ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Only 1 from cusa.

Great season for FAU and Cusa! Sorry to see them go but we will certainly enjoy spending all the money that they are leaving on the table. I think final 4 money is paid out to the conference over 5 yrs? Hope they win the National Championship!

Great season for FAU and Cusa! Sorry to see them go but we will certainly enjoy spending all the money that they are leaving on the table. I think final 4 money is paid out to the conference over 5 yrs? Hope they win the National Championship!
6yrs. This year is worth around $333k for each credit (raises about 3% each year) FAU has achieved 5 credits, the max as you don't get credits for the Final.

We are still getting paid for
2022 UAB - 1 credit
2021 UNT - 2 credits
2020 cancelled - no credits
2019 ODU - 1 credit
2018 Marshal - 2 credits
2017 MTSU - 2 credits

It's a really convoluted system. So for this year we get paid for the previous 6yrs. 8 credits avg $300k means $2.4m to the conference. Next year 2017 will fall off and 2023 will be added so it becomes 11 credits at $3.3m.

If I understand right. Different articles word it different ways and use different numbers but pretty sure this is right. If someone else finds otherwise, feel free to call me out.

The units are going to be valued at about $340,000 - maybe a little higher - this year. That’s about $8.1M for the league for the next six years.

It will actually be more than that because Final Four and national title appearances have premiums. I’m pretty sure the units aren’t calculated the same at this point.

The thing that’s frustrating to watch about FAU doing this is we had a couple of teams capable of doing the same. Certainly the senior years for Giddy and Reggie. Just didn’t work out for us. Perhaps some bad matchups. I thought the Tenn game was a bad match up for FAU, but they found a way.

Am I correct in assuming that all the teams that are leaving get nothing and the remaining teams split what’s left? Hoot Hoot for the owls!

Am I correct in assuming that all the teams that are leaving get nothing and the remaining teams split what’s left? Hoot Hoot for the owls!
Correct. It's based on conference by-laws on how it is distributed of course but they won't get anything from their current run. But they should benefit from Houston the last few years, then Houston will benefit from K St, TX, etc.

So what do we do with the extra cash?

Does this go to the salaries of sleepy Rick, SM, CM, students, or does this go to the build back blue that should have been done 10 years ago?

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315

Shows you exactly why the corrupt committee puts so many undeserving "P6" teams in the tournament. Also, it's why they put mid major against each other in the first round as much as they can to eliminate one of them. Money

So what do we do with the extra cash?

Does this go to the salaries of sleepy Rick, SM, CM, students, or does this go to the build back blue that should have been done 10 years ago?
Maybe Judy can buy a bigger Tonka toy with the extra cash. May go shopping for new drapes for the basketball tournament.

Maybe Judy can buy a bigger Tonka toy with the extra cash. May go shopping for new drapes for the basketball tournament.
I'd rather it be spent on research to find a new basketball tournament venue. The curtain has got to go.

Reactions: MTTim
I am not saying I wouldn't have loved to keep him, but I am just not as high on him as some others are. I think he has a very high ceiling, but his floor is also lower than I like. I just think he is way too inconsistent. In my opinion King would have been a bigger loss.

T was great with the block on one end, followed by an oop on the other end. other than that, not so much that he can't be replaced. He does still have TONS of potential, but not there yet.

Reactions: MTFAN61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT