ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL FCS Indiana State added to 2020 schedule

ISU isn’t too shabby of a program. This could be a close game or a loss especially if we get much worse over the next couple of years. They’re close though and should bring some fans.

4 money games would solve the coaching dilemma as well.

Reminds me of that great classic movie Office Space. The corporate consultants on the weird guy who was already supposed to be laid off, my paraphrase of course:

Consultants: We fixed the glitch with accounting, so he will no longer be getting paid.

Office Supv: Shouldn't somebody tell him?

Consultants: No, when you just stop paying somebody, these things have a way of working themselves out.

Beyond it being hilarious, I think he was looking for the stapler when he found the huge cashier's check. It is implied he set the fire to cover up the money he was taking.

If there were any little true-isms in the good humor is that you may not have to fire a head coach if you require him to play 4 $EC games out of conf each season. Many a head coach would likely up and quit after a couple of seasons of that.

Beyond it being hilarious, I think he was looking for the stapler when he found the huge cashier's check. It is implied he set the fire to cover up the money he was taking.

If there were any little true-isms in the good humor is that you may not have to fire a head coach if you require him to play 4 $EC games out of conf each season. Many a head coach would likely up and quit after a couple of seasons of that.

If we had to play 4 P5 teams each year then 6 wins and bowl eligibility might mean something...we are playing everything safe and way to conservative...it fits with the name of our school. Freaking "Middle". I wish we could change the name and get rid of "Middle". Its become a self induced prophecy.

In fairness to our AD, we got away from playing multiple money games a few years back and we didn't necessarily win more games. There was also a time with Boots that he said we'd never get any P5 teams to play in our stadium and yet they have and we have VT coming next year.

If we had to play 4 P5 teams each year then 6 wins and bowl eligibility might mean something...we are playing everything safe and way to conservative...it fits with the name of our school. Freaking "Middle". I wish we could change the name and get rid of "Middle". Its become a self induced prophecy.

In fairness to our AD, we got away from playing multiple money games a few years back and we didn't necessarily win more games. There was also a time with Boots that he said we'd never get any P5 teams to play in our stadium and yet they have and we have VT coming next year.
Duke is coming in nezt year and VT the year after, but maybe not after the ODU debacle.

I'm in total agreement and long frustrated by the univ name and brand. I get "Middle" as it relates to the three grand divisions of the state, but it makes for a pretty bad brand. Like it or not, Middle does suggest something mediocre as a brand.

When Massaro took over, he was helping in doing some good things in my opinion. Getting P5 type opponents to come to MT to play was well done by Massaro. Getting a more agreeable schedule for much success was reasonable in my opinion. Sadly, coach stock do not produce the proportionate level of wins for success based on that schedule. With such mediocrity, attendance substantially declined and here we are where understandably MT has to play money games again due to coach stock failing to produce success and boost attendance when conditions and circumstances were in his favor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT