ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Louisiana Tech (ASN), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 24

I have a young relative who is "friends" with a huge (to me) group of friends from high school, his church when growing up, Boy Scouts, college, and previous work experiences. This is especially true if these "friends" are socially elite or have been successful. Something he learned (?) early on about "contacts" and "networks". Don't know how much that has helped his career but it has done a lot for his social life.

All that said, it seems that coaches who desire to stay in the profession tend to make as many "friends" as possible. Never know when you will be either looking for a new job or for an assistant. Definitly easier to keep in contact with today's social media. I am acquainted a high school coach who keeps in regular contact with dozens of "friends" he has made in the profession. Never know when you will need them.
Football is a "network based profession." Sometimes, it's more about you who you know than what you know. Considering it is a "high stakes job", you want people who you are close to you on your staff - not those who will turn on you the first chance they get

Another beatdown. Game over before halftime. This is how we show up anytime we play any team with a pulse.

Shoot, Man. Dang ol' groundhog day...two weeks ago. Deja Vu.

latest

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I gotta say that I'm close to being done with this. I care too much and it's just silly to root for a team that does nothing but lays eggs when it matters. Just tired of the constant disappointment and I've been a diehard. I have over a decade of history with this board to prove that but this is just pathetic.

I keep wondering if we are this bad. Should technically lose to Illinois and Vandy, but we hung in there with Alabama. This is bad. Our receivers and running backs get drilled constanly because the D knows what is coming.

I don't blame Franklin315 for liking Memphis. They are undefeated. They are going for their second kick butt season in a row. I can't blame people for liking a successful team. Wish we knew how to perform like that.

Reactions: ToddMalone
I'm not one to call for coaches heads but something has to be done. It may have to start with a new AD and trickle down from there. I just can't believe we are stuck with this for at least 6 more years.

It's painful listening to Chip. Sorry, but he is awful. That other dude for color is worse. So ready for this one to be done. Arrrrgh.

I don't blame Franklin315 for liking Memphis. They are undefeated. They are going for their second kick butt season in a row. I can't blame people for liking a successful team. Wish we knew how to perform like that.

It took a complete purge of the Athletic Dept. and it started with West in '09. He didn't see it coming and his rant afterwards made it evident. He should have been cut loose in '06 after going 2-10, 1-7 in a weak C-USA.

I agree about the coaching staff. I just don't have anything good to say. No heart or plan. I sound terrible but this is awful.

However, I think I'll save my money and not renew my season tix next year. I'm about there now.

Can we rent a plane to fly near campus the morning of the Marshall game like the Miami fans have been doing lol

Well his Maddenesque "We need to get points here" commentary is amazing. SMH
LatTech gets it back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT