ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting quote from Calipari

MidTennMtneer

All American
Nov 13, 2013
So as we all know he just left UK. Found this article with a very interesting quote that kind of reminded me of some things here and thought it would create a good discussion as to what an admin needs to do to support. Have we changed? CDM already has more resources than CRS. Collective, bigger social media presence, more community engagement (would Stock have done that if the admin pushed for it?). Is the Spring Game being back more D Mase or the admin? Does McD have all he needs?

The more I see, the more I truly believe a lot of things have come from McP and CM has been hamstrung. Is he still?

Let's talk.

....Calipari doubled down on his disconnect with the Kentucky athletic administration during his meeting with the local media. While considering the position, he asked his friend Kelvin Sampson about Arkansas athletic director Hunter Yurachek. The two previously worked together at Houston. Sampson provided a glowing review to Calipari.
“That got me to where I had to listen (to Arkansas’ offer), because I’m gonna say it again. Basketball coaches win games. Administrations win championships. You know why? Because they want to and it’s important to them.”...

Basketball coaches win games. Administrations win championships. You know why? Because they want to and it’s important to them.”...
All you have to do is look at the sad shape our men's revenue sports are in, to know why there is no championship culture for those sports. Smith, McPhee, and Massaro.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT