ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone out there help me feel better about sports next year?

Whatever you think about Stock, facilities needed to be upgraded 10-15 years ago. It didn't happen. And not for lack of trying.

Like Stock. Hate Stock. He's been hamstrung by poor facilities. And that does affect recruiting.

Could he be more aggressive? Yes.

Should he make some staff changes? Yes.

Is the scheduling hurting him? Yes.

Has he made some bone-headed comments / decisions? Absolutely.

But MT has to upgrade facilities. If not for Stockstill, then do it for the next guy.

Will the Murphy Center interior be the last phase to facility upgrades? Didn't know if we have an ETA as to when that or the IPF will begin construction. Of all the facilities work those are the 2 that interest me most.

Will the Murphy Center interior be the last phase to facility upgrades? Didn't know if we have an ETA as to when that or the IPF will begin construction. Of all the facilities work those are the 2 that interest me most.
I think

Phase 1 : SAPC / Endzone facility : This will allow the football team to move out of MC and into SAPC.
Phase 2 : Murphy Center renovations. I'm assuming (based on pictures) that the "bowl" / arena will be renovated & athletic offices will expanded / renovated (speculation). I don't imagine they'll leave the old football offices in MC vacant.
Phase 3 : IPF

Reactions: MTFAN61 and ewglenn
I think

Phase 1 : SAPC / Endzone facility : This will allow the football team to move out of MC and into SAPC.
Phase 2 : Murphy Center renovations. I'm assuming (based on pictures) that the "bowl" / arena will be renovated & athletic offices will expanded / renovated (speculation). I don't imagine they'll leave the old football offices in MC vacant.
Phase 3 : IPF
Phase two is working on funding right now. If I recall correctly that was supposed to be roughly 20 million. The IPF is the last phase and will be 15 million. I am wondering what they will do with the indoor track in Murphy. Is that still being used? I know the plan is to have a track in the IPF so I’d imagine they are doing away with it during phase 2.

Reactions: MTFAN61
Phase two is working on funding right now. If I recall correctly that was supposed to be roughly 20 million. The IPF is the last phase and will be 15 million. I am wondering what they will do with the indoor track in Murphy. Is that still being used? I know the plan is to have a track in the IPF so I’d imagine they are doing away with it during phase 2.
Though its been some time, from what I remember reading I believe you're right. Unless there has been an alteration the original plan was to do away with the track around the Murphy concourse.

I’m saying their below average facility is still light years ahead of what we have. Have you been in our facilities besides the football stadium?
I worked in the MT athletic department for several years, and I know what we have. I've been all over the country. I've also worked in professional sports. While that time period is fairly dated, I do know what we have, and can concede that Coastal's one facility (emphasis on one) is newer than what we have but to say they are light years ahead of us is not accurate. That facility was added only about 10 years after MT's facility enhancements, which at the time were some of the best outside of a non-power conference. Also, MT's lockeroom/clubhouse has also been renovated since then. So, Rick Stockstill had the benefit of decent to good facilities for at least the first half of his tenure here before a lot of other schools improved their own physical infrastructure. But how many championships did he win?

Moreover, the circumstances of college athletics have changed. What's more important than shiny trinkets is direct cash (aka NIL). What NIL has done is basically negate any benefit non power schools previously had via scholarship caps. It doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to improve, but we haven't really done much to improve anywhere in anyway. Just status quo.

All that said, my point here is that I'm not just spewing fan speak here. I kind of know what I'm talking about. So, we get this new stuff do you think that's suddenly going to translate to so much better talent he finally wins a championship or gets us ranked? It's pretty preposterous on its own merit. I mean if we all want to be honest here.

I'm not saying that MT doesn't need upgrades. But it's not just in brick in mortar where those upgrades are going to be needed. And I reject any notion that facilities are the reason why MT hasn't won a conference title in your lifetime. Facilities can help growth and maintaining momentum. There hasn't really been any momentum to speak of dating back to 2009 and we followed that up with eight wins in two years combined. That wasn't the facility's fault. Had they followed through with just some success facilities might have already been built by now. So, facilities are about growing a program not the reason why it succeeds and wins a little in the first place. I hope that point makes sense.

I am wondering what they will do with the indoor track in Murphy. Is that still being used? I know the plan is to have a track in the IPF
Is it? I've been wondering about it, ever since the 'rendering' of the IPF came out and there was no track around the field.

Was that just a poor rendering? Or is it something else?

Reactions: Hop45
Rick Stockstill had the benefit of decent to good facilities for at least the first half of his tenure here before a lot of other schools improved their own physical infrastructure. But how many championships did he win?
While I'm happy about the prospect of new and renovated/improved athletic facilities, I agree that doesn't solve the problems that permeate football. A new facility did nothing to improve the baseball program. A new stadium could not overcome poor coaching, poor hires along the way, and poor leadership.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Having seen the infrastructure of the rest of the campus with my incoming son, MT shines bright.

I just think we have the wrong people in place to propel our athletic program at this time. We need fresh new energetic blood.

Having seen the infrastructure of the rest of the campus with my incoming son, MT shines bright.

I just think we have the wrong people in place to propel our athletic program at this time. We need fresh new energetic blood.

Agree 100%. I spent the last 3 weeks working in Murfreesboro and drove through and around campus about a dozen times, and we've got a good thing going at MT.

It's a shame and a little baffling that a school that's done so well in just about every other respect has simultaneously let the rot set in in the athletic department.

IMHO, I would love to be a fly on the wall to see what McPhee and Massaro really think of Stockstill. It's very possible that him and his agent just screwed them over so badly that they simply can't get out of the contract, even if they wanted to - all you can do is put on a brave face and make the best of it. Or maybe the 3 cronies are all in it together. Who knows.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
I worked in the MT athletic department for several years, and I know what we have. I've been all over the country. I've also worked in professional sports. While that time period is fairly dated, I do know what we have, and can concede that Coastal's one facility (emphasis on one) is newer than what we have but to say they are light years ahead of us is not accurate. That facility was added only about 10 years after MT's facility enhancements, which at the time were some of the best outside of a non-power conference. Also, MT's lockeroom/clubhouse has also been renovated since then. So, Rick Stockstill had the benefit of decent to good facilities for at least the first half of his tenure here before a lot of other schools improved their own physical infrastructure. But how many championships did he win?

Moreover, the circumstances of college athletics have changed. What's more important than shiny trinkets is direct cash (aka NIL). What NIL has done is basically negate any benefit non power schools previously had via scholarship caps. It doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to improve, but we haven't really done much to improve anywhere in anyway. Just status quo.

All that said, my point here is that I'm not just spewing fan speak here. I kind of know what I'm talking about. So, we get this new stuff do you think that's suddenly going to translate to so much better talent he finally wins a championship or gets us ranked? It's pretty preposterous on its own merit. I mean if we all want to be honest here.

I'm not saying that MT doesn't need upgrades. But it's not just in brick in mortar where those upgrades are going to be needed. And I reject any notion that facilities are the reason why MT hasn't won a conference title in your lifetime. Facilities can help growth and maintaining momentum. There hasn't really been any momentum to speak of dating back to 2009 and we followed that up with eight wins in two years combined. That wasn't the facility's fault. Had they followed through with just some success facilities might have already been built by now. So, facilities are about growing a program not the reason why it succeeds and wins a little in the first place. I hope that point makes sense.
That’s a fair point. I am in no way saying that facilities are going to fix our issues. They are not. However, they are really far behind and for kids that have G5 offers with very little NIL money, the nicer facilities do make an impact.

It’s also something that desperately needs to be done to increase our coaching candidate pool (whenever Rick hangs it up). I have been in construction for quite a while and understand where we stand nationally. Good luck luring a quality coach here if there isn’t infrastructure in place. I started my career in sales and if you expect talent to come you need to make it easier for them to succeed. I wouldn’t take this job if I was offered it compared to other G5 positions. The only way I would take it is if it was a lot more money (spoiler; it’s not).

We could have easily added an IPF 15 years ago. A nice pole barn structure would have sufficed. A student center could have been built for a lot less than 60 million 7-10 years ago. Now they want to build this unrealistic overpriced structure which is nice but the IPF and nicer student facilities need to be built at the same time. We had a chance to add small pieces over time in a much more economic friendly time.

What we are all saying is that the poor management we have has put us here. None of us are gonna fix anything which is why I'm just watching the team when I can and enoying any victory.

Reactions: ewglenn and MTFAN61
How much longer do we have to deal with Sidney McMediocre. Except for a few that look through blue colored glasses, his lack of ability to get the alumni motivated to get backing over the last 20 years is the 5 ton elephant in the room and the MT tit sucking board, created by McMediocre, was designed to put a huge moat around himself. Were doomed until that dynamic changes imo. He has built our own doom loop and the only thing that could possibly change that is to get the Murfreesboro Mayor and the Governor involved. Mayor first and that takes alumni living there to start making that happen imo.

President McPhee is the complete & total opposite of the most progressive president Middle Tennessee ever had, Dr James Walker. Dr Walker had the philosophy that nothing helped to build & grow a successful university than a successful athletic department. That it was a keystone to enrollment growth & financial backing for all university aspects. The growth & good will MT was developing during his tenure was unprecedented. Personally I believe many highly influential people in the state did not like the positive growth we were experiencing under Walker. When he decided to move on the powers that be realized to effectively control MT's growth a more manageable yes man was needed here. Dr McPhee is truly an academician. Athletics are an after thought to him. Those in control are very happy. As long as he continues fulfilling his role as a highly esteemed & academically influenced university president Dr McPhee isn't going anywhere. It was only when he was confronted by his own lack of interest in athletics that he grudgingly acknowledged MT had fallen behind in its development under his direction. As late as the facility upgrades were, it's enough to keep the wolves at bay for the current president.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
Some of you guys are depressing. You try to suck the life out of the few die hards we have. Acceptance is important and understanding what we’re up against is as well.

Not my intent to discourage others. But I'm not going to hold back on how I really feel.

I have tried to be positive with Stockstill and the hand we've been dealt. I've tried multiple times over the years actually. I can't anymore. I just think there's too many factors going against MT, with the biggest being near-zero community support and just terrible people in administrative positions. Absolutely terrible. Unspeakably bad.

I agree with others that Stockstill is the least of our worries. He's done a respectable job considering the circumstances if you just look at the numbers (conference wins, graduation, players staying out of trouble). But you'll never build a G5 program with a coach that has no personality and inspires nobody outside of maybe his locker room and barely gets his teams bowl eligible each year. In fact, it's a good recipe to bleed a fan base dry through mediocrity. And that's exactly what has happened.

McPhee and the board is an absolute cancer to our athletics programs. They are so out of touch and sadly don't even realize. One of those things where you don't know what you don't know. They just view us as disgruntled internet guys who like to complain. But the reality is McPhee has done a terrible job managing our major athletics programs. He was such a fool to go on record and say "I now realize the importance of facilities" AFTER we get screwed out of re-alignment. Newsflash: I know for a fact our coaches and those close to the football program have been asking for new facilities since at least 2006. We were losing recruiting battles to Troy during that time because they had the nicest facilities in the conference. We went head-to-head with key recruits during those years and lost basically every time. Facilities were frequently cited, and I can personally attest to this because I talked to the recruits myself. Troy had a sweetheart deal with some movie company at the time who built them some really nice facilities for a Sun Belt program.

I'm rambling now, but the point I'm trying to make is, we've needed new facilities to compete with our peers for almost 2 decades now, and McPhee has known this the entire time. He didn't care. McPhee has ALWAYS wanted to do things on the cheap when it comes to athletics. And there's plenty of evidence to support this. Stockstill was given a golden parachute contract and basically guaranteed easy extensions for the rest of his life instead of just a standard pay increase and standard buy-out options. McDevitt was cheaper than Odom despite Odom being the better coach and candidate. Look at what Odom went on to do at Utah State and now has been hired by VCU, one of the top A10 programs. Odom would have been a homerun for us but McPhee, once again, took the cheap route.

McPhee had so much nerve to come out and publicly state that he now understands how important facilities are in the athletics world after we got screwed in conference realignment. Instead of having an opportunity to play football with some of the currently premier G5 football programs, we are instead relegated to playing with FCS move-up's and CUSA leftovers and a very uncertain future. Beyond that, with college football going pay to play and the way the landscape has changed, I actually think it's too late for MT anyway. We had our chance and missed the window because McPhee wanted to pinch pennies. Thanks Sidney.....

I'll never understand how these people remain in power. Obviously there's plenty of corruption and pandering at play here, because McPhee and his cronies certainly don't deserve to be leaders of MT based on their body of work. They have a body of failures.

And there's nothing any of us can individually do about it. Nobody cares enough about MT. All you can do is vote with your dollar.

Last edited:
Ryan Odom just signed an incredible 7 year $3.7 million annual contract with VCU. Doubt he will be jumping ship after 2 years like he did with Utah St. Just a few short years ago UMBC was paying him $425,000. It pays to win.

Ryan Odom just signed an incredible 7 year $3.7 million annual contract with VCU. Doubt he will be jumping ship after 2 years like he did with Utah St. Just a few short years ago UMBC was paying him $425,000. It pays to win.

This is the perfect example of our piss poor decision making and ineptitude. When Kermit left, many of you asked me somewhat hostilely who I would have hired instead of McDevitt. And my answer was this guy. And ironically enough he was already basically locked up. We had this guy agreeing to become the next head coach. The deal was set except for one small item related to how the team would travel. Instead of agreeing to that we overpaid a guy to bring us .400 win pct since he’s been here.

This is the perfect example of our piss poor decision making and ineptitude. When Kermit left, many of you asked me somewhat hostilely who I would have hired instead of McDevitt. And my answer was this guy. And ironically enough he was already basically locked up. We had this guy agreeing to become the next head coach. The deal was set except for one small item related to how the team would travel. Instead of agreeing to that we overpaid a guy to bring us .400 win pct since he’s been here.
If I remember correctly Coach Odom wanted us to guarantee all away games would be by guaranteed flight. Massaro should have said ok to that except for any road games of 100 miles or less. Meaning basically WKU or any Nashville based school away games

Congratulations to FIU. Maybe it's me because I'm an old man now, but I think that was like the worst presentation of an athletic facility upgrade I've ever seen.
Yeah they are almost on our level of production from a hype video standpoint.

If the Pac12 collapses, I don't see Memphis going anywhere. The Big12 will get half of the Pac12 overnight thus closing that window. The Pac12's media rights are up for review and the rumors are ESPN an't all that interested. UCLA and USC saw that writing over a year ago. Gonna get interesting. The Pac12 just hired two economists to figure out their media worth. Wow. There will be movement from the MWC though. SDSU has a June 30th deadline with the Pac12 going on right now. If the media negotiations don't close soon, UTAH, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and ASU are bolting. If that happens, the AAC is locked in. If Boise St, SDSU, and couple more leave for the Pac12, UTEP and NMSU are gone to the MWC. The MWC might pluck a AAC team but Memphis is still there. WKU or Liberty would get plucked over us.

The MAC was our only option to move. The MAC really wanted us. The fact that they didn't take WKU unless we were coming too said a ton. If a conference wants you that bad, you should go there. They will at least work for you. Judy is bringing us massive giants like Kennesaw St. I mean.....

AAC will not be an option unless everybody leaves like they left CUSA in 2012/13. That's not gonna happen. The Pac12 media debacle is proving that ESPN wants to push 2 conferences.

Last edited:
If the Pac12 collapses, I don't see Memphis going anywhere. The Big12 will get half of the Pac12 overnight thus closing that window. The Pac12's media rights are up for review and the rumors are ESPN an't all that interested. UCLA and USC saw that writing over a year ago. Gonna get interesting. There will be movement from the MWC though.
The P12 will be gone. There is just too much smoke and mirrors going on. It's funny to watch the "everything is fine" articles from the pundits come out...all at the same time. It's obvious the "good news" is being released to make it look good.

If the P12 goes away then the MWC will grab what's left, or even the AAC if it wants out west. If the P12 split (ie gets $20m and some schools leave/some join) then it could affect CUSA as the MWC may try to backfill.

Either way I don't see Memphis going anywhere until next decade when the ACC contract ends (or is close) and things really move. Which honestly is a good thing as it gives our big 3 time. But they better use it wisely, and nothing has shown me they can do that.

I sure hope our Big 3 (SS, SM, and CM) are working hard behind the curtain to move up if/when Memphis does.

LINK: Big money spend on Liberty Bowl Stadium.
I’ve heard for years about how Memphis is a block for us. Do you actually believe that? That’s such BS. I’m sure that Memphis probably wouldn’t want us but doesn’t have veto power over everyone else in the AAC and certainly not the sway in this new configuration especially since everyone sees them with one foot out the door. No one in the new AAC 2.0 is going kowtow to Memphis.

The only ones blocking MT from advancement are the theee you mentioned above and the Board. They have been and continue to be an anchor on MT growth and achievement. McPhee is the one with no sac who has allowed all this to transpire under his watch. And our new board has rubber stamped the little middle mentality.

Back to Memphis. They don’t have that type of clout. Let’s assume one school left (SMU). Our six former members wouldn’t vote against us meaning two more from USF, Navy, ECU, Temple, Tulsa, and Tulane would have to vote no. If we were the best candidate who would join Memphis? Navy maybe? The problem isn’t Memphis. The problem is we aren’t the most attractive candidate. The bottom line is Memphis aren’t the ones blocking us. The leadership is doing it all by itself.

The P12 will be gone. There is just too much smoke and mirrors going on. It's funny to watch the "everything is fine" articles from the pundits come out...all at the same time. It's obvious the "good news" is being released to make it look good.

If the P12 goes away then the MWC will grab what's left, or even the AAC if it wants out west. If the P12 split (ie gets $20m and some schools leave/some join) then it could affect CUSA as the MWC may try to backfill.

Either way I don't see Memphis going anywhere until next decade when the ACC contract ends (or is close) and things really move. Which honestly is a good thing as it gives our big 3 time. But they better use it wisely, and nothing has shown me they can do that.
IF CUSA is surviving, the PAC12 will still exist as well. SDSU is in talks with the PAC12 right now. The PAC12 still has more money than the MWC and will still keep WSU, Stanford, OSU and AZ. the PAC12 will eat up the MWC. Not the other way around.

Last edited:
I’ve heard for years about how Memphis is a block for us. Do you actually believe that? That’s such BS. I’m sure that Memphis probably wouldn’t want us but doesn’t have veto power over everyone else in the AAC and certainly not the sway in this new configuration especially since everyone sees them with one foot out the door. No one in the new AAC 2.0 is going kowtow to Memphis.

The only ones blocking MT from advancement are the theee you mentioned above and the Board. They have been and continue to be an anchor on MT growth and achievement. McPhee is the one with no sac who has allowed all this to transpire under his watch. And our new board has rubber stamped the little middle mentality.

Back to Memphis. They don’t have that type of clout. Let’s assume one school left (SMU). Our six former members wouldn’t vote against us meaning two more from USF, Navy, ECU, Temple, Tulsa, and Tulane would have to vote no. If we were the best candidate who would join Memphis? Navy maybe? The problem isn’t Memphis. The problem is we aren’t the most attractive candidate. The bottom line is Memphis aren’t the ones blocking us. The leadership is doing it all by itself.
It's not belief, It's fact. Conference additions have to be pretty much unaminous plus the conference's footprint designs has to be inline with the move as well. 1 blocking is as good as 12. If it's BS, why didn't we move up to CUSA when UNT, FIU and FAU did? At the time of the move with those other SBC schools, we were the best option of all of the teams they added. Yet, we were the second to last to be invited of that round. We did not get the invite until Memphis was gone to the AAC. The AAC does not need multiple TN schools in it's pipeline. It's not just Memphis voting against us. Other politics are afoot. Our leadership could do nothing to earn an invite even if they built a new student athlete complex, IPF and a new stadium tomorrow. We won't ever go to the AAC until Memphis is gone. You can book it. I'd bet $500.00 on that right now.

I love that Rice, Charlotte, and UNT are more viable to the AAC than us. How? They've done jack sh!t no matter the facilites. Again, it doesn't matter. I will stand behind the fact that the MAC wanted us and it would have been better for us than CUSA. We will see though. By the way, turning down the MAC is mASSaro saying that he is holding out for the AAC. No other reason to do it and he pretty much said that in his initial statement so the leadership wants it. They just may never get it.

I’m sorry JT but that is littered with inaccuracies. First, Memphis was a charter member of the AAC. We didn’t go initially because our administration screwed up. Memphis was already out the door. They had no say so in our inclusion or exclusion. Conferences keep voting closed so you never know unless it leaks but a school isn’t going to vote no unless they know others are. There have been all sorts of interesting dynamics play out over the years and it most certainly isn’t always unanimous.

So not really fact.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
What I wonder is how does MT overcome the stigma of being a suitcase or commuter college to retain fan interest for in game attendance of any variety. Rutherford county is estimated currently as having 365,000 people in its population. Let's say an average home game is 13,000 in attendance. Even excluding all students that's only about 3% of our county population. In essence 97 out of every 100 people in Rutherford county just doesn't care about its own school.
As a suitcase school about 2,500-3,000 live on campus, a similar number live just off campus. The other 14-15,000 commute every day from school to home. Most of them don't care either.
No doubt & just like you guys I would love to see us in the AAC, but when almost 99.5% of the immediate & surrounding community doesn't give a rat's ass I fear for MT's growth.
For such an apathetic community to show any interest in MT athletics I think the only thing to get their attention would be a Final Four run, aka FAU this past March. Murfreesboro & Rutherford county's apathetic fan interest is terribly disappointing & I'm not sure if I see any way out.

What I wonder is how does MT overcome the stigma of being a suitcase or commuter college to retain fan interest for in game attendance of any variety. Rutherford county is estimated currently as having 365,000 people in its population. Let's say an average home game is 13,000 in attendance. Even excluding all students that's only about 3% of our county population. In essence 97 out of every 100 people in Rutherford county just doesn't care about its own school.
As a suitcase school about 2,500-3,000 live on campus, a similar number live just off campus. The other 14-15,000 commute every day from school to home. Most of them don't care either.
No doubt & just like you guys I would love to see us in the AAC, but when almost 99.5% of the immediate & surrounding community doesn't give a rat's ass I fear for MT's growth.
For such an apathetic community to show any interest in MT athletics I think the only thing to get their attention would be a Final Four run, aka FAU this past March. Murfreesboro & Rutherford county's apathetic fan interest is terribly disappointing & I'm not sure if I see any way out.
I think it revolves around on campus living first. I shared that information in the past how we stack up against other G5 schools with more passionate fans. We are lacking in that department. If anyone would like me to look up others I can. I haven’t really found someone with less.

Here are some rough numbers:
JMU- 6.7k
App- 5.9k
Georgia Southern- 5.4k
Kennesaw St- 5.2k
WKU- 5k
CCU- 4.6k
FAU- 4k
UAB- 3.3k
UTSA- 3k
MTSU- 2.7k

too market means getting outside of the boro. Also i would send out a questionnaire to see where the transplants moved from and who are their favorite college teams. Then you try to schedule the G5 teams from that area and you build that base. Do an education day elementary and middle 1 game and HS another. Also win games

I never thought Memphis would try to blackball MTSU. Memphis likes playing MTSU or at least most Tiger fans like me do. The schools are a perfect regional rivalry. Our history goes back to the Teacher College days. 💙💙

too market means getting outside of the boro. Also i would send out a questionnaire to see where the transplants moved from and who are their favorite college teams. Then you try to schedule the G5 teams from that area and you build that base. Do an education day elementary and middle 1 game and HS another. Also win games
Nice response & ideas. You're already a few steps ahead of our administration

I’m sorry JT but that is littered with inaccuracies. First, Memphis was a charter member of the AAC. We didn’t go initially because our administration screwed up. Memphis was already out the door. They had no say so in our inclusion or exclusion. Conferences keep voting closed so you never know unless it leaks but a school isn’t going to vote no unless they know others are. There have been all sorts of interesting dynamics play out over the years and it most certainly isn’t always unanimous.

So not really fact.
Sure, whatever you say. We were invited only after they left. They didn't have a say in us being invited when we were because they were gone but they C blocked us plenty before 2012. CUSA didn't want 2 TN teams the same way the AAC doesn't. It's a 2 part scenario like I said in the comment before. If the conference doesn't want 2 TN teams, then it's out of our hands. Memphis has to be gone for us to get an invite period.

IF CUSA is surviving, the PAC12 will still exist as well. SDSU is in talks with the PAC12 right now. The PAC12 still has more money than the MWC and will still keep WSU, Stanford, OSU and AZ. the PAC12 will eat up the MWC. Not the other way around.
I see where your thinking lies, but I see it ever so slightly differently. It depends on when schools bolt. If they get impatient and leave before a media deal, I could see the P12 imploding. If a media deal is had even with some schools leaving, then I see them pulling MWC schools and then we could lose our western schools as the MWC backfills. I'm obsessed with realignment and love it but this is totally a guess. So it absolutely could go your way of thinking too.

I personally would prefer it become 8 conferences with 4 zones and start relegation. But that is just a dream.
Fantastic idea. I've said before we need a community forum. This goes along those lines. School games are huge in basketball. Daytime yes but with some creativity you could make it work for football too.
I also think freshmen should be required to live on campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT