ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(1-2; 0-1) @ Charlotte(2-1; 0-0) (CBSSN), 5:30PM, Friday, September 24, 2021

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Game thread, links are a work in progress:

University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Founded: 1946
Enrollment: 28,721 Undergrad 23,284 Postgrad
Acceptance rate:
62%
Colors: Green and White Nickname: 49ers Mascot: Norm the Niner
Fight song: (UNC) Charlotte Fight Song
Series: Middle Tennessee leads, 4-1
Stadium: Jerry Richardson Stadium (15,314)
Head Coach: Will Healy (Richmond, 2008)
Record at CLT: 9-10 (3rd year) Overall: 22-31 (6th)
2020 Record: 2-4 (2-2) 2020 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 13/9 Lettermen R/L: 55/20

Weather Forecast:

Where:
Jerry Richardson Stadium, 8701 Phillips Rd, Charlotte, NC 28223

Stadium Policies:

Television: CBS Sports Network -
Play by play- Chris Lewis, Analyst - Corey Chavous

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, Murfreesboro – WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM; Lynchburg – WDUC 93.9 FM; Nashville – The Game 102.5 FM/97.5 FM;

Streaming Audio:
Varsity Network

Streaming Video: Watch

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers: Charlotte Observer, ninertimes.com,

Message Boards:
Niner Report Paydirt ($), Niner Nation

Blogs: ,

Athletic site:
charlotte49ers.com, goblueraiders.com,

Media Guides:
Charlotte , Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Charlotte 49ers football: Preview for 2021 season, Charlotte 49ers: CFN College Football Preview 2021, Charlotte 49ers: 2021 Season Preview, Predictions, ,

Game Notes:
CLT Game Notes, MT game notes

Game Previews: Middle Tennessee vs Charlotte Prediction, Game Preview, Middle Tennessee vs. Charlotte Football Prediction and Preview, , ,

Roster:
49ers, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @Charlotte49ers, @CharlotteFTBL, @theobserver, @WFNZ, @Student49erClub, @niner_times, @Hunter_Bailey45, @Trevor_Wilt10, @kathleencook813, @patjames24, @_agent49, ,, , ,,,,,,

Hashtags:
#YOURteam #GOLDstandard #RockSolid #PacktheMine #ninernation #stateofcharlotte, ,,,, #BlueRaiders, #MTvs, ,, #TrueBlue,

Facebook: Charlotte 49ers Football, ,,,,

Youtube:
Charlotte 49ers Athletics, Niner Times, , ,

Instagram:
thecharlotte49ers, , ,

2020 Game Thread:
Middle Tennessee( 2-5, 2-3) vs Charlotte (2-3, 2-1) (ESPN+), 2:30PM, Saturday, November 1, 2020

2019 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (2-2, 3-5) @ Charlotte (1-3, 3-5), 2:30PM, Saturday, November 2, 2019

2018 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee vs Charlotte (Homecoming), 2PM, Saturday, October 20, 2018

2017 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (4-5; 2-3) @ Charlotte (1-8; 1-4) (ESPN3), 1PM, Saturday, November 11, 2017

2016 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (6-4; 3-3) @ Charlotte (4-6; 3-3) (ESPN3), 1PM, Saturday, November 19, 2016

2015 Game Thread:
Middle Tennessee vs Charlotte, Saturday, 6PM, Sept 19, 2015

Last edited:
Last year's scheduled game was never played due to Covid

Charlotte (MT leads 4-1)
Year W/L Score Site

2015 W 73-14 H

2016 W 38-31 A
2017 W 35-21 A

2018 W 21-13 H
2019 L 34-20 A

At Murfreesboro: 2-0 At Charlotte: 2-1

Hilarious. Not one of our crack “beat writers” addressed the elephant in the room until our “play by play” guy finally acknowledged and asked Stock about last Saturday’s “performance.”😂😂

Hilarious. Not one of our crack “beat writers” addressed the elephant in the room until our “play by play” guy finally acknowledged and asked Stock about last Saturday’s “performance.”😂😂
Yeah, I noticed that too.

In answer to another question he seemed to contradict what he had said in the opening statement about Charlotte's defense

It would be so great to be able to go back multiple seasons of late, and get post game and press conference clips about comments about our offensive line play and how 'we have to get better' and yet nothing ever changes, certainly not for the better.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
So Stock says he's not changing the QB lineup and he has full confidence that the line will get better. Uh...... Take Charlotte and the points all day. how in the hell will we get better when the staff refuses to change? The answer is.... we won't. Great coaches adapt to the situation and poor coaches try to make the situation adapt to them.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
So Stock says he's not changing the QB lineup and he has full confidence that the line will get better. Uh...... Take Charlotte and the points all day. how in the hell will we get better when the staff refuses to change? The answer is.... we won't. Great coaches adapt to the situation and poor coaches try to make the situation adapt to them.
Does he watch the same game as the fans or just live in an alternative reality where an offense with less than 100 yards halfway into the 4th is competitive?

Yeah, I noticed that too.

In answer to another question he seemed to contradict what he had said in the opening statement about Charlotte's defense
That was a real head scratcher to me as well. First he says this Charlotte is not the same team they lost to last time and they have added a lot of new transfers. Then later he says completely the opposite. 😂😂

This oughta be worth a listen just to see what he says about Hockman. Where is Wiley when you need quality call-in questions with some fangs.😂😂

i really just don't care anymore. if you can give me a time and number when i can call in and ask him a question i'd be happy to do it but beyond that i don't care enough to check these media things

we can only beat a dead horse so much when we talk about the nepotism, good ole boyism, geriatric coaching staff we have here at MT. Let's be honest here, the whole staff besides a few coaches are just a bunch of old friends to Rick + his son. This has allowed these non-performing, eating for free, losers to remain on payroll despite chronic underperformance from their position groups.

Mike Polly is a f'ing idiot and couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. He is a second class position coach that will be lucky to crack an FCS roster when his time is done here at MT.

Rick Mallory has helped the Polly clown "develop" some of the worst OL play we have seen in MT history. How can Chandler Brewer, Rob Jones, Josh Walker, and I'm sure I'm missing more go on to play on NFL teams yet we can't run the ball on ANYBODY...EVER. I'll tell you how, these coaches are literal morons. They are out scheme'd on game day, they don't teach good fundamentals, and clearly suffer from a serious knowledge deficit in the game of football.

Tommy West...Could this position/hire scream more of Good Ole Boyism? When's the last time our DL did anything meaningful? Has there been any sure-fire 1st all conference DL players since he was hired? I'll wait for your answer. He's been here since 2014. What the F has he done besides pad his Tennessee retirement accounts? I'll answer it all for you. He's done jack shit. This guy has been coaching football longer than I've been alive....4 decades...and what does he have to show for it here at MT? Absolutely NOTHING

Brent Stockstill....Nepotism, nepotism, nepotism. I don't care if he was the best candidate (and I don't believe he was). This is a bad look especially when your seat is hot (or should be hot) because you've had consecutive losing seasons and never fielded the best team in your conference in 16 years.

Brent Brock....LOL. At least he is not coaching TE's anymore. In his spare time he campaigns on Facebook to get Rick hired on as the Head Coach at FSU. The jokes literally write themselves at our university. We could do a Saturday Night Live skit with this staff.

It is very clear to me that Rick Stockstill does not have MT's best interests in mind. Rick Stockstill is not willing to do whatever it takes to win at MT. He values his friendships and Good Ole Boyism over our players, fans, and program. What a piece of work. I've met the man before. I was a student in one of his classes. He even called me one time over a dispute/misunderstanding when Hutton was publisher of this site and I was helping running the recruiting side on GoMiddle. Always nice, respectful, down to earth. But he's not a winner. And at some point in this line of work you have to perform and bring the results. He has single handedly torpedoed our football program into oblivion and ruined any possible greatness or dreams that many of us had when we made the transition to D1.

Get the F out of here already dude. Nobody wants you here anymore. Literally nobody.

i really just don't care anymore. if you can give me a time and number when i can call in and ask him a question i'd be happy to do it but beyond that i don't care enough to check these media things

we can only beat a dead horse so much when we talk about the nepotism, good ole boyism, geriatric coaching staff we have here at MT. Let's be honest here, the whole staff besides a few coaches are just a bunch of old friends to Rick + his son. This has allowed these non-performing, eating for free, losers to remain on payroll despite chronic underperformance from their position groups.

Mike Polly is a f'ing idiot and couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. He is a second class position coach that will be lucky to crack an FCS roster when his time is done here at MT.

Rick Mallory has helped the Polly clown "develop" some of the worst OL play we have seen in MT history. How can Chandler Brewer, Rob Jones, Josh Walker, and I'm sure I'm missing more go on to play on NFL teams yet we can't run the ball on ANYBODY...EVER. I'll tell you how, these coaches are literal morons. They are out scheme'd on game day, they don't teach good fundamentals, and clearly suffer from a serious knowledge deficit in the game of football.

Tommy West...Could this position/hire scream more of Good Ole Boyism? When's the last time our DL did anything meaningful? Has there been any sure-fire 1st all conference DL players since he was hired? I'll wait for your answer. He's been here since 2014. What the F has he done besides pad his Tennessee retirement accounts? I'll answer it all for you. He's done jack shit. This guy has been coaching football longer than I've been alive....4 decades...and what does he have to show for it here at MT? Absolutely NOTHING

Brent Stockstill....Nepotism, nepotism, nepotism. I don't care if he was the best candidate (and I don't believe he was). This is a bad look especially when your seat is hot (or should be hot) because you've had consecutive losing seasons and never fielded the best team in your conference in 16 years.

Brent Brock....LOL. At least he is not coaching TE's anymore. In his spare time he campaigns on Facebook to get Rick hired on as the Head Coach at FSU. The jokes literally write themselves at our university. We could do a Saturday Night Live skit with this staff.

It is very clear to me that Rick Stockstill does not have MT's best interests in mind. Rick Stockstill is not willing to do whatever it takes to win at MT. He values his friendships and Good Ole Boyism over our players, fans, and program. What a piece of work. I've met the man before. I was a student in one of his classes. He even called me one time over a dispute/misunderstanding when Hutton was publisher of this site and I was helping running the recruiting side on GoMiddle. Always nice, respectful, down to earth. But he's not a winner. And at some point in this line of work you have to perform and bring the results. He has single handedly torpedoed our football program into oblivion and ruined any possible greatness or dreams that many of us had when we made the transition to D1.

Get the F out of here already dude. Nobody wants you here anymore. Literally nobody.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would like to nominate the above post for all-time best post ever and pin the damn thing to our Sticky Thread banner. Copies need to go to McPhee, Massaro, Mark Owen and our BOT.

Epic.

Last edited:
tell us how you really feel

• Haha
Reactions: C-Bow

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would like to nominate the above post for all-time best post ever and pin the damn thing to our Sticky Thread banner. Copies need to go to McPhee, Massaro, Mark Owen and our BOT.

Epic.
Wiley has done it again.. I second the nomination. Hair on my neck stood up while reading this. Great post.

Would some of you who put faith in MT FB improving with the additions of Dearmon, Hockman, and lil Stock: Like to join me now in backing away from your Blue Raider fandom?

Would some of you who put faith in MT FB improving with the additions of Dearmon, Hockman, and lil Stock: Like to join me now in backing away from your Blue Raider fandom?
Ok, let me snuff out this crap right now. This polarazation among those of us who are still around is utter bullsh!t.

WE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ACCEPT WHATEVER THE HELL THEY THROW AT US. I was optimistic and hopeful but hell, what choice do we have? We haven't the money needed to buy out all of these assclowns. So I hoped they would have a significant change and thought the energy was good enough to do so. The results are different but the season has also gone the way all of us thought it would so far. Some folks are now chest thumping about how right they are. Right about what? All of us know that this is a dumpster fire. We are stuck with a multi million dollar buyout no one here can pay for. This is like some Shawshank Redemption crap we are stuck in and it's the corrupt warden's fault. The starting QB up and quits which is troubling on every level but no one saw that coming. No one.

I'm not backing away from my fandom of Middle Tennessee. I will always love my school and will root for them. The Admin and coaching staff can go jump in a river on a cold day. Everyone who has said that they are done on this board still post on here. So this "backing away" is a flase flag because ALL OF US STILL CARE and there is nothing wrong with that. If someone wants to be positive for 5 minutes, let them. It doesn't mean that they are happy with this sh1tshow. It just means that they are trying to still hope for better. I feel the same way about the negative stuff. It's totally legitimate and reasonable too.

We are all fans or we wouldn't still be posting or sitting in an empty stadium on opening night like I did. We aren't the enemy or the problem. Massaro and the rest of those morons are. Let's equally focus on them and stop polarizing people who are still here.

Last edited:
We aren't the enemy or the problem. Massaro and the rest of those morons are. Let's equally focus on them and stop polarizing people who are still here.

Massaro can't fire stuckstill anymore than Boots could fire mccollum. 7-wood runs the show and he only cares about the APR.

I doubt that football, MBB and baseball will ever be anything other than mediocre as long as 7-wood is here. Heck, once he is gone, I figure the state will replace him with a clone.

Massaro can't fire stuckstill anymore than Boots could fire mccollum. 7-wood runs the show and he only cares about the APR.

I doubt that football, MBB and baseball will ever be anything other than mediocre as long as 7-wood is here. Heck, once he is gone, I figure the state will replace him with a clone.
Like I said, we're stuck. Those guys (admin and coaches) are bad, we fans are good.

...Middle Tennessee is a disaster in pass protection.

The Blue Raider O line has allowed a whopping 30 tackles for loss and 19 sacks so far. Charlotte might not have a big-time pass rush, but it should be able to get behind the line enough to matter.....

.....Late Tuesday afternoon, news broke out of Murfreesboro that MTSU’s Bailey Hockman had chosen to leave the Blue Raider football program.

The news was somewhat surprising, given Hockman’s transfer to Middle Tennessee in the offseason and subsequent starting role, having started all three games this season, albeit, having to rotate snaps with Chase Cunningham in multiple contests. However, it was later learned that Hockman is choosing to walk away from football, as he is expecting a newborn child. Strictly from a football perspective, this leaves Rick Stockstill in somewhat of an awkward situation. Hockman was brought to the program in an effort to shift away from the offensive style of play the previous two seasons, under former offensive coordinator Tony Franklin and ex-QB Asher O’Hara.

When I asked Stockstill during C-USA Media Days how the move would impact his offense, he was emphatic about the need for MTSU to have more dynamic plays out of the run game as receivers.

“We have to improve our running game overall as last year we averaged only 135 yards per game rushing and only 66 of those came from the running backs,” said Stockstill. “We’ll still get some quarterback runs but not nearly as much as we have the past two seasons, we have to become more balanced with our backs getting the rushing yards and improve our passing game.”

Currently, Stockstill’s club sits at 1-2 and there have been mixed results in both categories. Through three games, MTSU is averaging a frightening 56.7 yards per game on the ground. The 240.3 yards through the air is already a shade better than the two-season average of 236.2 with O’Hara under center. Now, Cunningham will take over and at 5-11, 190-pounds, resembles Stockstill’s former starter more than the 6-2, 220-pound Hockman. What’s clear is the Blue Raiders need more out of their offense, if they’re going to have any chance at returning to a bowl game.....

...Middle Tennessee is a disaster in pass protection.

The Blue Raider O line has allowed a whopping 30 tackles for loss and 19 sacks so far. Charlotte might not have a big-time pass rush, but it should be able to get behind the line enough to matter.....

Our current NCAA ranking out of 130:
TFL’s - #127
Sacks Allowed - #115

Chase better put pads on every inch of his body.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT