ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL ESPN 2023 FPI is out

MidTennMtneer

All American
Nov 13, 2013
We are predicted 4th in conference with 5.7-6.7 wins, a 76.7% chance to be bowl eligible, and 13.8% to win conference. Guess the computer knows our standard 5 to 7 wins.

Alabama
Mizzou
Murray St
CSU
WKU
JSU
LaT
LU
NMSU
FIU
UTEP
SHSU

Not all the newbies...Liberty is 15 spots above us.
As they should be from the past few years performance and I don't think they will miss a beat with Chadwell. By newbies I meant FCS jumps.

Apparently I'm falling in to the trap on here I do with my wife assuming everyone thinks like I do and can read my mind. 🙂

Reactions: ewglenn
Wow. Boomer going bold. Kill had NMSU bowling last year but I think 2nd in conference is a bit much. Probably ranking them due to their very weak schedule (Liberty is probably their 2nd hardest game). They will be bowling again. SHSU though, their first three games are BYU, Air Force, and Houston with their bye before Houston. They will be worn down by the time heavy conference play hits.

I'm predicting Liberty/WKU for champ. Then MT/JSU/NMSU (throw a dart for the order) and same for last four of FIU/UTEP/SHSU/LaT (any order)

I do think at least 6 teams will be bowl eligible, including one of the jumps but no spot taken as neither JSU nor SHSU are eligible to play in a bowl.

Yeah, NMSU at 2nd is silly. We won our bowl game too. Liberty now has Coastal's coach with Coastal transfers. I see Liberty winning it all. Us or WKU takes 2nd.
That’s how I see it too. However, Liberty has like their entire team in the portal right now. I think Liberty is one, WKU at two, us and NMSU 3 and 4. Then who knows.

So the computer thinks another bowl game and another year added to the Stocktract.
I think...key word think...the contract extensions are over.

A champ should be the goal, and standard, at this point. But with knowing what Stock is capable of, I think anything less than a bowl WIN will be a failure of a season. I say that including a somehow 10-2 season with a bowl loss. We've won 2 in a row and are now in a revamped conference. Zero excuse.

However, I also think there is zero excuse to not win a Champ, except I just don't think Stock can do it.

So, we finish middle of the pack in beefed up CUSA.

Then, CUSA pops like a balloon, we pick up a bunch of rejects and FCS call ups just to keep the lights turned on.....and we're still middle of the pack.

There's no reason we can't win this conference every 3-4 years and there's no excuse for finishing outside of the top 3.

oh, there will be excuses

1. injuries
2. injuries
3. facilities

Then, CUSA pops like a balloon, we pick up a bunch of rejects and FCS call ups just to keep the lights turned on.....and we're still middle of the pack.

There's no reason we can't win this conference every 3-4 years and there's no excuse for finishing outside of the top 3.

weak-@ss leadership across the board. No matter the organization, weak-@ss leadership is the curse and invites anger and apathy among its members.

We should prepare ourselves for another 6-6 or 7-5 season. With the 12 team playoff bracket coming into play in '24, MT will try to make its last grab at the lower level bowl game hardware this winter. That's what has made Rick his career because that's all that has been asked of him.

Nope, they were reinstituted and lowered from seven wins to six
You are right. I forgot about the mess last fall Austin found. (Shows how sad it is that I already forgot)

It started for 2019 season through 2028 initially. New contract is extension for 50% of games or 6 conf wins.
So...

2019 = 4-8 (3-5) no extension
2020 = 3-6 (2-4) no extension
2021 = 7-6 (4-4) extension
2022 = 8-5 (4-4) extension

So if I'm figuring it right, he now expires after 2030 season.

• Wow
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
You are right. I forgot about the mess last fall Austin found. (Shows how sad it is that I already forgot)

It started for 2019 season through 2028 initially. New contract is extension for 50% of games or 6 conf wins.
So...

2019 = 4-8 (3-5) no extension
2020 = 3-6 (2-4) no extension
2021 = 7-6 (4-4) extension
2022 = 8-5 (4-4) extension

So if I'm figuring it right, he now expires after 2030 season.
He'll be here as long as he wants to earn W-2 income.

• Sad
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
He'll be here as long as he wants to earn W-2 income.
Murphy won 155 (.686) games, Boots 133 (.621).
Murphy got an arena named after him and Boots has a statue. Stock is shooting for something along those lines I guess. Aiming for most wins. Currently 109 (.514). He stays till 2030 avg 6 wins a year he will have it.

Murphy won 155 (.686) games, Boots 133 (.621).
Murphy got an arena named after him and Boots has a statue. Stock is shooting for something along those lines I guess. Aiming for most wins. Currently 109 (.514). He stays till 2030 avg 6 wins a year he will have it.
But Murphy and Donnelly have something that Stockstill will never have. Conference ChampionshipS.

When 7-wood retires, things will change. Will it change for the better or worse?

Rick's currently 65. 75 sounds like a decent retirement age. So, come on 2033! Hope I'm still around.

Reactions: ewglenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT