ADVERTISEMENT

UTSA Head Coach Jeff Traylor signs Extension through 2031....

More like UTSA is banking on that buyout. They are going against TCU and TT wanting him. Which if they do, one will pay it no problem.

We went against Memphis and ECU. Granted Memphis has Steve Smith but you see what I mean.

I wonder if he got the "Even Steven record = one more year added" perk to his contract.

• Haha
Reactions: C-Bow
This has potential for a Rick Stockstill mess written all over it. He's basically had one good season and they lock him up for that much. Yikes. Not sure I would want to do that.

However - they are moving up conferences as well so things outside of the coaching position are looking up for the program. Make a little sense to try and keep it intact, but no way would I be willing to offer this deal this soon.

This has potential for a Rick Stockstill mess written all over it. He's basically had one good season and they lock him up for that much. Yikes. Not sure I would want to do that.

However - they are moving up conferences as well so things outside of the coaching position are looking up for the program. Make a little sense to try and keep it intact, but no way would I be willing to offer this deal this soon.
They are banking on him getting picked up by a P5 team this year. If that happens the school will get 7.5 million. It’s similar to Lane’s contract extension at FAU. The problem is if he doesn’t get picked up you are completely screwing the program. It’s similar to the people here that want to stay in CUSA because they think in 3-4 years the AAC is going to be calling. Huge risk with a little but decent reward isn’t worth it to me.

Traylor was a successful high school head coach who won three state championships. He then became an assistant at Texas and was named Big 12 Recruiter of the Year.

Stuckstill spent his coaching career as a position coach with a one-year stint as a failed OC.

I figure that Rick used power 5 recruiting tactics to get the MT job - hired a couple of women to help mcphee work on his golf game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT