ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ (RV) UTSA (ESPN+), 5PM, Saturday, September 18, 2021

Cunningham just needs to be the starter. Let him get reps with the 1st team. He's a better option right now than Hockman. He can at least throw the ball and is faster than hockman.

So that article that said CRS would be on the hot seat if he didn't have a good year...... Do they know that MTSU's version of the hot seat is one of those nice comfortable heated massage chairs and CRS has been on it for years now? Ole Rick will be just fine this year.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
Cunningham just needs to be the starter. Let him get reps with the 1st team. He's a better option right now than Hockman. He can at least throw the ball and is faster than hockman.
no....you not giving up on your savior, I tried to tell you but know. you believed the hype

Another TD. Cunningham should be the guy. Crisper throws. Better arm. Quicker release. He's just the better option. I was dead wrong about Hockman. Now we need the best option.

Last edited:
Rick isn’t going to retire. Why would he? He’s guaranteed to bank and groom Brent. He has no loyalty to this university like we do

It really doesn't matter anymore. Cunningham is clearly better than Hockman but behind this OL it doesn't matter. Dearmon is a moron if you ask me. Look at what Pierce does when you finally give him an opportunity. How do you not build some plays and offensive sets around utilizing him? I was optimistic on Dearmon after the VT game but I have zero faith in him now after watching this UTSA game.

Literally zero offensive adjustments throughout the game. No creativity with the play calling, no plays to move the pocket which is always helpful when OL is overmatched, no screens when they're clearly and consistently playing very aggressive/overpursuing, no real RPO action to put any pressure on the defense, NOTHING. Just predictable run, run, pass (sacked), and punt. Pull a name out of a hat of GoMiddle posters and you'll get better game planning and play calling than you saw today.

I don't even see a point to playing the rest of this season with this team. It's such a shame because we have a championship defense and punter. But our offense is just terrible. Might be worse than the offensive unit we had when we only won 2 games. Probably the worst offense we've had since Stockstill took over in 2006.

Luckily for Rick, we have some of the worst FBS teams in the country on our schedule (Uconn, FIU, ODU), so we will win a few more games, but it'll all be for absolutely nothing because WKU, Marshall, Charlotte, Liberty, and FAU are gonna make us their little bitch for 4 quarters, just like UTSA just did.

Reactions: Hop45 and mtfblue
no....you not giving up on your savior, I tried to tell you but know. you believed the hype

LOL. I totally give up. Now, I'm for the best option. 13 points is better than a goose egg. I believe Cunningham has 3 TD's and 0 picks.

Reactions: mtfblue
LOL. I totally give up. Now, I'm for the best option. 13 points is better than a goose egg. I believe Cunningham has 3 TD's and 0 picks.

It really doesn't matter. Pick any NFL quarterback you want and put him back there and it wouldn't matter. This OL and coaching staff would still find a way to screw everything up.

Cunningham, Hockman, Diellelo, Mobley, Tom Brady, My 85 year old Uncle named Marvin.....it doesn't matter.

This is the worst offense I've ever seen since I began watching MT football in 2004. Dearmon is clearly way in over his head. He's never successfully called plays at the FBS level and it shows. It was a gamble hiring him and one that didn't turn out well for us.

The shame in it all is this is one of the best defenses we've had in a while. A championship caliber defense even. But it won't matter because we are not going to sniff the East or even a winning record this year. Their efforts will be all for naught and as futile as futile can be.

Last edited:
Here is the real truth…. Nobody cares anymore. They’ve run off the last few. We settled for mediocrity too long and never capitalized on what little success we’ve had in the entire athletic department.

It really doesn't matter anymore. Cunningham is clearly better than Hockman but behind this OL it doesn't matter. Dearmon is a moron if you ask me. Look at what Pierce does when you finally give him an opportunity. How do you not build some plays and offensive sets around utilizing him? I was optimistic on Dearmon after the VT game but I have zero faith in him now after watching this UTSA game.

I don't even see a point to playing the rest of this season with this team. It's such a shame because we have a championship defense and punter. But our offense is just terrible. Might be worse than the offensive unit we had when we only won 2 games. Probably the worst offense we've had since Stockstill took over in 2006.

Thankfully we have some of the worst FBS teams in the country on our schedule (Uconn, FIU, ODU), so we will win a few more games, but it'll all be for absolutely nothing because WKU, Marshall, Charlotte, Liberty, and FAU are gonna make us their little bitch for 4 quarters, just like UTSA just did.
Just use the guy with the quickest release with some scramble ability. Hockman isn't that guy. I wish he was. LOL.

Literally zero offensive adjustments throughout the game. No creativity with the play calling, no plays to move the pocket which is always helpful when OL is overmatched, no screens when they're clearly and consistently playing very aggressive/overpursuing, no real RPO action to put any pressure on the defense, NOTHING. Just predictable run, run, pass (sacked), and punt. Pull a name out of a hat of GoMiddle posters and you'll get better game planning and play calling than you saw today.

Luckily for Rick, we have some of the worst FBS teams in the country on our schedule (Uconn, FIU, ODU), so we will win a few more games, but it'll all be for absolutely nothing because WKU, Marshall, Charlotte, Liberty, and FAU are gonna make us their little bitch for 4 quarters, just like UTSA just did.

UCONN could've beaten us tonight. What's going to be bad is they may get their only win this year against us.

Andy Mac teams were more entertaining to watch than this. Look at his 05 season when he got fired. Lot of close games and a Vanderbilt win and he still got canned. Back when the program held coach’s accountable, and they had some pride. pathetic we’re we are at now. Stock is so bad.

Is it Tennis season yet?

Andy Mac teams were more entertaining to watch than this. Look at his 05 season when he got fired. Lot of close games and a Vanderbilt win and he still got canned. Back when the program held coach’s accountable, and they had some pride. pathetic we’re we are at now. Stock is so bad.

Is it Tennis season yet?
The firing of andymac was long overdue. It was only after he secured his FOURTH straight losing season in 2005. I despise the crappy culture this university has where no one is held accountable. McPhee permitted the disaster under andymac to develop and fester for four long losing seasons. Hell we even had boosters unhappy that andymac was fired when he was! One upset booster, it was said, bitterly told one MT 'slappy' after mccollum was fired that "he hoped the MT 'slappy' was happy"

Here we are, working on a third straight losing season under Stock, and there's enough evidence that he needs to go, but Massaro and McPhee are quiet as church mice about this burning sh*t pile of an football program.

Reactions: MTTim and arg3b
Did Boots fire Andy Mac or was that Massacre, I mean Massaro? Funny, I’m a Father Ryan alum and MT alum and both are crap programs, but I definitely don’t blame boots. Just an association

was thinking who was worse andy Mac or stock for the program. Bottom line is both served a purpose but both over stayed their usefulness. Longevity vs sustainability At least with new coach’s you get a breath of fresh air. This nightmare of mediocrity is never ending.

Did Boots fire Andy Mac or was that Massacre, I mean Massaro? Funny, I’m a Father Ryan alum and MT alum and both are crap programs, but I definitely don’t blame boots. Just an association
Boots tried to fire Andy but 7-wood fired Boots instead and kept Andy another few seasons.

UCONN could've beaten us tonight. What's going to be bad is they may get their only win this year against us.
If it serves the purpose of getting Massaro and McPhee off the dime and relieving us of the Stockstill regime this year, I'm okay with with that and Ls the rest of the way, as long as this is Stockstill's last season.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
”We were terrible offensively," Stockstill said. We couldn't protect (and) we couldn't run the ball. They physically whipped us up front. They manhandled us. We've got to get a lot better offensively."

Polly and Mallory…………..one needs to go back to NAIA and the other to retirement.

Last edited:
Rasul is not a D1 RB. I cannot believe Mobley didn’t carry on that 4th and 1. How these coaches continue to go with rasul baffles me. He is undersized and has zero ability to create with his feet. Pettaway and Mobley are clearly our best backs anyone can see this. How is our coaching staff so STUpId ?
Mobley was out due to COVID protocol, along with DQ and Jaylin Lane…supposedly 4-5 others.

Boots tried to fire Andy but 7-wood fired Boots instead and kept Andy another few seasons.
Actually, Massaro fired Andy one year after boots got the ax. Massaro came in in 05 and fired Andy at the end on 05.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT