Murphy Center, but I thought it was a travesty that it wasn't a
home-and-home this year. I called the league when I saw it. I don't
think the league understood the best rivalry in the league is Middle
Tennessee and Western Kentucky in men's basketball. I think every year,
Western Kentucky and Middle should play home-and-home, no matter what
the conference outline is." .....

Kermit Davis discusses renewing WKU rivalry

TV, TV, TV!

Don't you know that athletic venues are now nothing but TV studios and games are set by the TV PTBs. And I'm afraid it'll only get worse.

My boys have a hoops game of their own at 1:00. Was supposed to bring last night, but got moved. Can't make WII game today.

Nm......thought game was Saturday. Will be there tomorrow!
This post was edited on 2/21 11:47 AM by Hop45

goblueraiders.com:

[/B]

[/B]

GAME INFORMATION
(FULL GAME NOTES)[/B]
Date: [/B]Sunday, Feb. 22
Time:[/B] [/B] 12 p.m. CT
Teams[/B]: WKU at Middle Tennessee
Arena: [/B]Murphy Center (11,520)
TV: [/B]FSN, Fox Sports South (locally - comcast 26/1676),
Talent: Ron Thulin & Mike Jarvis
Radio:[/B] [/B]WWMOT-FM (89.5), NewsRadio WGNS-AM/FM (1450/100.5/101.9), ESPN Nashville The Game (97.5/102.5)
Play-by-Play: [/B]Chip Walters
Color: [/B]Kyle Turnham

Twitter Updates:
@MT_MBB
Hashtags: #TRUEFamily / #BeatWKU / #MTBlueOut / #CUSAMBK

Live Stats

[/B]

MT hosts the Hilltoppers on FSN

excerpt:

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders and the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers face off on Sunday at the Murphy Center in Conference USA college basketball.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are 14-13 this season and they have lost five of their last seven games. MTSU is averaging 63 points and they are shooting 41.3 percent while defensively they are allowing 61.7 points and their opponents are shooting 43.3 percent. Reggie Upshaw Jr. leads the Blue Raiders averaging 10.3 points and 6.7 rebounds per game. Jacquez Rozier is averaging 7.5 points and 5.2 rebounds, Jaqawn Raymond is averaging 7.0 points, and Marcus Tarrance is
averaging 6.9 points. Middle Tennessee is 11-3 at home and 7-7 in Conference USA.

The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers are 16-9 this season and they have lost their last three games. WKU is averaging 72.8 points and they are shooting 43.2 percent while defensively they are allowing 67.8 points and their opponents are shooting 41.6 percent. T.J. Price leads the Hilltoppers averaging 17.7 points and 5.7 rebounds per game. George Fant is averaging 13.4 points and 8.6 rebounds, Chris Harrison-Docks is averaging 11.1 points, and Trency Jackson is averaging 10.2 points. Western Kentucky is 4-6 on the road and 9-4 in Conference USA.

Middle Tennessee is 14-4-1 against the spread in their last 19 home games, 1-6-1 against the spread in their last eight games, and 3-8-1 against the spread following a game that they covered the point spread. Western Kentucky is 4-11 against the spread in their last 15 road games, 12-5-1 against the spread following a loss, and 0-4 against the spread in their last four games. The underdog has covered the point spread in seven of the last 10 meetings of these two.

This post was edited on 2/21 9:07 PM by SpaceRaider

Probable starters

WESTERN KENTUCKY (16-9, 9-4)

DJ Clayton, G, 6-6 fr. (4.9 ppg, 2.7 rpg)
T.J. Price, G, 6-4 sr. (17.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg)
Trency Jackson, G, 6-2 r-sr. (10.2 ppg, 3 rpg)
George Fant, F, 6-6 sr. (13.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg)
Aleksej Rostov, F, 6-10 jr. (2.7 ppg, 2.6 rpg).

MIDDLE TENNESSEE (14-13, 7-7)

Giddy Potts, G, 6-2 fr. (6.3 ppg, 2.8 rpg)
Jaqawn Raymond, G, 6-4 jr. (7 ppg, 3.6 rpg)
Marcus Tarrance, G, 6-6 sr. (6.9 ppg, 2.4 rpg)
Darnell Harris, F, 6-8 jr. (6.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg)
Reggie Upshaw, F, 6-7 so. (10.3 ppg, 6.7 rpg).

This post was edited on 2/22 10:22 AM by SpaceRaider

Originally posted by MTFNBY5:
TV, TV, TV!

Don't you know that athletic venues are now nothing but TV studios and games are set by the TV PTBs. And I'm afraid it'll only get worse.
Works for me. I get to watch out in snowy, snowy Colorado.

I can't even stand to look at Ray Harper. I just want to spray him with a hose.

I keep waiting for that wad of chewing gum to come flying out of that belligerent mouth. I have NEVER seen a coach spend more time talking to officials that he does talking to his team.

Originally posted by BRaiderDave:
I keep waiting for that wad of chewing gum to come flying out of that belligerent mouth. I have NEVER seen a coach spend more time talking to officials that he does talking to his team.
well, it seemed to work. All three were bad, almost always the calls/no calls going their way, one ref was particularly bad in calling wku's way, he was calling like he had money on the toppers. I thought I was going to have a stroke over the officiating. Eight of nine now to the Raiders, and the hilltoppers have almost alway had the refs in their pockets. Hard to play five against eight and win that many. Kudos to the players, CKD, and staff.

excerpt:

...After the Blue Raiders beat Western Kentucky 68-66 at the Murphy Center, Davis was quick to point out the series record coming in was 92-37 in the Hilltoppers' favor.

"There's been a lot of red-towel wavin' over the last 100 years," Davis said.

MTSU has reversed its fortune in the series in recent years by winning eight of the last nine meetings, including three straight.

The series took a one-year break last season with Middle moved on to Conference USA and WKU still in the Sun Belt Conference. Now that the programs are league foes once again, the Blue Raiders picked up where they left off.

"I love rivalry games," Davis said. "Everywhere I've been, I don't think you take them too lightly. I think it's of great importance. It's only one game in the conference stats, but it means a lot to our fans."

The win meant a lot to MTSU's players as well, even if most of them didn't have previous experience with the rivalry. Davis said earlier in the week he had just two players who'd even suited up against WKU.

"To be new to this rivalry and come out with a win my first time was definitely a moment I won't forget," MTSU sophomore forward Reggie Upshaw said. "It's intense. It's special. All we heard all week was, 'Beat WKU, beat WKU.' " .....

This post was edited on 2/22 7:31 PM by SpaceRaider

MT turning tide in once-lopsided rivalry

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT