ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (0-1) vs Tennessee State (1-0), ESPN3, 6PM, Saturday, September 7, 2019

No way they should play it at Hale. It’s a sh*thole. They only play two home games a year at Nissan Stadium per their athletics website. I’m not driving around Jefferson St. at night.

well they are supposed to be building a new stadium on the river that will hold about 24k.

There's not one FBS school that plays fcs home and home that I know of and I can't think of one that even plays an fcs team at a neutral site. If they want to play Middle Tennessee so bad. They come to Murfreesboro. Or they make a move to FBS first and then let them discuss home and home.

I can't tell if Massaro is just making politically correct noises or is serious. If he's serious, he's admitting he's failed to grow this program and preparing for a return to the ovc, and the past twenty four or so years have been for nothing, and if that's the case there needs to be a housecleaning there in Murphy Center.

There's not one FBS school that plays fcs home and home that I know of and I can't think of one that even plays an fcs team at a neutral site. If they want to play Middle Tennessee so bad. They come to Murfreesboro. Or they make a move to FBS first and then let them discuss home and home.

I can't tell if Massaro is just making politically correct noises or is serious. If he's serious, he's admitting he's failed to grow this program and preparing for a return to the ovc, and the past twenty four or so years have been for nothing, and if that's the case there needs to be a housecleaning there in Murphy Center.

i agree, there are some rumors of the bigger HBCU'S may try to move up together to FBS. That would be the SwAC minus Miss Valley and Famu, SC St and NC A&T making one conference

Really enjoyed the atmosphere Saturday night. My little one loved the bounce houses. Looked like the Beer Garden was a hit as well. Felt good having 21k in that stadium with most engaged in the game. The only complaint from my crew was regarding the PA announcer. Seriously, Tolbert needs to go. Thank you for your dedication to the program, but need someone behind the mic with a little life.

I thought the crowd was maybe 60/40 us, could have been closer to 50/50, but regardless, kudos to the TSU fans for showing up. Not a stretch to say they bought more tickets than Memphis or Vandy, IMO. Also, love TSU bringing their band. That is how a halftime should be. Fun night all around for my crew. Those that left early missed a fun 2nd half.

While I do not think we should play TSU at The Hole, I love the idea of a 2 for 1 against them, with their 1 being at Nissan. Why not? 2 more home games against TSU all but guarantees 2 more home games with 20k plus.

Last edited:
What amazes me is how Dobson isn't a starter some freaking where. He should get a minimum of 14 to 15 touches a game.

I also missed that Desmond Anderson was moved to corner.

Just want to revisit this briefly. Dobson caught two passes. No rushing attempts. Two touches no bueno IMO. In his limited time, he's averaging 13.8 yards per touch. Why is he not on the field more??

Again, just one man's opinion but we don't have enough pre-scripted plays to get the ball to our best receiver Ty Lee, and the most electric athlete we have on the team doesn't get enough touches. It confounds me.

I feel like these two things would immensely enhance the offense and make everything else harder to defend too.

I was looking for Ty Lee in the cusa stats for receivers and IMO, he should be in the top two or three for receptions instead of lingering around #10.

Dobson is so dynamic. I am puzzled why they aren't utilizing him more.

Reactions: Hop45
I was looking for Ty Lee in the cusa stats for receivers and IMO, he should be in the top two or three for receptions instead of lingering around #10.

Dobson is so dynamic. I am puzzled why they aren't utilizing him more.

Agree with Dobson being dynamic (He did miss the 1st half at M), I see Lee as a possession WR. Right now, O'Hare is completing 71% so while he may not be passing to these two as much he is hitting open players....so, not sure if there is really a problem.

Agree with Dobson being dynamic (He did miss the 1st half at M), I see Lee as a possession WR. Right now, O'Hare is completing 71% so while he may not be passing to these two as much he is hitting open players....so, not sure if there is really a problem.

Just adding that 14 different guys have caught passes this year; that's pretty amazing.

Just want to revisit this briefly. Dobson caught two passes. No rushing attempts. Two touches no bueno IMO. In his limited time, he's averaging 13.8 yards per touch. Why is he not on the field more??

I honestly think they are saving him for conference play. Franklin is definitely holding back. We went off on TSU just because their D got worn out and big chunk yardage opened up later in the game. However, I think we will open the playbook more down the stretch in terms of getting the ball to playmakers. Especially in conference play. What is scary is that Chissolm is every bit as fast as Dobson. We have some nice team speed now. Like really nice.

Is it a bad thing we do not have to throw it to Lee as much as in previous years? I happen to think it is a positive we have that much talent we can spread the ball around and the defense cannot just hone in on one guy. As long as O'Hara is completing 71% of his passes I am not going to question who he is throwing it to. I did have the thought that we are not hearing Lee's name as much as we should though.

Is it a bad thing we do not have to throw it to Lee as much as in previous years? I happen to think it is a positive we have that much talent we can spread the ball around and the defense cannot just hone in on one guy. As long as O'Hara is completing 71% of his passes I am not going to question who he is throwing it to. I did have the thought that we are not hearing Lee's name as much as we should though.

I agree. We are becoming like the 2007 Troy team when Franklin was there. They averaged throwing to at least 12 receivers per game and the QB was mobile. Stock thinks this WR corps is the best he's had in years. There is a reason for that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT