ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-1) vs UTSA(2-2) (Blackout Game) (CBSSN), 6:30PM, Friday, September 30, 2022

Anybody see the coaches talking at the end of the game? Stock was very dramatically shaking his head saying NO, but Traylor was just talking to him. Seemed odd to me.

Announced crowd was 15,020 today (nowhere near that in the stands). After the. biggest win in school history? Yikes.

Anyone remember when the NCAA made a threat to FBS schools they were to reach a minimum yearly average of 15k fans a game or risk losing status? Is that still a thing?

Anyone remember when the NCAA made a threat to FBS schools they were to reach a minimum yearly average of 15k fans a game or risk losing status? Is that still a thing?
It’s not a threat, it’s the rule, the 15k every two years or something I think. But it’s paid attendance. So schools like us, EMU, UMass, etc. can get corporate purchases of $1 tickets and easily make the requirement

Really hits you being in the stands - a lot of our guys just do not look like FBS builds. Compare them to even UTSA and they look outmatched everywhere

I said the same thing in an earlier post. Most of our guys do not physically look what a FBS team should look like.

UTSA players looked bigger, stronger, faster, more physically developed.

UTSA players look like college football players, our guys look like high schools kids.

We have a couple of guy - Jaylin Lane, a couple of DLs that look the part. But I’m not sure that a large portion of this roster are guys that would find themselves on other FBS rosters if not for MT’s offers.

Watched game in the stands. 1st half takes, defense totally overwhelmed. Appeared to be playing zone, & UTSA's simple slant passes were wide open all night killing us. Harris was excellent. There OC out coached our DC which surprised me, they made Miami look like a junior varsity & we were sleep walking on D. 2nd half, D woke up & played with more pride. 3 2nd half picks including the pick 6's to close gap, wow. Bottom line we were superior team last week, but not this week. I'm not mad at the kids, they fought hard especially 2nd half, but Cunningham had zero opportunity to go deep. Ran for his life all night. They were just better everywhere from kick off to final horn.

I don't think anyone had us down as winning this one. UTSA is just loaded. There is not a team in CUSA that can or will box with them. WKU maybe but their D can lock down the air raid. We had our chances even with the first half debacle. The reffing didn't help either. We didn't get blown out and that says a lot to me. It's a Stockstill team. It is what it is.

Reactions: Hop45 and MTOleBlue
The fact that Floyd was not "filled" at this point should tell those in charge, that the casual fan is not buying any hype whether justified or not. MT has no credibility in trying to hype attendance for a 'big' or 'important' game. Too much water has flowed under that bridge. Nobody is buying what MT football is selling while Stockstill is at the helm.
I’m coming to WKU game for three reasons:
1) Memphis is @ East Carolina
2) 2:30 kickoff and Alabama @ UTK will probably be prime time on ESPN that night.
3) I’m “train wreck” curious to see if the folks from Bowling Green takeover Floyd and outnumber us at our Homecoming. 😂

The fact that Floyd was not "filled" at this point should tell those in charge, that the casual fan is not buying any hype whether justified or not. MT has no credibility in trying to hype attendance for a 'big' or 'important' game. Too much water has flowed under that bridge. Nobody is buying what MT football is selling while Stockstill is at the helm.
Don't tell Jeff Murphy or Dwight Smith that. LOL. They are dillusional.

I saw our players play with great effort until the final whistle. I saw a blatant safety that was called down. Conference USA has the worst officials I have ever seen. They look lost much of the time. Both teams saw horrible calls against them. Our offensive line was man handled all night. Chase ran for his life and ended up on his back much of the night. I am of the mind set that if we do not start winning championship’s a couple years post new facilities then I am done. I have been to UTSA and they have world class facilities for athletes and we are so Far behind due to bad decisions by the administration we can’t possibly attract a kid here based on the current situation. No matter how bad we want people fired it will not happen. We shall see what new facilities do for this program. I hate it for our current players. They worked hard last night and the other games. I will say that we had zero defensive answer last night for slant route. New facilities had better give us an upgrade in recruiting as well. I am still shocked that a walk on QB can do what he does with zero on the O line. On to UAB!

Reactions: RaiderDeez
"That's what's going to make us a team," Bracy said of the need to respond. "First week, we didn't play well against JMU. Next week, you've seen what our team did. Don't be surprised when we go out and show improvement next week."

I get that he's saying that they'll correct mistakes before next week, but the sentiment drives me crazy. It's OK if we lose a game if we win the next one. How about you win this one AND the next one.

And I pray that "left it all on the field" doesn't become the new "competed."

Meanwhile…….over in The Hale Hole on Jefferson St., Eddie George and 0-4 TSU lose to little Lane College out of Jackson, TN 28-27. 😂
So, blown out by JMU while looking completely ill prepared. Then easily beat one of the worst teams in FBS. Blew out one of the worst teams in FCS. Handily beat a usually power elite team that is currently sleep walking, lethargic, unmotivated, and the rest of college football is just now figuring out they are not that good this year. Then whooped in conference opener for a big letdown after hopes were somewhat raised.

Poor attendance despite huge national and local media coverage.

SOS - - Same Old Sh*+ Stock

So, blown out by JMU while looking completely ill prepared. Then easily beat one of the worst teams in FBS. Blew out one of the worst teams in FCS. Handily beat a usually power elite team that is currently sleep walking, lethargic, unmotivated, and the rest of college football is just now figuring out they are not that good this year. Then whooped in conference opener for a big letdown after hopes were somewhat raised.

Poor attendance despite huge national and local media coverage.

SOS - - Same Old Sh*+ Stock
I'm not sure they didn't have their signals to know what they were about to do. They aren't that good of a staff and they perfectly countered Miami, just like GT and they had GT's signals.

ADVERTISEMENT