ADVERTISEMENT

UConn has a new coach - what about us?

If stacking years to your TN Consolidated Retirement Account for .500 performance is the main goal then it is definitely “mission accomplished”. The top two over 60 guys have accumulated 16 seasons of retirement contributions and a record of 99-98 together. Roommates for life!

The other two have a combined 18 and 17 seasons, respectively after 9 seasons together at Memphis and another 9 and 8 seasons, respectively at good old Middle TN with combined records at each school of 140-150 and 132-145.
Can’t make this stuff up. This is unheard of in college coaching except at MT.
It’s past time to retire and move on. Thank you for your service.

Edit: I forgot to include the one season stops at UTK and UTC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hop45
And now Hugh Freeze has a new contract for $4M per year. That’s a lot of money, but he did put the program on the map. Just not sure it’s sustainable for him to win. Looking at his history he hasn’t produced consistently

And now Hugh Freeze has a new contract for $4M per year. That’s a lot of money, but he did put the program on the map. Just not sure it’s sustainable for him to win. Looking at his history he hasn’t produced consistently
it will be hard for him to maintain at LU, just because of the culture.

it will be hard for him to maintain at LU, just because of the culture.
I don’t think it will be hard for them to maintain. Will they be a top 25 team every year? No. Will they be bowling with a championship every few years? Yes. Everyone that thinks they’re done when Willis leaves but they are forgetting Liberty got Kaidon Salter to transfer in from Tennessee. They’ve got another version of Willis redshirting for next year.

I don’t think it will be hard for them to maintain. Will they be a top 25 team every year? No. Will they be bowling with a championship every few years? Yes. Everyone that thinks they’re done when Willis leaves but they are forgetting Liberty got Kaidon Salter to transfer in from Tennessee. They’ve got another version of Willis redshirting for next year.
Looks to me like they want to be another Notre Dame and/or BYU.

Looks to me like they want to be another Notre Dame and/or BYU.

perhaps. BYU, Liberty, and NMSU are all going from independent to being in a conference. Not many independents left

What about us? We don't get new things unless things really, and I mean REALLY get bad.

Yeah I’m a little surprised he went there. I thought he might want a better school.

Skippy Holtz out at Redneck Tech 64-49 career record, which exceeds our coach that is WAY past his departure date. Again, how can the MT administration read headlines about coaches that are better than Stock, getting fired and not feel pressure to at least reconsider their approach?

Skip 64-49 > Stuckstill 99-98

Sonny Cumbie named LaTech new head coach. The conference is putting together quite a notable list of head coaches. Almost sounds like other teams care about winning championships. Hmmm.
Winning is all fine and good, but we COMPETE at MT! Win or lose, it doesn't matter if you don't compete.

• Haha
Reactions: RaiderDeez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT