ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Vandy/WKU game last night

bigbadjohn45

All American
Jul 9, 2010
Can't stand either one of them, but I did watch it out of interest as both of them are our opponents this season. I thought Vandy's defense looked pretty good, but their offense was pretty inefficient. Their quarterback threw two interceptions in the end zone that killed scoring opportunities, and they also missed a chip-shot field goal attempt early in the game.

Meanwhile, WKU looked very out of kilter until late in the game (probably first-game jitters) when they scored two touchdowns.

Frankly, I thought Vandy probably outplayed them but beat themselves on turnovers and dropped passes.

Your thoughts?

I said this in another thread but Vandy's qb is awful. He threw two picks in the endzone and Western dropped another pick on Vandy's scoring drive. I think with our upgraded secondary we can make Vandy one dimensional. Western is still a dangerous team. Doughty is the real deal and so is their tight end. I dont think they will be able to stop us so we might have another shootout on our hands

The biggest thing I took away was that Vandy's OL is just ineffective.

They got no push vs WKU's DL, and never got into the second level. Most of the time, the Vandy RB's had no place to go.

WKU's defense is not known to be a strong point of that team, so we should have a big advantage there.

We'll have to watch their QB, because while he's not scary through the air, he can rip off a few runs that could hurt.

Personally I was hoping Vanderbilt would beat WKU only for the benefit of MT. How I see it is a sellout for Floyd if they travel well. I don't see the Vandy faithful traveling at all for this with this loss.

Mason is gone. Wouldn't be surprised if he is let go mid season. Queue the painters for their coach's mural.

I didn't watch the game but thanks to all providing a recap. Sounds like they both had a lot of rust.

You're welcome, JDB.

As for Mason being "gone," this certainly doesn't help his cause, but he's still got 11 more games to redeem himself (although I'll admit his prospects don't look good as they wade into their $EC schedule).

Regarding how Vandy's loss might affect a potential sell-out of our upcoming game with them, I think if the weather's good, our chances are still good of FINALLY getting our first sell-out. At least I hope so....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT