ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL 2021 C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: wku vs utsa

I think WKU will buzzsaw them. Zappe is led the nation in a lot of catagories. He's thrown for nearly 5,000 yards this year and his season ain't over. WKU just consistently pours it on. With UTSA pooping on themselves vs. UAB and UNT, WKU won't give them opportunities to even come back if they get down early. Marshall fans talked a lot of smack saying WKU was a flash in a pan but what happened in their house? They got buzzsawed and lost to them worse than we did at WKU?

Unless UTSA overhauls a lot, I see WKU winning this one and possibly by a lot.

I was all for WKU succeeding when all the other teams announced they were leaving us behind with them in CUSA. But since they all got their panties in a wad over us not going to the MAC, I'm glad they lost.

Congrats to UTSA. 12th yr for them to even field a team and their first conference championship. 16th yr and counting for good old Middle with ZERO.

That game shocked me. It really did. This was WKU's worst game all year and they nearly came back. They just dug the hole too deep in the third.

Now WKU gets to feel like we did in 2018 and I'm ok with that. That crowd though. That's a legit upper program level crowd. A real one.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
They have a dome and we had a rough storm that blew through in 50 degree weather with high wind. Plus, their game was on a Friday night virtually by itself, not during the SEC championship game. The Pac12 game was happening but the Pac12 isn't in their back yard. The SEC is in our case.

Reactions: ewglenn
They have a dome and we had a rough storm that blew through in 50 degree weather with high wind. Plus, their game was on a Friday night virtually by itself, not during the SEC championship game. The Pac12 game was happening but the Pac12 isn't in their back yard. The SEC is in our case.
The rain blew through well before the game. The weather was perfect for football. UAB fans showed up in droves. How long are we going to continue to blame our piss poor management/marketing on something else.
First year high school coach wins the CUSA title. After 16 seasons we are to be happy at 6-6 and bowling. MT football is a joke.

Well before like an hour? Hahahahaha. I was there. It was rainy as hell right up to it. I wore all of my gortex rain gear. I felt overdressed once we hit the second quarter. But it looked gnarley all day.

By the way, I'm not defending sh!t. We do have bad marketing with bad leadership but we also have colleges all over us with the SEC in our back yard. It's a different deal.

Traylor was not a first year high school coach. He was at UTSA last year and Texas, SMU and Arkansas before this job. He was a pretty dang good Texas recruiter because of his high school coaching connections. But I get your point. I would have fired Stock many years ago but I'm just a fan.

Well before like an hour? Hahahahaha. I was there. It was rainy as hell right up to it. I wore all of my gortex rain gear. I felt overdressed once we hit the second quarter. But it looked gnarley all day.

By the way, I'm not defending sh!t. We do have bad marketing with bad leadership but we also have colleges all over us with the SEC in our back yard. It's a different deal.

Traylor was not a first year high school coach. He was at UTSA last year and Texas, SMU and Arkansas before this job. He was a pretty dang good Texas recruiter because of his high school coaching connections. But I get your point. I would have fired Stock many years ago but I'm just a fan.
JT I enjoy your commentary.It was just before the game when the weather cleared. We started tailgating the day before and monitoring radar, taking bets on when it would clear up. We have a lot of fairweather, lazy fans.

JT I enjoy your commentary.It was just before the game when the weather cleared. We started tailgating the day before and monitoring radar, taking bets on when it would clear up. We have a lot of fairweather, lazy fans.
Thanks and I totally agree with you. I was pissed that there was not a large crowd and then I realized that we will never have that following in CUSA. We had a larger following in the Sun Belt. The teams were closer together and it was a better scene for us. In the sense, not going to the MAC was a good move I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT