ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-4, 1-2) vs Marshall (5-1, 2-0) (ESPN2), 6PM, Friday, October 20, 2017

Thanks Wiley for pointing out on the radio that Marshall has a history of success to these guys. We haven’t sniffed a bowl win in 8 years or a conference championship unlike Marshall. Them saying Marshall was in a similar predicament this time last year only to turn it around had no merit based on each programs history

Wow did anyone hear that bleed over during the commercial?! “We are all frustrated” “we should all be praying”. Nice to hear some truth

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
Thanks Wiley for pointing out on the radio that Marshall has a history of success to these guys. We haven’t sniffed a bowl win in 8 years or a conference championship unlike Marshall. Them saying Marshall was in a similar predicament this time last year only to turn it around had no merit based on each programs history

Yeah that old dude is a mega homer always schilling for Massaro and Stock. You should have heard him last week. It's quite pathetic.

Did you really get an answer of - why don't you come down to the coach's show and ask Stock?

I don't live in Murfreesboro but do they allow call-ins, and if so, what day and time is it?

I want to talk with Coach Stock man to man on the phone. It's been a while since we chatted.

I agree but he was telling his true thoughts when his mic was hot during that commercial break

That was the younger guy we could hear that kept saying he was frustrated also. The old dude is an oblivious homer

Reactions: arg3b
We have a Head Coach who completely checked out after the third Marshall TD. First time I saw him do this was in Bowling Green year before last when the game was over by halftime. Tonight he stood off by himself and NEVER engaged his football team. It’s really sad. At one point, his own son walked up to him to console him. He’s done. The interview in the postgame was a beaten man.

Reactions: arg3b
Could someone post the post-game questions including Wiley's call in? I missed and would like to hear.

listen to this old man trying to hype up UTEP

HAHAHAHAHAH

We have a Head Coach who completely checked out after the third Marshall TD. First time I saw him do this was in Bowling Green year before last when the game was over by halftime. Tonight he stood off by himself and NEVER engaged his football team. It’s really sad. At one point, his own son walked up to him to console him. He’s done. The interview in the postgame was a beaten man.

That’s exactly how it sounded. He sounded beaten and done

Unless he resigns he's not done.

Officiating was terrible tonight. Missed several obvious holds by OLine and DPI on Marshall. Banks threw a nice deep ball that the WR never saw. Would like to see him start game just to see what he can do.

Could someone post the post-game questions including Wiley's call in? I missed and would like to hear.

I asked about roster management. We have 15 WR's on scholarship, 14 OL on scholarship, 12 LB's on scholarship. Why are there only 14 OL on scholarship? There are 5 OL out there on every play. Rarely 5 WR's on every play (and if you can't block who cares how many WR's you have), and only 3 LB's on every defensive play.

The premise of my question was, why are there so few OL on scholarship when compared to WR & LB? Common sense would tell you that your OL group should take priority since you need 5 out there at all times (and because games are won and lost in the trenches). I ended by telling them our staff has no idea how to manage a roster. Their response was to ask coach stock personally @ the coaches show and that they basically had no idea why the numbers were what they were.

what day and time is the coaches show and do they accept callers? I really would like to discuss this more in-depth. I want to hear a good answer as to why someone would have more WR's than OL on scholarship and nearly as many LB's on scholarship. Hell, with his son as the QB you'd think he would be even more likely to recruit the linemen to protect him.

I really have no faith in this staff beyond Schafer. I think even Franklin is going the way of the dinosaur. He's a good OC but he has not adjusted well to the limitations of our current roster.

Unless he resigns he's not done.
Maybe he’ll take a reassignment and a lesser buyout. But I doubt it. He knew damn well what he was selling Massaro on the swap of his annual bump in exchange for the three additional years. Cost of Attendance benevolence my ass. Even sadder is we have fans who actually believed that. Massaro even pimped it to the media what a selfless act it was.

Pitiful.

One only needed to see the empty stands during the game to know that things are really in bad shape with MT football.

I'm starting to wonder if AD Massaro hasn't already reached some point of mailing it in. I'm not going to suggest that he completely does not care. On the other hand, has he resigned himself to some idea that of "little middle" and just accepts mediocrity?

I'm also highly confident that Kermit's success is a result of Kermit's own force of will. He's the only one of the big three (AD, FB HC, and BB HC) that has a clearly communicated vision.

I almost expect MT is too broke to do anything about a coaching change for the next couple of years. For a couple of years, I've pretty much expected that the earliest for any changes would be after Brent's final year.

After tonight's horrible display, I don't know how much longer this can continue. Again, all the empty seats speaks loudest.

Are those tarps up in the upper deck in the endzone a sign of Massaro's resignation in striving for real growth and success?

I heard on the postgame we officially had only 273 yards of offense. Our leading rusher had 51 yards, on 13 carries! Stock said in postgame “I know it gets tiring saying the same thing every week but there are issues on offense”. Then freaking do something and change! We all know what the definition of insanity is.

I love the man as a person but it’s like he puts his hands on his hips above his belt for one play. It flops. So he puts his hands below his belt for the next hoping the result will be different.

I heard on the postgame we officially had only 273 yards of offense. Our leading rusher had 51 yards, on 13 carries! Stock said in postgame “I know it gets tiring saying the same thing every week but there are issues on offense”. Then freaking do something and change! We all know what the definition of insanity is.

I love the man as a person but it’s like he puts his hands on his hips above his belt for one play. It flops. So he puts his hands below his belt for the next hoping the result will be different.

Football is very basic; you have to play in the trenches - the core or our offensive woes is the line. Fix that and everything else gets better. At this point its either coaching or talent, I have no idea which it is.

Football is very basic; you have to play in the trenches - the core or our offensive woes is the line. Fix that and everything else gets better. At this point its either coaching or talent, I have no idea which it is.
If it's talent, that's a result of recruiting. After 12 years of being able to recruit who you need to run your system and run it well, there's no excuse for looking like this one side or the other of the ball every year.

People were complaining about lack of talent on the defense until Shafer turned the defense around.

The offense isn't functioning as it has in years past... doesn't look like a Tony Franklin offense. It's easy to see that Urzua makes too many bad decisions.

Fix the offense and this team will be as good as it was when Franklin and Diaz were here in 09.

lack of talent primarily due to lousy recruiting
We have the talent. That's not the issue here. We need to fire Rick Mallory. Our line has dipped in protection since he took over as the OL coach. We need a real OL coach and we will be 100% better on O. Bottom line. If we had that, Brent would have never had to run up the middle in the first place.

Tennessee is becoming a hotbed for talented football players, especially middle Tennessee, There's no excuse why this staff isnt doing a better job of securing some of the homegrown talent in this area. I dont expect us to fill our roster with all in state talent and definitely dont expect us to reel in a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits but my goodness how hard is it to go over to Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, and Siegel as well as drive 30 minutes up the street to the Nashville private schools as well as metro and at least try to get some of these kids who are going elsewhere and having good college careers.

I haven't written much this year on FB out of frustration, but I must point out that regarding recruiting there is at least one (there could be more) recruit within 40 min. of campus who has been offered by both a MAC and AA school - MT hasn't been on that campus, called or written. Just makes you wonder. Did they see this player on film and decide he wasn't a good fit.

You know, at least contacting a local high school HC would be a positive PR move.

The defense is better because he puts players in position to make plays. I'm not sure we have the talent because of terrible recruiting. Give Schafer time to recruit his type of player and we will be really good.
I've never been a TF fan. His offense becomes predictable.

ADVERTISEMENT