ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-4, 1-2) vs Marshall (5-1, 2-0) (ESPN2), 6PM, Friday, October 20, 2017

Let's get some prop bets going.

Will Marshall eclipse 60 points?

Will Marshall punt this game?

Will Urzua throw over or under 2.5 more INT's?

Will Marshall score another defensive and/or special teams TD?

Will Stockstill unfold his arms during the second half?

1. My bet is they ALMOST get there - 59
2. Yes, they will punt once (maybe 2x max)
3. 2 more INTs
4. Yes

Ill go....

Marshall ends with 55 points (but could have scored 80, they'll slow it down in the 4th quarter)

Marshall will punt late in the 4th quarter when they fumble a snap and end up in a bad 3rd and 20 that they can't convert

Urzua will throws 3 more INT's (probably 1 more pick six)

Marshall will get a special teams score (safety or kickoff/punt return)

Stockstill will not unfold his arms

Hello, Raider fans, welcome to college football... sort of. The attendance today is 14 hundred and 12. Most of them left after that 31 point 1st half the Herd put up. Take over Wiley, I'm in the bag.

I'd love to do it. If Massaro wants to match my salary (and i don't make nearly what Stock makes), then I'll come back to Murfreesboro. But I can already tell you I would be a pretty unorthodox coach and would be doing things nobody else in the country does, starting with cutting scholarships for all the bums on the team. Most people don't realize this, but scholarships are 1 year renewable contracts. It's just kind of a golden rule that you don't cut a player as long as he going to class and coming to practice. I want to win though, and I would do everything in my power to do so regardless as long as it was legal.

this is a physical beat down.

We have a Division 3 OL

I'm telling you....Brent will come back, we will beat 0-7 Charlotte, 0-7 UTEP and 2-4 ODU to end up with 6 wins. We will go to the Toilet Bowl & lose to a 6-6 MAC school, RS will get a contract extension, and GoBlueRaiders.com will have a banner about how successful the season was given our injuries and just wait till next year.

Reactions: Herd Fever
I'm telling you....Brent will come back, we will beat 0-7 Charlotte, 0-7 UTEP and 2-4 ODU to end up with 6 wins. We will go to the Toilet Bowl & lose to a 6-6 MAC school, RS will get a contract extension, and GoBlueRaiders.com will have a banner about how successful the season was given our injuries and just wait till next year.

Yea I can't wait to see how the athletic department spins this season. They'll find some way to make it sound like we had a great year despite the sobering reality that we are entering our HC's 13th year and still suck @$$.

And we will finally see Banks. Only took Urzua to get injured before we see him. Pathetic.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Gonna need quite a few more TD's for Marshall to hit 70, but one can hope

And we will finally see Banks. Only took Urzua to get injured before we see him. Pathetic.
I have a feeling he'll look a lot better than Urzua. And, of course, we'll be reminded of just how incapable Stockstill is as a coach.

Tough to get adjusted to in-game speed. That's probably a completion every time in practice. Thrusting a guy into a 38-10 blowout in the 4th quarter isn't exactly a fair scenario.

Regardless, this teams problems extend far beyond just the QB position.

post game show - 1 866 RAIDERS

will they take any calls?

The sad thing - I don't blame Stock. He is who is he. He is a nice guy that got us to a higher APR, a ~.500 record, and no NCAA issues. He is doing exactly what our AD has asked him to do to get a contract extension. I can't blame a guy for being the same guy he has been for 12 years.

I can blame our AD for setting the bar so freaking low.

The sad thing - I don't blame Stock. He is who is he. He is a nice guy that got us to a higher APR, a ~.500 record, and no NCAA issues. He is doing exactly what our AD has asked him to do to get a contract extension. I can't blame a guy for being the same guy he has been for 12 years.

At least he is consistently mediocre. Massaro, though, really #^@*ed up with this hire and especially this contract.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I have over 800,000 reasons every year why I blame stock.

He should step down this year instead of ruining it and running what's left into the ground.

I have over 800,000 reasons every year why I blame stock.

If someone hired you and told you, to improve & maintain the APR, average winning 50% of your games, and don't break NCAA rules as requirements of your contract, then you do it, why would you quit?

The bar is set way to low. Massaro is Little Middle.

Your basically saying Stock will only do the bare minimum in wining football than go above and beyond expectations. That doesn't say much.

But yes CM is all to blame.

If someone hired you and told you, to improve & maintain the APR, average winning 50% of your games, and don't break NCAA rules as requirements of your contract, then you do it, why would you quit?

The bar is set way to low. Massaro is Little Middle.

Your basically saying Stock will only do the bare minimum in wining football than go above and beyond expectations. That doesn't say much.

But yes CM is all to blame.

We have 12 years of evidence that we can only expect the bare minimum from Stock. If Massaro doesn't make a change at HC, then we need to push for a change at AD.

Listening to post game. RS sounds absolutely defeated. I’ve never heard him this down

Listening to post game. RS sounds absolutely defeated. I’ve never heard him this down

As he should. He's in his 12th year as a head coach and we are AWFUL. The buck stops with him. He is responsible for all of this, whether it is the good or the bad. That is the responsibility that comes with being a head coach. Our staff has completely mismanaged this roster leaving us with very few D-1 players to compete with in games. Franklin and Shafer are well respected coaches who know what they are doing, but you can't win without legit players, and those are a rarity on our roster. Roster management is the most underrated aspect of college football, and our staff apparently has zero idea how to properly to do it.

I know it's been beat to death, but the JUCO signings and the over signing of WR's these last 3-4 years has absolutely hamstringed this program.....and I sense the staff realized this far before this season started as you already see 3 OL commits for 2018. Our current offensive line couldn't block Warren County High School. Moving forward, you can't undo 3-4 years of stupid recruiting with 1 class. It's going to be dark days ahead here in Murfreesboro for a while. Could you imagine where this program would be without Stock & James?

We are a bad team with a coaching staff that apparently has little to no idea what they are doing. Franklin & Shafer havn't been here long enough to put the recruiting problems on them, but a lot of the other coaches who have been here a while are 100% to blame for this, however; I'm sure nobody is going to be held accountable.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT