ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(1-1) vs Duke(1-1), Black Out Game, (Stadium on Facebook), 6PM, Saturday, 9/14/2019

The lack of any pass rush whatsoever is quite alarming. We didn't have a sack against TSU. I left at halftime but I don't think we had any in the first half. If we don't get this corrected, our secondary will be exposed every single game.
I hung around until the final 8:00 min. mark but nothing else happened in my walk to the car. A lot of folks bailed at halftime. Can’t blame them after a 31-3 start.

I'm out. We are about to get blown out at home as 6 point dogs. Biggest joke of a defensive game plan I have ever seen. Exact same crap we tried to do against Michigan and Tn St. and we thought it would work against Cutcliffe and Duke? LOL. Man coverage on every down with random blitzing is not going to work against a team like this. This is not 2013. Braindead idiot their interior linemen are just dominating the game you have to bring in more and bigger DL and have more gap integrity

Yall have fun with this one.

i could've swore, i said this defense wasn't good and giving up too many yards a again. with small D line, there is 1A school here in GA bigger than that

See all of you next year. I will continue to support the team because I am a real fan, but I hope most of you leave for good. Bye.

See all of you next year. I will continue to support the team because I am a real fan, but I hope most of you leave for good. Bye.

Now wait a minute. You can be a fan and not like what’s going on. I’ve put time, energy, and money in this program and most of these other guys have also. This is the place to vent. It’s not like anything can or will be done to get us in a better spot as a program.

The OL couldn't even slow the Duke DL down! How the hell was Asher supposed to go through progressions? He had zero time! That kind of stupid analysis is enough to say time for a change at HC.

The OL couldn't even slow the Duke DL down! How the hell was Asher supposed to go through progressions? He had zero time! That kind of stupid analysis is enough to say time for a change at HC.

It's almost like he has an axe to grind. Always back handed comments. Dude sets a record and has some serious numbers against Tn St. and he could hardly compliment him. Then on the other side you hear the Tn St. coach saying that "#10 was the difference" and giving mad props.

If his name was Brent I'm sure he would be singing a different tune.

We are bad on both sides of the ball, and special teams isn't doing so hot either. There were multiple casual observers in Facebook, literally soccer moms and soccer dads from Duke, commenting that our offense looks like that of a high school team. So embarassing.

When you look at the play design and execution from Duke, it's literally night and day. There's really not much else to say. They were better in every single facet of the game, literally every one. And while Duke is expected to be the better team, it shouldn't be a total domination like it was. The spread was less than a touchdown because there was the expectation it would be a competitive game. It was anything but that.

This is a bad team and nobody is convincing me otherwise. Just another classic Stockstill 6ish win team. Same ole' song and dance.

Last edited:
The OL couldn't even slow the Duke DL down! How the hell was Asher supposed to go through progressions? He had zero time! .....

This. The O linemen out there looked like matadors side stepping the charging bulls. Wes Counts said something on the radio broadcast to the effect that this team is built for cusa play. Even in cusa play our line never has been a good line. How many years have they struggled to protect a MT starting qb or open holes for MT running backs? Our lines are always small, light, and weak, in comparison to our opponents, be they P5 or conference usa. HELL! They struggled against fcs competition last week.

I stayed til 3:00 to go. No excuses but let me say this.... Duke is a very good team and is extremely well coached. They know who they are and they are deadly. Look what Cut did with Tee Martin. This kid they have at QB is a better passer and way smarter than Martin was. I have Duke winning the Coastal division. It's between them and Virginia. I think they are a better team than Michigan. UM is way overrated. Duke is a solid team. They just didn't make mistakes and their OL is great. They have not given up a sack all year including the Bama game. We didn't tackle at all nor did we block. It is what it is.

As far as what everyone else is doing in the league, Ohio, UMass, Ball State and Troy are not Duke, UM and Iowa. Not even close. Every team in our conference would lose to these teams we are playing. No one except maye Rice is playing a schedule like ours. Rice is playing Texas, Baylor, Army and Wake.That's a tough schedule.

We played like crap and was outcoached in every phase of the game. However, we will be battle tested for the league when the other teams won't be. I ain't mailing it in yet.

Reactions: Predarat
This. The O linemen out there looked like matadors side stepping the charging bulls. Wes Counts said something on the radio broadcast to the effect that this team is built for cusa play. Even in cusa play our line never has been a good line. How many years have they struggled to protect a MT starting qb or open holes for MT running backs? Our lines are always small, light, and weak, in comparison to our opponents, be they P5 or conference usa. HELL! They struggled against fcs competition last week.
I’ll watch the Iowa game on TV and then give them one more 4-hour block of my time for Marshall. If Stock craps the bed again against a top CUSA school at home then I’ll pack it in for the season. Yesterday’s first half was extremely disappointing.

All day long talk in and around our tailgate was everyone thought we would have a chance to win this game. Which I get. I mean we were only a touchdown dog to a P5.

But I kept telling everyone they had short memories and that every single time CRS has gone head to head against another head coach who is by and large considered a “good one” he gets outclassed and out coached. I will tell you when this game was over. It was over the moment Cutcliffe walked out of the tunnel and put his foot on the turf.

I do agree they were better than us but we made their QB who may one day be a good one look like Tom Brady. We made their DL look like Lawrence Taylor. We made Duke look a lot better than they were. We most certainly didn’t compete nor have a good plan on either side. And then Cut’s game day management made our staff look like pop warner coaches who showed up after working on the construction site all day.

It's almost like he has an axe to grind. Always back handed comments. Dude sets a record and has some serious numbers against Tn St. and he could hardly compliment him. Then on the other side you hear the Tn St. coach saying that "#10 was the difference" and giving mad props.

If his name was Brent I'm sure he would be singing a different tune.

Stock seems to like QBs who read all their progressions . . . . and then get sacked

One of the worst coaching jobs I’ve ever seen

To not be looking for Cut calling an onside kick right after they marched down the field for their first score is an inexcusable lack of preparation. Everyone on our sideline should have been screaming for it. Changed the entire complexion of the game for the rest of the night.

We had no answer for the corner fade route in the southeast corner of the end zone. Three TD’s right in front of me. Our poor corner was abused last night.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Just to add to the party.
We were out manned at every position.
Not one ounce of NFL talent on either side.
We were out coached. I did not expect our 15 year prodigy to be able to match wits with an experienced coach like Cut.
A good crowd watched us lay another egg.
As bad as CUSA is we will be lucky to win three more games.
Bright spot is we haven't lost a step at QB.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
What stood out to me on the field was how small we are on the O-line, D-Line and LB...we have 265 lb guys playing on our Oline, I bet Oakland High has a bigger line. After 19 years of big boy FB I feel like we have gotten smaller. We just don't have the strength to beat a team like Duke if they don't make mistakes. And last night, they didn't make any.

Dasher still the QB that lead the Blue Raiders to their best season ever. Thought that would change after lil Stock, but it still stands! Don't see that changing this season either.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I have liked how we played so far this season, but I'm calling the laid egg against Duke and a "1-4" start to the season until Middle proves that this will be a special year.
Bump... Really hate to have been right on this. Let's hope for the upset against Marshall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT