ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING 5 MT signees who could make most impact in 2016

From what I saw I think the kicker should be on that list. Having a kid that can boot it out of the end zone is something we have needed for a decade.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
All those JUCO's need to be in the 2 deep.

Taking a JUCO that can't play immediately is a waste of a 'ship. By the time they develop, they're out of eligibility. They need to be plug and play products when they get here.

I still think back to that class of 2010 where we signed 10 or 12 JUCOs and something like 9 of them never did anything in a Blue Raider Uniform. That 2 win season in 2011, IMHO, was in large part a result of all those JUCO's being washouts - they didn't even play enough to count as depth.

We seem to have hit more than we have missed on JUCOs recently though.

Reactions: dukewayne
We redshirted Batties as a Juco and it worked out. Last year we had a lot of JUCOs make plays. Batties, Luckett, Walker, Watt and Ducksworth all made big plays.

Dukes, Lamberts, Craig, Henderson, and Lee. However and the other Juco WR's will get plenty of PT as well. As a freshman, Craig, Lee, and Henderson have the best chance of playing right away. Craig is too big and fast not be playing with the holes we have at LB. He will be a Gasque like player. He has experience blitzing from the edge and even played some at end so he knows how to penetrate from the edge. He should be an OLB. Dukes is the prototypical ILB if I ever saw one. He loves to get picks too like Danny Carmichael used to. Tough, fast and a great tackler. Lamberts is a SS/OLB hybrid guy. He is super fast and is tough. However, he has great tracking instincts and can tackle too. He can drop into coverage or blitz. Very versatile. With Byard gone, he will probably play as a hybrid like player here too. Really athletic.

On the LB side, we upgraded. Luckett was a hard player but was slower than the speed of smell. All 3 LB's are faster than him. Barber was one of the best but was outmanned and outgunned last year. These guys working together will be scary. They all have strengths and skills that will compliment each other and they were targeted to play immediately.

In 2012 and 2013, our LB play is what helped us on D. Henry, Blunt and Barber was a great combo. In 2014 and 15, we have dropped off because those guys left and Barber was basically by himself last year. The WMU game showed how weak we were at LB last year. If we had a Dukes, Craig or Lamberts in addition to Barber, they ain't running down the field like that. I like this LB squad a lot.

Cutrer is a Juco too. He's worked out too. He will improve a lot this year. Heard has been a good player too. He should improve this year too.

Hopefully Peter Bailey breaks out this year. Don't want him to lumped into the group of ineffective jucos. He has the tools to be great

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT