ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Sidelines Covid issues article

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country

excerpt:

• MTSU has also been riddled with COVID issues, becoming prominent after the Virginia Tech loss. One of the key starters, who played against VT, tested positive the Sunday following the game, which unintentionally affected many more players. According to the most recent report from Sept. 16, there are currently 18 active cases involving student athletes, notably pertaining to the football team.
  • Chris Massaro, the athletic director at MTSU, responded to a question about possible contact tracing among VT players, saying, “Over the last year, there has been very little evidence that Covid is passed on to the opposition but as we learn every day, anything is possible with this disease and its variants. Our medical people, typically the team doctor, notifies the opponents medical people when there might be an issue. We send the opponents numbers of the individuals as well as the number of play they participated in. I know in this instance our team doctor notified the Va. Tech medical people very early in the week.
  • Whit Babcock, the athletic director at Virgina Tech, was contacted for further comment about the possibly contact tracing. It was responded with, “It wouldn’t be appropriate for us to comment on any issues that an opponent may be involved in, but we can confirm that MTSU has been a great non-conference partner with us, and that communication between our two schools on all matters related to the game has been exemplary.”
  • As more information surfaced about the COVID issues affecting the football team, it was revealed that vaccinated players are not tested, non-vaccinated players are tested twice per week, and if you tested positive, but no longer have it, you will not get tested for 90 days.

I was told if things went south again this season that Covid would be their (Massaro, Stockstill) “go to” excuse. My response to that is EVERYONE has to deal with Covid.

Reactions: mtfblue
I was told if things went south again this season that Covid would be their (Massaro, Stockstill) “go to” excuse. My response to that is EVERYONE has to deal with Covid.

Well the season is over and covid had nothing to do with it, so they can forget about using that as an excuse.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
This was their Golden opportunity to shed this contract to blame Covid. Instead another year of this. Great.

ADVERTISEMENT