ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (0-1) vs Tennessee State (1-0), ESPN3, 6PM, Saturday, September 7, 2019

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, work in progress:

FOOTBALL%20-%20HALE.jpg

Tennessee State University
Founded: 1912 Enrollment: 7,774 Undergrad 6,121 Postgrad 1,653
Acceptance rate: %
Colors: Reflex Blue and White
Fight song: I'm so glad...
Series: 20th Meeting (MT leads 10-9), In Murfreesboro: 2-0 MT, At TSU: 2-1 TSU; At Nashville: 7-7
Stadium: Hale Stadium Capacity: 15,000
Coach: Rod Reed (Tennessee State, 1988)
Record at TSU: 53-47 (10th) Overall: 82-64 (12th)
2018 Record: 4-5 (3-4) 2018 Bowl: N/A
Starters Ret./Lost: 15/7 Lettermen R/L: 51/21

Weather Forecast:
Temperature: 90/61, humidity 56/77%, Precip: 10%, Wind: NE 5mph

Where: Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium/Horace Jones Field, 1500 Greenland Dr, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Stadium Policies: Clear Bag/stadium seat/cushion policy,

Television:
ESPN3, Jake Rose, Alex Myers, Kaitlyn Runion

Watch online: ESPN3

Radio:
Chip Walters (pxp), 29th Year; Wes Counts (analyst), 4th Year; Wayne Groce (spotter), 39th Year, WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5/97.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius XM TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: Audio,

Live Stats: live stats

Newspapers:

Message Boards:
tsutigerfans.com, ,

Blogs/Podcasts: ,

Athletic site:
tsutigers.com, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides:
, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: , , , Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #99),

Game Notes:
TSU Game Notes, MT GAME NOTES, C-USA NOTES

Roster: Tigers, Blue Raiders

Depth Chart:
tsu - page 13 game notes,

Game Previews:
Tigers to Face Middle Tennessee for First Time in 21 Years, ,Looking ahead to MT and TSU, MT turns attention to high-octane TSU,

Twitter:
@TSU_Tigers, @tsu_football, , , , @MikeOrganWriter, , , , , , ,

Hashtags:
#BigBlueRising, #ClawsUp, , #MTvsTSU,

Facebook:
Tennessee State University Tigers

Youtube:
TNStateTigers,

Instagram:
tsutigers,

Last edited:
Whoa. 3 pct for TSU seems very low.

yep.

I scanned their roster and it looks like they have at least a dozen transfers who started their careers elsewhere. I saw Kansas, Louisville, Purdue, and Alabama transfers among those dozen...

Whoa. 3 pct for TSU seems very low.

Agreed, in reality they should have around 15-20% chance to win.

Hoping we pound them into oblivion with our ground game. O'Hara, Dobson, McDonald, Mobley all running wild. This game needs to be a coming out party for our new look offensive line.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Where is Fanin on the OL and Ferguson on the DL?

Fannin is a blocking TE now. And got smoked @ Michigan when they brought him in.

Jordan Ferguson was a very promising player. He better still be around

Fannin is a blocking TE now. And got smoked @ Michigan when they brought him in.

Jordan Ferguson was a very promising player. He better still be around
Kinda odd to move a senior starter to a seldom used role.

Kinda odd to move a senior starter to a seldom used role.

He's used quite a bit in blocking packages - I think we'll see some gadget plays with him later in the season because he just looks like another OL

I saw Ferguson on the sidelines in street clothes during the Michigan game.

What amazes me is how Dobson isn't a starter some freaking where. He should get a minimum of 14 to 15 touches a game.

I also missed that Desmond Anderson was moved to corner.

Dobson is the starter. He was held out of the first half of the Michigan game due to a targeting play in the 2nd half of the bowl game. He'll be back in the offense full time this week.

I saw Ferguson on the sidelines in street clothes during the Michigan game.
I was listening on the radio and kept wondering why I wasn't hearing his name being called. Hope he is back soon!

goblueraiders.com:

GAMEDAY TIMELINE

Sept. 7 - MT vs TSU (Postgame Fireworks)

All bags will be checked prior to stadium entrance. Clear bags 12" x 6" x 12" inches and smallerwill be allowed into the stadium. There will also be separate lines for those without bags.

Time Event
NOON Ticket Office Opens
The main ticket office is located at Gate 1 and will be open at 8 a.m. to facilitate fans wishing to purchase tickets the day of the game.

1:30 PM The Grove Opens
Located near Floyd Stadium and Raider Walk, the Grove provides an atmosphere for tailgating and pre-game celebrations.
Tailgating Guidelines

3:45 PM Raider Walk
Raider Walk began in 2000, which features the team walking through Walnut Grove two hours prior to kickoff. The walk allows fans, cheerleaders and members of the Band of Blue to wish the Blue Raiders luck in their upcoming game. Look for the blue lightning bolts on the sidewalk to know where the players and coaches will walk.

4 PM Lightning's Locker Room Opens
Stop by Lightning’s Locker Room at Gate 2 of Floyd Stadium to pick up your Middle Tennessee gear.

4 PM Blue Raider Beer Garden Opens
Visit the all new Blue Raider Beer Garden inside Floyd Stadium to continue your pre-game tailgate. Enter from the center gate on Faulkinberry Drive.

4:30 PM Floyd Stadium Gates Open

4:30 PM Field Available for Teams

6:05 PM KICKOFF

POSTGAME Fireworks

Dobson is the starter. He was held out of the first half of the Michigan game due to a targeting play in the 2nd half of the bowl game. He'll be back in the offense full time this week.

According to the current depth chart he isn’t.

According to the current depth chart he isn’t.

He's gonna touch the ball as if he is. He was held out of the first half due to the NCAA rule for targeting in the bowl game. He will play in the entire game this week.

He's gonna touch the ball as if he is. He was held out of the first half due to the NCAA rule for targeting in the bowl game. He will play in the entire game this week.

Well aware. My point is he isn't listed #1 anywhere on the depth chart. Which means he's not getting 15 touches. And he should min every game. He's that good and fast.

Well aware. My point is he isn't listed #1 anywhere on the depth chart. Which means he's not getting 15 touches. And he should min every game. He's that good and fast.
I think he's the weapon they don't want the opposition figuring out. You don't when he's coming into the game and I think they want it that way. I agree with you but he will get the ball more as the season progresses.

Tennessean:

Tn State football has not backed down against FBS opponents

excerpt:

...Two of Tennessee State's best performances over the past two seasons have come against FBS opponents.

The Tigers (1-0) will try to continue that trend at 6 p.m. Saturday when they visit Middle Tennessee State (0-1). It will be the first meeting between the rivals since 1998 when both schools were on the FCS level (then Division I-AA).

TSU experienced many ups and downs over the past two years, going 6-5 in 2017 and 4-5 in 2018.

The highlight of 2017 was a 17-10 win at FBS opponent Georgia State. And even though they lost 31-27, the Tigers' performance against Vanderbilt in 2018 was an eye-opener......

Here's the thing: TSU is an average at best FCS team. They have been for a long time. And they have been getting D1 transfers for a long time too. I just dont see how we lose this game. I am not worried about this game. I was honestly more worried about the UT Martin game last year. I say we win this by at least 30 points

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT