ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (0-1) vs Tennessee State (1-0), ESPN3, 6PM, Saturday, September 7, 2019

MT is a 28 point favorite where I book.

I took half of my Michigan winnings and placed them on Tn St.

That's too many points. If MT wins by more than 4 TD's, kudos to them

Reactions: SpaceRaider
We are doing everything you need to do to lose to an FCS team as a 28 point favorite. There must be a lot of people in the stands.

Great work guys. Heaven forbid we ever blow out a 4 touchdown dog in a season opener.......

Any particular reason we are not using our stable of RB's + running QB?

Naw....Let's just try to throw it down the field even though that is clearly our weakest part of our offense right now. Let's also play cover 0 when we have them backed up on the 3 yard line.....

WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS COACHING STAFF?

ACTUALLY DESERVE TO LOSE WITH THIS KIND OF GAME PLAN

Reactions: Blue_H
Maybe O'Hara has an injury that prevents him from handing the ball off. Why else would we just refuse to even attempt to run the ball?

We are doing everything you need to do to lose to an FCS team as a 28 point favorite. There must be a lot of people in the stands.

Great work guys. Heaven forbid we ever blow out a 4 touchdown dog in a season opener.......

I’m sitting right below the Jumbotron. Watched that first TSU touchdown develop and Blankenship just flat whiffed.

We can’t even shoot a t-shirt from the air gun. They all unfold right after they go airborne and don’t even clear the bench.
Go Middle.

So are we all chipping in on a moving truck or am I buying it?

If this team cannot find a way to win this game, I will never lay eyes on this football team/program until Stockstill is replaced.

Boneheaded play on 4th down after we block the kick and were getting the ball back.

Now Render is down with what looks to be a serious injury.

TN St. still leads 6-3, threatening to make it a 2 score game before half time.

I don't think I could have scripted this game to go any worse.

Nice TD pass. Maybe that was the spark the offense needed. Now maybe if we decide to try getting a running game going......

Havn't seen a vertical passing game in a long time. TSU is either slow as a turtle, or Chisolm might actually give us some deep threat.

My stats are showing we've only handed the ball off to running backs 6 times with 3:48 left in the 3rd quarter.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Big crowd, the return of the Blue Zoo, new family fun zone, new game day roll outs.......we've got all the makings of a classic MT bed crapping. I'm getting nervous. Better get a change of sheets ready.

Reactions: MTsumner92
My stats are showing we've only handed the ball off to running backs 6 times with 3:48 left in the 3rd quarter.

TSU's defensive backs are terrible. Pretty clear the staff felt like we could throw the ball on them at will but it is surprising the actual low number of run plays.

Scott Shafer's playcalling is really, really questionable sometimes. I don't understand why we are so aggressive against a team that we clearly could play safe against and be successful. Those A gap blitzes are just silly on expected run downs.

I can live with Franklin's pass happy game plan for this TSU game but I really don't understand why Shafer is so aggressive against such an inferior opponent.

TSU is a very good team. Rowland is legit FBS talent. If we can win it, it's a good win.

No, they're not. TSU is garbage and will be lucky to win 6 games this year. They're a middle of the pack OVC team with a couple of good players...that does not make them a good team.

This is a pathetic performance and regardless of the outcome this team has a long, LONG ways to go if they plan on reaching the all-important "bowl eligibility" mark.

Low and behold we hand the ball off to our talented RB and we start picking up chunks of yards.

Ok. Offense continues to carry the torch.

This defense better F'ing step up and stop somebody. This is ridiculous. Our defense was supposed to be a strong suit for our team this year....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT