ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Well it's a little early in the season, but the coaching changes have started

I guess we can expect another branch of the West/Stockstill coaching tree to land in Murfreesboro to work on that TN Consolidated Retirement Acct.
Helton’s already got 9 years in the system from Memphis. I doubt that his brother 90 miles to the north will hire him. 😂

Reactions: MT Glenn
Cristobal has a good thing going at Oregon with all the Nike Money. Fickell has never coached outside of Ohio and his one year at OSU was meh, albeit under odd conditions.

I kind of expect Bill O’Brien to be in the mix. Former NFL HC with experience rebuilding a program (Penn St) & currently the Bama OC. He would be the next in a long line of Nick Saban rehab stops getting a new HC gig.

I guess we can expect another branch of the West/Stockstill coaching tree to land in Murfreesboro to work on that TN Consolidated Retirement Acct.
Helton’s already got 9 years in the system from Memphis. I doubt that his brother 90 miles to the north will hire him. 😂

Does fit the profile: Nice guy. Class act. Doesn't recruit. Can't coach a lick.

The dude might as well start looking at houses in Murfreesboro.

Does fit the profile: Nice guy. Class act. Doesn't recruit. Can't coach a lick.

The dude might as well start looking at houses in Murfreesboro.
You nailed it, Doug. When OC Randy Fichtner left for the Steelers in ‘06 after DeAngelo, West handed the keys to the offense and recruiting to Helton. They lasted 3 more years.😂

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT