ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS Growing Donor Support Leads to Record Fundraising Year for 2022-23

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
fwiw:

It would be interesting to see what led to the increase in donations. What are they doing now that wasn't done in the past. My hunch is Lee and Hans have had a lot to do with the increase.
Good news all around.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
It would be interesting to see what led to the increase in donations. What are they doing now that wasn't done in the past. My hunch is Lee and Hans have had a lot to do with the increase.
Good news all around.
Is that for the academics, athletics, or both?

This has to be academics because I really think MT is doing OK there.

No way I could part with any money to athletics. That’s a hard sell at this time.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Good news all around.
There is a lot of local alumni driving donations as well. If you look at the build blue campaign you'll see individuals that have their own little campaign going and some have brought in over $1 million all on their own.

Crazy to see Meagan Flippin as a top campaign driver. I remember her from around my time in school, she was always very involved with Greek Life. I see she has stuck around and stays involved with MT. MT is lucky to have her.

Somehow, reading this, I felt like reading about the sun rising in the east. Not that money is not coming in, but I wonder how this compares to our in state and regional peers? In a year or two, someone will link or post an article about endowments and wondering where all the money went.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
I'm sure back to back bowl wins and an uptick in Bball helped this, but the massive growth of the Boro is probably the biggest driver, which that train aint slowin down so maybe brighter days are ahead here?

All of those things you have listed are helping.

If there's ever a time to win and dominate, that time is now. If we could win some championships this year and maybe next it would go a long way to remedying some of the past failures. Championships and these facilities could be just what the Dr. ordered for conference expansion. Much easier said than done though. Stockstill track record is not good. And neither is McDevitt's if we are being honest.

Hugh crowd tonight at the BRAA celebration at the Smyrna airport, a major gift of 3 million dollars was announced toward the Build Blue campaign by SRM of Smyrna. One of the largest gift ever toward Blue Raiders sports! Our new team at the BRAA are killing it right now.

Hugh crowd tonight at the BRAA celebration at the Smyrna airport, a major gift of 3 million dollars was announced toward the Build Blue campaign by SRM of Smyrna. One of the largest gift ever toward Blue Raiders sports! Our new team at the BRAA are killing it right now.
Nice! Is this the announcement that Lee was referring to?

With all this positivity, how we are still saddled with absolute deadweight with Stockstill is just unbelievable.

Imagine if we had a high energy, driven to be the best guy who was here to win championships and had a personality.
👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

Reactions: ldeleon5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT