ADVERTISEMENT

No Transfer Runningbacks

FootballKuato

Blue Raider
Aug 3, 2018
MTSU football has three scholarship players, two walk-ons opt out of 2020 season

After reading this article today I'm shocked that at least one of the two new transfer RB's didn't opt to play. I get the health reasons and I don't fault them for that but usually if you're transferring this late in your football career you're trying to get some reps/film with the possibility of playing in the League or getting a graduate degree in a highly reputable academic program.

They have a great opportunity to separate themselves from one another by having at least one guy play and having 2021 to finish strong. Now we got two guys riding pine with even less experience in the system (and football). I wish them the best but usually this is how guys end up getting injured when they comeback after a long hiatus, hopefully they don't waste the remaining college career.

I would bet $200.00 right now we'll never see them suit up as a Blue Raider. Where else could they go and be healthier than being with the team right now? They spray everything down, test daily, have great nutrition and also have doctors at their beck and call. Now those kids can't even be in the same building as the team because they will be considered not safe for the rest of the team. They just didn't want to play. Stock himself said they have to take care of themselves because he can't be in physical contact with them now. They didn't lose any eligibility so they can sit out and hit the portal. That's gonna be their move.

They will be getting a free education courtesy of the BRAA in the mean time. That's a dirty move if they bounce before next season. They should have to reimburse expenses if they never play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT