ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(1-1) vs Duke(1-1), Black Out Game, (Stadium on Facebook), 6PM, Saturday, 9/14/2019

Not only that but given how good of a coach Cut is what UT missed out on as well with all the non-sense hires they made.

We seem to have had a lot of examples like this where we could have almost gotten the right person. Cut instead of McCollum? Can only imagine.

FWIW, that piece was written for the Tennessean.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTOleBlue
As far as ticket sales, I called the ticket office on Monday and had a hard time getting a group of 5 tickets in a row, granted that was on the home side and 5 in a row, but its a good sign. I asked how tickets were selling and he its been "really good" take that for what its worth, but I would expect 20-24K there.

I have liked how we played so far this season, but I'm calling the laid egg against Duke and a "1-4" start to the season until Middle proves that this will be a special year.

Not only that but given how good of a coach Cut is what UT missed out on as well with all the non-sense hires they made.

We seem to have had a lot of examples like this where we could have almost gotten the right person. Cut instead of McCollum? Can only imagine.

Anyone know what happened to Rexrode and why this Gentry Estes has replaced him as sports feature writer for The Tennessean?

Wasn't it down to McCollum and Rich Rod?

Wasn't it down to McCollum and Rich Rod?

It was three, Cutcliffe, Rodriguez, and mccollum...

I was always hearing that Cutcliffe's name was in just as a courtesy to Fowler. Apparently that was not the case. My suspicion, perhaps wrong(?) was that the fix was always in for mccollum, could be had cheaply, former Boots assistant, and crazy level of booster support.

Imagine if we had hired him... Man oh man.

There were rumors about trying to hire Cutcliff again when McCollum was fired but I heard he didn't want the job. He chose to return to Knoxville to be OC instead and wait for a better gig and ended up at Duke a few years later

Containing Jackson will be very key. We have good linebackers. Agree that this will be a shootout. It should be a great game to watch. Did you see where James showed up for the 49ers? Scored a big touchdown.

We should have 20k at least tonight, right? Hope the stadium is rocking...

We should have 20k at least tonight, right? Hope the stadium is rocking...
Talked to them yesterday and they said on track for the 2nd best ticket sales from last year. How many actually show up and walk ups will matter too though.

Talked to them yesterday and they said on track for the 2nd best ticket sales from last year. How many actually show up and walk ups will matter too though.
Sounds like more tailgating than last week. Hopefully that's a good sign. Also, hope we have more than 300 students in the stands.

Second straight week the 102.5 app and tune in app for the radio broadcast doesn’t work for me...

Go to Tune In, search MIddle Tennessee, click on the Duke - MT game, choose Middle Tennessee broadcast.

If you go straight to 102.5 or a specific channel for the game, it won’t work.

Reactions: BlueRaider0x0
Terrible angle from #42 Cody Smith on that TD. That should have been a TFL

Looks like one team came ready to play

And the other one didn't

Anyone wanna guess who is who?

I'm sorry but Desmond Anderson is not a Division 1 corner. It's going to be a long year if he's the best we can do there.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I'm out. We are about to get blown out at home as 6 point dogs. Biggest joke of a defensive game plan I have ever seen. Exact same crap we tried to do against Michigan and Tn St. and we thought it would work against Cutcliffe and Duke? LOL. Man coverage on every down with random blitzing is not going to work against a team like this. This is not 2013. Braindead idiot their interior linemen are just dominating the game you have to bring in more and bigger DL and have more gap integrity

Yall have fun with this one.

Last edited:
How is this possible? Literally EVERY SINGLE GAME that we've ever played under Stockstill like this has ended up the same way... total embarrassment. It's pathetic. He's such a crap coach. Outcoached on the first Duke kickoff... and defense getting destroyed.

They are huge up front. Men vs. boys.

And the onside kick got Stock to pouting on the sideline again. It’s early too.
He was just staring blankly at the field after the illegal formation penalty on the punt. Are you kidding me? Just done with the game already???

Looks like one team came ready to play

And the other one didn't

Anyone wanna guess who is who?
I don't know why I had any hope at all. This is just how Stockstill's teams function. And we're stuck with him. Makes me sick. I'd love to see us turn it around and come back for a huge, shocking win. But that's so unlikely... and we've seen this soooo many times...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT