He has improved the program regardless if we want to admit it. McCollum may have beaten Vandy, but how many bowl games did he win? Did he have a winning record? The gap between the haves and have nots is also larger than ever. We have FAU at home and I hope we can sell it out, but unfortunately we have fans that will stay home because we lost to Vandy and Georgia we will just have another 6-8 win season. A sellout would give us a better chance than a half empty stadium.

McCollum didn't go to a bowl game because bowl games during his era were still very rare. Only 1 SBC team, and that was the SBC champ, went to a bowl when McCollum was coach. If those circumstances were still the same, Rick Stockstill, in his 13th season, WOULD STILL HAVE NEVER GOTTEN TO A BOWL GAME. Let that marinate in your mind for a minute.

McCollum and Stockstill have an almost identical in-conference record FYI.

I would trade a slightly worse conference record for 3-0 against Vanderbilt and beating our regional rivalries every other year (McCollum never let Troy get the best of him....Took Stock like 6 years to finally beat Troy)

game thread, links are a work in progress...

Vanderbilt University

3070943466_9c7c3d8705_b.jpg

Founded: 1873 Enrollment: 12,592 (Undergraduates 6,885, Postgraduates 5,707)
Colors: Black and Gold Nickname: Commodores
Series: VU leads 15-3
Stadium: Vanderbilt (40,350)
Head Coach: Derek Mason (Northern Arizona, 1993) Record at VU: 18-31 (5th)
2015 Record: 5-7(1-7) Bowl: none
Starters Ret./Lost: 16/6 Lettermen R/L: 43/19

Weather Forecast: The forecast at kickoff calls for Partly Cloudy with a temperature of 85 F. The chance of rain is 2%. Winds are expected to be out of the South Southeast at 6 miles per hour.

Where: Vanderbilt Stadium, 2601 Jess Neely Drive, Nashville, Tennessee

Vanderbilt Stadium Policies Vanderbilt does not allow backpacks, bags or purses larger than a standard sheet of letter-size paper, umbrellas, strollers, selfie sticks, smoking or vaping inside the stadium.

Television: SEC Network Alternate (Comcast/Xfinity: 723-724; DirecTV: 611-1; AT&T U-verse: 608-609; Dish: 596-597; Charter Spectrum: 235; Telephone and Data Systems: 633; Campus TV: 3.2 (rescan): Anish Shroff (play-by-play), Ahmad Brooks (analyst), Roddy Jones (sideline)

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WDUC 93.9 FM, WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius channel 157, XM channel 196, TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: http://www.espn.com/watch/

Live Stats: Live Stats

Newspapers: Tennessean, Vanderbilt Hustler,

Message Boards: vandysports.com, Commodore Daily, TheBlackSea, anchordown vandy.proboards.com, sec-rant vandy sports, vandymania

Blogs: anchorofgold.com, Hawkins,Memorial & Dudley,

Athletic site:
vucommodores.com, GoBlueRaiders.com

Media Guides:
Vanderbilt, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Vanderbilt 2018 SBNation Preview, Vanderbilt (Orlando Sentinel #106), HeroSports.com #83 Vanderbilt, Middle Tennessee 2018 SBNation Preview, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #56),

Game Notes:
VANDY GAME NOTES, MT GAME NOTES

Roster: Commodores, Blue Raiders

Game Previews:
Middle Tennessee was Woody Widenhofer’s Waterloo. Could it be the same for Derek Mason?, Looking ahead to MT and Vandy

Twitter: @VanderbiltU, @VandyFootball, @AdamSparks, @VU_All_Access, @vuhustlersports, @joefishervu, @HMDSportsBlogVU,

Hashtags:
#AnchorDown, #BlueRaiders, #BeatVandy, #PaintNashvilleBlue

Facebook: Vanderbilt University Athletics,

Youtube: vucommodores,

Instagram:
vucommodores,

2017 Game Thread

2016 Game Thread

2015 Game Thread

Good game wasn't it Mr. Spaceman? Your new DC had us figured out in the first half. I have no doubt y'all will end up in a Bowl.

These have been a stressful 7 games. (from past talks) Touche'... but I can only hope we never reschedule the series.

Good Luck with other games in the near and the late term.

I shouldve followed the wise example of BigBlueBrad and stayed home instead of going to that crapshow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT