ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Vanderbilt (CBSSN), 6PM Saturday, October 3, Homecoming

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Game thread, links are a work in progress:

Where: Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, Capacity (30,788), 1500 Greenland Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Television: CBSSN, Jason Horowitz, play-by-play, Derek Rackley, analyst, Cassie Gallo, sidelines

Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1), PxP: Chip Walters, 25th Season, Analyst: Dejuan Buford

Streaming: Audio, Video -

Live Stats: goblueraiders.com

Newspapers: Tennessean, Vanderbilt Hustler,

Message Boards: vandysports.com, vandymania, TheBlackSea, anchordownvandy.proboards.com, sec-rant vandy sports,

Blogs: anchorofgold.com,

Athletic site:
vucommodores.com, GoBlueRaiders.com, gbr - game day central

Media Guides: Vanderbilt, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Vanderbilt (Orlando Sentinel #95), Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #53)

Game Notes:
Vanderbilt Game Notes, MT Game Notes, CUSA Game Notes

Roster: Commodores, Blue Raiders

Game Previews:

Twitter: @VandyFootball, @AdamSparks,

Hashtags:
, #BlueRaiders, #BeatVandy,

Facebook:
Vanderbilt University Athletics,

Youtube: vucommodores,

Instagram:

Last edited:
What does the line moving so much early say about the game (and our chance). Seems to me that the early money is going to the Dores, but what to I know.

Last edited:
excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders welcome the Vanderbilt Commodores to town in week five.

The Vanderbilt Commodores are not supposed to be a factor in the always tough SEC but they gave Mississippi a strong effort before falling 27-16. The Commodores trailed just 20-16 in the 4th as 27 point underdogs despite getting outgained 472-322 with a 2-0 edge in turnovers helping their cause. Vandy had most of their success through the air with quarterback Johnny McCrary hitting 23-42 for 194 yards and a touchdown with Steven Scheu, Trent Sherfield and Caleb Scott accounting for 17 receptions and 154 yards in a short passing attack. The Commodores had little luck on the ground with a 25 carry, 90 yard performance from Ralph Webb being the rushing attack.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders were given a decent chancer of taking down Illinois but couldn’t hold on to a 4th quarter lead in a 27-25 defeat that saw the Illini nail a 51 yard field goal with just over two minute remaining. The Illini also recovered a blocked punt for a touchdown so things went their way. The boxscore was even with both teams totaling around 370 yards with the Blue Raiders enjoying success in the air but not on the ground. Quarterback Brent Stockstill gave MTSU a fighting chance with 330 yards and three touchdowns on 29-42 with Ed’Marques Batties and Rick James catching 25 balls for 316 yards and three scores. Jordan Parker led the Blue Raiders on the ground with 70 yards on 23 carries but that wasn’t moving the chains.

The under is 4-0-1 in Commodores last 5 games after scoring less than 20 points in their previous game and the Commodores are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 vs. CUSA while the under is 4-0-1 in Commodores last 5 games after allowing more than 450 total yards in their previous game. The over is 4-0 in Blue Raiders last 4 home games vs. a team with a losing road record and the under is 4-0 in Blue Raiders last 4 vs. SEC while the over is 5-0 in Blue Raiders last 5 vs. a team with a losing record. If Vanderbilt can ugly this game up I think they have a shot here but Stockstill has to be contained…

Vandy has been a covering machine lately which is why they're getting so much action. Vegas knows this and is setting a trap IMO. Very good for us.

Nothing would please me more that one effect from a loss to Middle Tennessee, would be to take some more money out of the pockets of vandy fans.

We have also covered every game. Don't think Vegas is "setting a trap." Just early money on Commode Odors. Books just trying to even the action.

It's snark week at the anchorofgold.com (and don't miss the comments underneath that foul article):

Better Know a Conference USA Opponent: The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders

the incredible lack of self awareness features this post: "...Vandy should be at least a 3-5 point favorite. Just no respect. Guess we’ll just have to go out and clean the field with them." , with the signature "It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance."

the incredible lack of self awareness features this post: "...Vandy should be at least a 3-5 point favorite. Just no respect. Guess we’ll just have to go out and clean the field with them." , with the signature "It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance."

You act like the opinions of a few rednecks represent an entire fan base. That reflects poorly on you.

I thought y'all would be favored slightly as did most VU fans I know.

Vanderbilt has the absolute dumbest fan base in the country. Vandy lost to Ole Miss by 11 points and now they're winning the SEC east or deserve to be recognized as a power for not losing by 20. Sheesh I hope we wake up, correct the stupid mistakes and bury these clowns in JRF on Saturday. We're 3-0. Vandy fans can say what they want but they haven't beaten us since the 50's.

Should be a good game. WKU with their crappy defense took em out. How hard can it be?

Vanderbilt has the absolute dumbest fan base in the country. Vandy lost to Ole Miss by 11 points and now they're winning the SEC east or deserve to be recognized as a power for not losing by 20. Sheesh I hope we wake up, correct the stupid mistakes and bury these clowns in JRF on Saturday. We're 3-0. Vandy fans can say what they want but they haven't beaten us since the 50's.

Should be a good game. WKU with their crappy defense took em out. How hard can it be?

Where did you hear our fans say we should win the East?

We suck, as evidence by being an underdog to both Western Kentucky and MTSU. Let that sink in for minute.

We may beat yall Saturday, but that doesn't mean we don't suck.

I know zero Vandy fans that thinks otherwise.

Where did you hear our fans say we should win the East?

We suck, as evidence by being an underdog to both Western Kentucky and MTSU. Let that sink in for minute.

We may beat yall Saturday, but that doesn't mean we don't suck.

I know zero Vandy fans that thinks otherwise.

You think being an underdog to WKU and us is the evidence that you suck? That's so cute. How old are you? A quick glance at your record through the years will let you know that evidence has been piling up for a century. It's so bad, that no other team can claim to suck without first getting permission from Vanderbilt.

You think being an underdog to WKU and us is the evidence that you suck? That's so cute. How old are you? A quick glance at your record through the years will let you know that evidence has been piling up for a century. It's so bad, that no other team can claim to suck without first getting permission from Vanderbilt.

Yes and I already said as much. Pay attention.

When you are in the bottom 1/3rd of the FBS, that means you suck.

We aren't devoid of talent, but the game is about wins and losses and we are 1-3, with a horrible loss to WKU.

Cbow or space I know a troll when I see one. I would nip this Frieda's guy in the bud. It will only go south from here.

Weather forcast yesterday said 67 and dry today it says 61 with a60% chance of rain. Cross your fingers.

Heard that VU athletics returned a significant portion of their allotment in 2J, 1K, and 3K...

I just checked out the location of those sections, no wonder they were returned!

Question, who did you hear that from and what is your guess as to how many fans we will bring based on the return of those tickets?

I guessed 5k, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it were way less than that.

Could you imagine the mass confusion in that stadium with a sell out with 75% of the people used to just buying a ticket and sitting where you want vs the people who are trying to sit where their ticket tells them.

I just checked out the location of those sections, no wonder they were returned!

Question, who did you hear that from and what is your guess as to how many fans we will bring based on the return of those tickets?

I guessed 5k, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it were way less than that.

Our AD made a comment a while back saying that the Vandy athletics department returned a bunch (definitely remember hearing it from him). My guess is several hundred at least (close to 1,000+), maybe 1,500 or 2,000. I think many will be scattered throughout the stadium but if the three main VU sections didn't fully sell I don't think it will be too many. Certainly a respectable amount but not anything big like 5,000.

Could you imagine the mass confusion in that stadium with a sell out with 75% of the people used to just buying a ticket and sitting where you want vs the people who are trying to sit where their ticket tells them.

I think that will be common. Hopefully people realize it's a sell out and you can't just sit wherever. A good problem to have, IMO. Sure some will be fussy, but it will be awesome to see a huge crowd in Blue and White.

Our AD made a comment a while back saying that the Vandy athletics department returned a bunch (definitely remember hearing it from him). My guess is several hundred at least (close to 1,000+), maybe 1,500 or 2,000. I think many will be scattered throughout the stadium but if the three main VU sections didn't fully sell I don't think it will be too many. Certainly a respectable amount but not anything big like 5,000.

FYI, those aren't the three main VU sections according to VU people I know.

I agree with you though that our fans will be spread out. I think our normal travel group is probably 500-1000 for any game, so I'm hopeful we will have a bigger group given the proximity. Of course, when you have a small fanbase conditioned to expect a loss, not many want to travel to see that!

I'll be there plus 7 though.

Sounds like I'll need a poncho!

FYI, those aren't the three main VU sections according to VU people I know.

I agree with you though that our fans will be spread out. I think our normal travel group is probably 500-1000 for any game, so I'm hopeful we will have a bigger group given the proximity. Of course, when you have a small fanbase conditioned to expect a loss, not many want to travel to see that!

I'll be there plus 7 though.

Sounds like I'll need a poncho!

Hopefully it will be nice weather. Our away sections are always 1J - 1K - 2K (band) and 3K, so those are where Vandy tickets were given. Overflow is in the upper half of 3HH - 2JJ, but I don't think those were given out to VU. Hope to see a good amount of Vandy fans (not too many though!) but I have learned thru experience not to have high hopes in that regard. Hope you have a good time and aren't too sad about the loss =) Go Blue Raiders!

Hopefully it will be nice weather. Our away sections are always 1J - 1K - 2K (band) and 3K, so those are where Vandy tickets were given. Overflow is in the upper half of 3HH - 2JJ, but I don't think those were given out to VU. Hope to see a good amount of Vandy fans (not too many though!) but I have learned thru experience not to have high hopes in that regard. Hope you have a good time and aren't too sad about the loss =) Go Blue Raiders!

I won't be too sad about the loss, I too am conditioned...

I know 2H is one of the VU sections and we will likely be in 2II according to VU (buddy is getting tix today).

I won't be too sad about the loss, I too am conditioned...

I know 2H is one of the VU sections and we will likely be in 2II according to VU (buddy is getting tix today).

2H is a reserved sideline section, so there were probably a couple of random seats open there. Most of them will be MT fans. 2II is an upper deck level above the given Vandy sections, so that's a good spot!

2H is a reserved sideline section, so there were probably a couple of random seats open there. Most of them will be MT fans. 2II is an upper deck level above the given Vandy sections, so that's a good spot!

10-4.

I am sure it will be 25,000 MTSU fans and a few VU fans sprinkled in there...

No rain, please.

10-4.

I am sure it will be 25,000 MTSU fans and a few VU fans sprinkled in there...

No rain, please.

My heart says you're right, my mind says I'll see it when I believe it after the first two crowds of the season for us... No rain is right! I'll do an anti-rain dance on Friday evening before bed! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT