ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Breaking : MT FB to play at Georgia, at Kentucky in 2018

AustinLewis

Hall of Famer
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
Per GBR, MT FB has agreed to play SEC foes Georgia and Kentucky in 2018 and is scheduled to make trips to Nashville (Vanderbilt) and Bowling Green (OH) in OOC in 2018.

MT FB is scheduled to play Vanderbilt, @ Syracuse, @ Minnesota, and Bowling Green (OH) in 2017.

3 Power 5 schools in back to back years for MT FB. Not exactly setting up a friendly schedule for Coach Stock.

Other board says BG game was moved to this year instead of 2018. So we should have 5 home games in 2018 with an assumed FCS team added

Gotta make up the money being lost to low football attendance and generally poor support and energy for the program. I imagine if there were more success, energy, and buzz around MT football, so many money games would not need to be played. Admittedly, one of those games are likely needed to make up for the poor media rights deal.

In my opinion, a decent little chunk of the millions from those games should go to giving Kermit a good raise!

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
UK, kinda makes me nauseous just thinking about playing that team. Sadly, it seems MT is catching them during a several year upswing when it will be be a little more difficult to beat them.

well if coach stock wants to make 800k a year with like 10 guaranteed years on his contract and each of his coordinators want 300k a year then they're gonna have to go out and earn it.

and they better be competitive and/or win these games too pulling that kind of cash in.

im totally OK with the body bag schedules because the "make every game on the schedule winnable" approach obviously didnt work out

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
Well, if things don't go well in 2018, there shouldn't be any difficulty in buying out some coaches' contracts. Hope and change.

Reactions: MTLynn
Did you guys see the amount of $$$ WKU is raking in due to coach's buyouts?

I think it's like 2.1 million this year alone. That's enough to pay for a new high end CUSA staff.
They recruit, hire and groom top notch young coaching talent and are rewarded greatly for their successes not only financially but also with wins and conference championships.

We run a coaches retirement home.

Win-win for Stock. He's already got his contract, these Buy game welfare checks will help fund it, and if he happens to pull off an upset or two then all is good.

Go Blue!

Well, if things don't go well in 2018, there shouldn't be any difficulty in buying out some coaches' contracts. Hope and change.

You might be on to something. Won't that be the end of Brent's run? If coach stock can't turn things around, Brent wrapping up his career would appear to be a natural pick to make a change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT