ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL James done for year

This season is over. It would be flat out stupid for Lil Stock to play again. No reason to risk his health.

excerpt:

“It’s just been one of those years,” Stockstill said. “Everyone’s been hurt.

“I keep going back to the Syracuse game. We scored 30 points and (probably could have scored at least 40) against a team that beat Clemson, that almost beat Miami. That was the last time we were healthy. Our line was healthy, our quarterback was healthy, our receivers were healthy. That’s the frustrating part. Then you lose (starting quarterback Brent Stockstill), then you lose Richie, then you lose (right guard Chandler Brewer), then you lose (Tucker) for a couple of games and you lose (receiver) Pat Smith for a game. It’s just been a very frustrating year.”

I get the injury part, but damn Stock, we aren’t complaining about just one year. I hope the staff is recruiting their tails off to correct the REAL issues which have been so eloquently discussed by Wylie on the call-in after the Marshall game. Everybody has injury problems, but the coaches who actually coach up their reserves and keep things rolling are the real successful ones. It is what it is.

I get it but very few teams loses the best QB in their history along with the best WR in their history while still having a chance at a postseason. I know no one cares but that would still be pretty incredible considering all of the adversity we've faced.

I get it but very few teams loses the best QB in their history along with the best WR in their history while still having a chance at a postseason. I know no one cares but that would still be pretty incredible considering all of the adversity we've faced.
Best college QB maybe, but I’m partial to Kelly Holcombe. And Jonathon Quinn.

Best college QB maybe, but I’m partial to Kelly Holcombe. And Jonathon Quinn.
Quinn had a bazooka for an arm. Does anyone remember the QB who transferred here in the late '80s/early 90's from UT? I can't remember his name, but he was also fun to watch.

Funny thing about that Syracuse game, all of those concerns and complaints from those early games have pretty much come to be true. If anything, MT was fortunate Ty Lee wasn't injured and in the same situation as the others.

It was so obvious that coach stock & coach franklin were getting key players banged up and hurt by running them up the middle into the teeth of stout defenses. The big problem is they are players who do not have the frames and bodies designed for repeated runs up the middle. It was really obvious that some of the newer and/or lower on depth chart RBs needed to be getting playing experience while toting the rock between the tackles.

As much as I hate to sort of come across as the hardcase as I know injuries do happen in football, it was just asking for injuries in those first few games of the season. While the injuries may not entirely be coach stock's fault, he appeared to be inviting the situation in which MT football now finds itself at this point in the season.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Yup, I would never run my QB up the middle after he had just had shoulder and collarbone surgery less than 6 months prior. However, that was a total cheap shot what that DT did to Brent.

Yup, I would never run my QB up the middle after he had just had shoulder and collarbone surgery less than 6 months prior. However, that was a total cheap shot what that DT did to Brent.

Let me say this, they are FB players. Injury's can happen anywhere and at anytime. Brent's injury had nothing to do with play calling. James injury against Marshall happened in a FB move that he has done a thousand times.

Just an example, last night I was helping a friend unload a moving truck into a storage unit, I stepped wrong on an elevated concrete pad (maybe 1" high) and it caused me to roll my ankle and I hit the deck...I am in great shape and work out daily, now I have a sprained ankle that could have been a break or worse.

Actually, Brent ran up the middle and then the DT jumped on him. If you don't run him up the middle, he's not there to get jumped on. Same with Richie at Minny. They ran him up the middle and he gets a high ankle sprain.

Yes, you can't predict injuries but you don't run a QB who has had a collarbone injury before up the middle. You just don't. Unless you want to see him get hurt.

If I recall correctly, there was no flag either. One of the main points, the QB gives up most of the QB protections from the refs when he runs up the middle. If Brent had been scrambling for his life just out of the pocket with that DL did that, I imagine a flag would have been thrown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT