ADVERTISEMENT

MT adds home/home series with 4 schools

Also, I guess I missed it, but I saw we added a home and home with Nevada in 2025/26 according to the same site

Those are solid additions. I also love the fact a FOIA request is how this came to light. Why were they withholding these?

This is what we should be scheduling. If we ever get good at football, then we can beat these teams, we can beat the rest of CUSA, and we can start making waves...er...ripples.
Bingo. Now for those years we already have two other G5 (or whatever they will be called), so now add a $ game and a regional/in-state FCS. Make for great schedules.

Reactions: ewglenn
It seems like the university took about 10 years of a ton of money games to put towards build blue (2 to 3 per year). Now that the money is there they are trying to make the schedules more fan friendly. It’s smart but those 10 years were pretty rough on the fan base from my vantage point.

The increase in revenue from CUSA probably helped with lowering our future need for money games. I did hear we’ve secured over 100 million for Build Blue. The only question I have with that is if that money is secured why wait for phase two and three? Anyone have insight on that?

bradley james no GIF

Reactions: BRaiderDave
It seems like the university took about 10 years of a ton of money games to put towards build blue (2 to 3 per year). Now that the money is there they are trying to make the schedules more fan friendly. It’s smart but those 10 years were pretty rough on the fan base from my vantage point.

The increase in revenue from CUSA probably helped with lowering our future need for money games. I did hear we’ve secured over 100 million for Build Blue. The only question I have with that is if that money is secured why wait for phase two and three? Anyone have insight on that?
I’ve heard the same thing re: $100 million.

But I don’t believe they have final drawings on Phase 2 and then they need to bid it out. Plus, they’re about to enter the “busy season” for Murphy Center (and I’m pretty sure two projects of this magnitude at the same time in the area would be a logistical nightmare).

There is, however, a RFP for the hotel.

They can't do all of Phase2 till the SAPC is done anyway. The track can be removed and concourse fixed but the new basketball office and locker rooms can't be done yet. Combine that with the fact basketball season is starting, it makes sense why they are holding off.

My worry is with them making the IPF last they will scrap it. I mean high schools have them. It screams little to have your pro day at Oakland.

They can't do all of Phase2 till the SAPC is done anyway. The track can be removed and concourse fixed but the new basketball office and locker rooms can't be done yet. Combine that with the fact basketball season is starting, it makes sense why they are holding off.

My worry is with them making the IPF last they will scrap it. I mean high schools have them. It screams little to have your pro day at Oakland.
If they have all the money, fast track the IPF and then start the Murph reno after B-Ball season ends. I'm not in construction or anything, so I could be missing something.

If they have the money, do it now. Inflation is going to eat it away just sitting on it for three or four years.
Exactly...

Go ahead and start Phase 2 where you can, I understand the office aspect, but work where you can. Its going to be an interruption either way, right? I mean, not like it will be done between seasons, but again, I'm not in construction. The inconveniences are a small price to pay to get it done asap. JMO

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I guess the sentiment is why wasn’t there a release through MT regarding these very solid schedule adds vs fbsschedules.com with a FOIA? I only saw the link because chrome recommended it
That was my point. These were additions the fans are excited about. Why sit on them?

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
That was my point. These were additions the fans are excited about. Why sit on them?

Remember the effort to see Stock’s contract?

Massaro’s athletic department sucks at PR. I have never determined if it’s stupidity or just willful disregard for fans. They completely out of touch with the few fans that have yet to run off. I’m sure they will make an excuse why it wasn’t announced (if pressed).

Some P5 ADs literally set home and home series over Twitter or X or whatever you want to call it. Chris Massaro needs a FOIA.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
We don't actually "sit" on them. We coordinate with the school and usually do simultaneous press releases. The other school may not want it out just yet.
Thanks for the insight! Either way, great to see these teams on the schedule. They're the ones folks wanna see (if we don't get P5s at home)!

Reactions: ldeleon5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT