ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (2-5, 1-2) @ Liberty (6-0, 4-0) (CBSSN), 6PM, Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Does anyone else get the impression this broadcast has been heavily slanted towards Liberty? I don't really care and readily admit Liberty's football has so much more going for it than MT

It's a shame we don't have our starting DE's for this game. We are so weak at DE with these backs up. They are getting absolutely owned. They cannot get up field or stop the run at all. total domination by their OL

Liberty averaging 7.3 yards per rush

Terrible

Our front 7 is getting destroyed which is not typical for us

how can we never seal the outside edge ?

these DE's are going to lose this game for us

Outside of the INT by Raby this is an absolutely pathetic showing from our defense

I havn't seen our front 7 get dominated like this is a long time. Even Alabama wasn't having this much success against our front 7

Liberty averaging 7.8 YPC

For reference, Alabama game was 5.1

Reactions: tyler90wm
marc maron fire GIF

Shafer has to do something different defensively.

You have to load the box and force them to throw it. Cover 1 or even Cover 0. We absolutely cannot win this game if we are going to let them grind our defense down at 7 yards per carry. You have to pick one thing and stop it, and that pick is always the run.

If Salter can beat us throwing the ball against man coverage then so be it. But stack the box, run blitz, cover 1 and cover 0 and make them earn it at least. Not liking this defensive game plan at all.

Liberty could drop 70 tonight on us if they wanted to

this defense is pathetic

OL is playing well

it's a shame our defense is a sieve tonight. Out front 7 is really letting us down

Good first half, I feel Liberty makes adjustments and pulls away.

Vattiato 17-20 184 yds 2TDs

He's actually amazing. I was just thinking about how well he has played considering our OL. It is truly remarkable. Might be the best college QB we've had in maybe...forever.

He leads the conference in completion percentage despite having the worst OL in the conference....tell me how that works.

Still just a redshirt sophomore too. Very happy to have him but then I also worry....is he wasting his talents here?

It is going to be a shame if this staff can't build a championship team around him. He is most certainly a championship caliber QB and deserves an OL that can protect him

Last edited:
It's pretty amazing how much different this offense looks when Vattiato isn't running for his life and we have a decent running game. It just opens up everything.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Said this over on CSNbbs, but I smelled a Stockstill surprise on this one. I don't know what it is but after 20 years watching this team I could feel we were going to shock Liberty on this one. Lose the givens, win the upsets

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT