ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Only 1 from cusa.

Memphis draws FAU at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH. Last time I watched games there in 2012, Belmont lost to Georgetown for the 2nd time and Memphis lost the 2nd game to St.Louis.

I flew back with several coaches and a player by chance last night. We have 6 regular players injured and the CBI was out of the question. Plus we do not win much in the road. If that does not change next season we will give coach a raise.

Penny lost control of his team there at the end. Interesting teamwork Memphis.

😂😂😂
LMAO

memphis gonna memphis

fun times reading the melt down

Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

FAU has a really good shot to make a run and, in turn, more money for us haha. Since they're on their way out doesn't all units earned go to the conference and remaining members?
Every game they win means more money for us. They are playing for free this year.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
FAU just got gifted a sweet 16 at least. Hopefully they make a run so we can benefit.

I did want to share why an FAU run is beneficial to CUSA 4.0. I posted this on the CUSA forum.

This years units will be roughly 375-400k per game played in. So an appearance in the Sweet 16 would provide the conference an additional 1.125 to 1.2 million per year for six years. Since FAU is moving to the AAC they will not be entitled to any of that. So we all should be MASSIVE FAU fans. A run to the Final Four (where units are capped) would be worth 1.875 to 2 million.

We get it. This has happened before.

I did want to share why an FAU run is beneficial to CUSA 4.0. I posted this on the CUSA forum.

This years units will be roughly 375-400k per game played in. So an appearance in the Sweet 16 would provide the conference an additional 1.125 to 1.2 million per year for six years. Since FAU is moving to the AAC they will not be entitled to any of that. So we all should be MASSIVE FAU fans. A run to the Final Four (where units are capped) would be worth 1.875 to 2 million.

Purdue beats themselves in the tournament. They’ve lost to a 13,15,16 the last three seasons.
The 15-seed they lost to was in the Sweet 16. Not like they lost in first round all three of those times.

Congrats to FAU! You have to wonder if we make that layup with 3 sec to go if they even make the tournament…..,,, we were so close.

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Man that FDU/FAU game was fantastic. Little Ole Farliegh is super fun to watch with the speed they have. Glad more $ for CUSA but also was pulling a bit for the little guy.

Reactions: blue rai
Interesting to note that almost all the at large bids to the tournament went to power 5 schools based on strength of schedule. 50% of the final 16 teams are from non power 5 conferences. Should they decide to expand the tournament they will just add more power 5 teams and continue to rig the system,…they should limit each conference to a max of 4 teams in. This would make for an even better tournament but would never happen in a million years Because more of the money would go to the so-called non power 5 conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT