FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Louisiana Tech (ASN), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 24

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Game thread, links are a work in progress:

Where: Joe Aillet Stadium, 1450 West Alabama Avenue, Ruston, LA 71272

Television: American Sports Network (affiliates) (MyTV30/WUXP -comcast 14/1014, WTVC-2 in Chattanooga; DirecTV: Channel 30; Dish: Channel 30; AT&T U-Verse: Channel 30), Play-by-Play: Jeff McGarragher, Color Analyst: Michael Young, Sideline: Monica McNutt

Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1), PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Chris Johnson

Streaming: Live Audio/Live Streaming

Live Stats:
Game Tracker

Newspapers: Monroe Newsstar, , Shreveport Times,

Message Boards: Bleed Tech Blue, Bulldog Barks & Bytes

Blogs: LaTechReport.com, Newsstar blog,

Athletic site:
latechsports.com, latech Game Day Central, GoBlueRaiders.com, gbr - game day central

Media Guides: Latech, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Louisiana Tech (Orlando Sentinel #43), Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #53)

Game Notes:
Latech Game Notes, MT Game Notes, CUSA Game Notes

Roster: Bulldogs, Blue Raiders

Game Previews:
GoMiddle.com - MT @ LaTech

Twitter: LaTechSports, @LATechFB , @LaTechReport, @BleedTechBlue,

Hashtags: #WeAreLATech, #BulldogCountry, #BeatMT, #MTvsLATech,

Facebook: LatechAthletics,

Youtube: LAtechAthletics,

Instagram:
LATechSports

Last edited:
This is actually a game we could win because of La. Tech's terrible passing defense. It'll come down to our offensive line play, which I wouldn't bank on. My guess is they will get dominated up front and we'll lose. But if the OL does show up, and assuming everyone else does their usual job, then we can win.

La. Tech is in a similar situation as we were last week, coming off losing 3 consecutive swing games all of which were close contests and all of which they probably thought they should win. They are demoralized, but also probably pissed off and wanting to kill somebody. I could see us winning this game but at the same time I could also see us getting clobbered. We all know how our last "performance" on the road against a CUSA team went. Judging by La. Tech's game @ WKU the two teams are pretty similar, and judging our game @ WKU I'd say probably not very similar.....

Oh well. WKU aint losing anyway so not sure the meaning of this game to begin with.

They are giving us a lot more respect than we have earned in my opinion. It should be a good game. I hope it will be. I'd be a happy camper if we pulled it off.

Last edited:
So do we all agree this is a must win?

We have to find a way to go 4-1 which means we have to win at least one swing game.

It's must win to me if I want to stomach the board. Cusa has so many contracts this year we could go 3-2 and still make one. That would probably make things around here worse though. So yeah. They are all must win...

Reactions: THEBLUERAIDER
I think it's a must win for a few reasons:
1) as much as our coaches and administrators tout being being bowl eligible, a 5th loss would leave us with very little room for error, and that much closer to not being the mediocre "bowl eligible" that we like to tout each year
2) we have one of if. Not the highest paid coach in the conference at some point we have to beat a good team
3) it's a long shot but we still have a chance to win the division title. A loss here pretty much eliminates that
4) after giving away games vs Vandy and Illinois and getting smoked by the goats us die hard fans need a break and deserve a good win to cheer about
5) this isn't little league at some point just competing can't be good enough.
6) to be considered a good team at some point you have to beat a good team. Here is a perfect opportunity.

Well guys there's one promising thing about this game, they won't have me following them on the road. Every road game I have (all of them this season) been at has been a loss. Maybe my absence will change up the mojo and they'll bring home a win. I think this still a loss, but I hope not.

excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders travel to Joe Aillet Stadium to take on the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs in College Football action this Saturday afternoon.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders improved to 3-4 (2-1 C-USA East) after defeating the Florida International Golden Panthers 42-34 this past Saturday. The Blue Raiders outgained the Golden Panthers by a 461-346 margin and was 7 for 11 on 3rd downs in the victory. Leading the way for Middle Tennessee was RB Desmond Anderson who had 144 yards and 3 TD on 29 carries. On the season, Middle Tennessee has averaged 37.3 ppg on 443.9 yards (300.6 yards, 143.3 rushing). Leading the way for the Blue Raiders has been Brent Stockstill who has completed 67.0% of his passes for 2064 yards (294.9 yards per game), 16 TD and 4 INT. Jordan Parker (67 carries, 334 yards, 4 TD) and Desmond Anderson (48 carries, 334 yards, 4 TD) have led the rushing attack for Middle Tennessee. The Blue Raiders have some great players at WR and are led by Richie James (55 receptions, 692 yards, 3 TD) and Ed’Marques Batties (51 receptions, 579 yards, 9 TD). Defensively, Middle Tennessee is allowing their opponents to average 28.7 ppg on 394.0 yards per game (255.4 passing, 138.6 rushing). The Blue Raiders have committed 15 turnovers on the season but still have a plus 1 turnover margin. Leading the way for the Middle Tennessee defense has been LB T.T. Barber (46 Tackles, 3 Sacks) and DB Kevin Byard (45 Tackles, 2 INT).

The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs couldn’t pull off the upset of the Mississippi State Bulldogs as they were defeated 45-20 this past Saturday and dropped to 5-2 (2-1 C-USA West). Louisiana Tech was outgained by a 440-413 margin and had trouble containing QB Dak Prescott of Mississippi State who had 347 yards and 4 combined TD’s in the victory. Leading the way for Louisiana Tech was WR Trent Taylor who had 130 yards and a TD on 10 receptions. On the season, Louisiana Tech is averaging 36.7 ppg on 482.1 yards per game (317.3 passing, 164.9 rushing). Leading the way offensively for Louisiana Tech has been QB Jeff Driskel who has completed 61.0% of his passes for 2115 yards, 13 TD and 4 INT. Driskel’s main target has been WR Trent Taylor who has 59 receptions for 764 yards and 5 TD’s. WR Paul Turner has also pitched in with 293 yards and 3 TD on 21 receptions. Leading the rushing attack has been Kenneth Dixon who had 6 TD and 583 yards on 95 carries. Defensively, Louisiana Tech is allowing their opponents to average 28.9 ppg on 372.1 yards per game (263.1 passing, 109 yards rushing). The Bulldogs currently have a 0 turnover margin on the season and have been led defensively by LB Beau Fitte (55 Tackles) and DL Vontarrius Dora (22 Tackles, 3.0 Sacks).

The Blue Raiders are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. win and 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games following an ATS loss. The Bulldogs are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. loss and 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games.

These are two high power offensives in which should be an exciting, high scoring game.....

I know it comes with the territory and Stock has been coaching a long time but geez does he consider every coach he has come in contact with a friend? lol
FYI: I'm not complaining just being silly

I have a young relative who is "friends" with a huge (to me) group of friends from high school, his church when growing up, Boy Scouts, college, and previous work experiences. This is especially true if these "friends" are socially elite or have been successful. Something he learned (?) early on about "contacts" and "networks". Don't know how much that has helped his career but it has done a lot for his social life.

All that said, it seems that coaches who desire to stay in the profession tend to make as many "friends" as possible. Never know when you will be either looking for a new job or for an assistant. Definitly easier to keep in contact with today's social media. I am acquainted a high school coach who keeps in regular contact with dozens of "friends" he has made in the profession. Never know when you will need them.

I agree I have pretty much every phone never of every coach I have coached with or against, but they arent all my "friends" This is probably also a testament to Stock's character that so many coaches in the profession have nothing but positives to say about him

goblueraiders.com:

Raiders, Bulldogs meet for first time since 2000

GAME INFORMATION
(FULL GAME NOTES)

(GAMEDAY CENTRAL)

Hashtag: #MTvsLATECH, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: MT_FB
Instagram: @MTAthletics
Facebook: Blue Raider Athletics

Game Captains: TE Terry Pettis, DT Shaquille Huff, LS William Eads

Date: Saturday, Oct. 24
Time: 2:36 PM
Teams: Middle Tennessee (3-4) vs LA Tech (4-3)
Stadium: Joe Aillet Stadium (28,019)
Weather Forecast: Scattered Showers, 82°
TV: American Sports Network
Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1)
Play-by-Play: Chip Walters
Analysis: Chris Johnson

Live Audio/Live Streaming | Live Stats

SERIES HISTORY
Overall: LA Tech leads 3-1
At Middle Tennessee: 1-1
At LA Tech: 0-2
At Neutral Site: 0-0
Rick Stockstill vs LA Tech: 0-0
Skip Holtz vs MT: 0-0
Last MT Win: 2000 (49-21)
Last LT Win: 1999 (42-18)