ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL It’s crazy but hear me out.

Sommy

All Conference
Aug 2, 2001
It’s the offseason and it’s really slow, but what about this.

Bill Belichick is still unemployed and his prospects look very limited. He’s old which doesn’t help his resume. He was born in Nashville, has a house in Franklin and his girlfriend is from Brentwood. He spends time here and I’m sure he would like to keep coaching.

If he remains unemployed after the NFL positions are filled, what if MT just made a call to gauge his interest in some sort of consulting role with the team. Obviously it would be on his terms, but if he wanted to stay around football, maybe it is worth a call just to see. Whatever He wants to do would be a win for the university. I would think we could line up some donors that would pay him a nice little sum, but it might also allow him to scratch the football itch, while being in his own backyard and a low level of commitment.

If I am Massaro, I at least make the call if in 1-2 months he is unemployed. Nothing to lose. By the way, I would consider doing that with Jeff Fisher as well. Both guys have made their money, so I can’t imagine they are looking for millions.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTFAN61 and Hop45
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT