ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(1-1) vs Duke(1-1), Black Out Game, (Stadium on Facebook), 6PM, Saturday, 9/14/2019

Biggest home game of the year and our coaches are getting schooled.......

How is this possible? Literally EVERY SINGLE GAME that we've ever played under Stockstill like this has ended up the same way... total embarrassment. It's pathetic. He's such a crap coach. Outcoached on the first Duke kickoff... and defense getting destroyed.

Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.

Why on earth are we calling runs up the middle when the OL can't compete with Duke's D-line? It hasn't worked at all, and now we're doing it multiple plays in a row?? What the heck

Yeah, once again I'm done with Rick Stockstill. Yet another embarrassment.

Oh you mean we play like crap for “the game that will bring everyone to the stadium to turn attendance around.” Never expected that.
I know, this is a complete shock. Never seen this before. Duke is a top 5 team clearly, we obviously had no chance with a team soooooooo much better than us... they are just too good, what can we say, oh well let's hope everyone comes back to suffer through more of this pain

I know, this is a complete shock. Never seen this before. Duke is a top 5 team clearly, we obviously had no chance with a team soooooooo much better than us... they are just too good, what can we say, oh well let's hope everyone comes back to suffer through more of this pain

Don’t worry bowl eligibility...

Rick's teams do the same every year - start slow, play vanilla in out of conference games then open the playbook to win conference games.

Well, that's one way to run off all the fans for the rest of the year. Our high school sized DL and front 7 as a whole was just D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-E-D. I honestly cannot remember the last time I have seen our defensive front 7 get beat so bad. We made zero adjustments of course.

You guys missed 2 great games between Ohio vs. Marshall and USM vs. Troy. CUSA won both of those games, of course.

Charlotte is a legit team, and will likely blow us out in Charlotte this year. Micaleous Elder, former MT commit from Blackman, is showing out as a true freshman already for Charlotte. Shocker.

USM appears worthy of all the pre-season hype. They handled Troy well enough as a 3 point dog, and Buster called a great game.

Every team that had a winnable game today in CUSA won, except us of course. Another shocker, right?

Wiley you gonna call in? I’m gonna listen on my drive back to Franklin. This oughta be good.

I honestly just don't care anymore dude. I'd rather watch the end of this Iowa vs. Iowa State game and FSU @ Virginia and get ready for TTU @ Arizona on the night kick. There is money to be made.

I'm really just ready for basketball season at this point with regards to MT. I have zero interest watching this MT football team for the rest of the year they will be LUCKY to win 6 games with this high school front 7 on defense and bowl eligibility just doesn't do it for me anymore man. I would honestly rather be 1-11 than 6-6 at this point...that's how fed up I am with this team, program, and it's results.

That radio show is just a bunch of senile Stockstill apologists anyway. I can literally already hear them without even turning the radio on....."We were just overmatched tonight. There's only so much you can expect when you are playing a big tough ACC foe. I thought we played well in the second half...blah blah blah"

Last edited:
I honestly just don't care anymore dude. I'd rather watch the end of this Iowa vs. Iowa State game and FSU @ Virginia and get ready for TTU @ Arizona on the night kick. There is money to be made.

I'm really just ready for football season at this point with regards to MT. I have zero interest watching this MT football team for the rest of the year they will be LUCKY to win 6 games with this high school front 7 on defense and bowl eligibility just doesn't do it for me anymore man. I would honestly rather be 1-11 than 6-6 at this point...that's how fed up I am with this team, program, and it's results.

I’m glad you have come to your senses about stock. I remember in the offseason you defended him.

I’m glad you have come to your senses about stock. I remember in the offseason you defended him.

I defended the fact that his coaching style has evolved, which it has admittedly. It's more aggressive, and we do play to win which is a welcome change. He was approaching games with a coaching philosophy going back to the 80's and 90's. That started to change around Brent's junior year.

It doesn't matter though. Our recruiting on the defensive side of the ball clearly hasn't been good enough. We have a high school sized front 7 and it finally showed once we played a good team. Michigan is not a good team. Michigan is garbage and will be exposed as such next week @ Wisconsin. They will lose multiple games in the Big 10, and should have lost to Army. Our performance in Ann Arbor was, as you would say, "Fool's gold"

It's going to be a long year with this trash front 7 and rigid play calling on defense. Our defense has regressed significantly under Schafer, which is surprising. Who really cares at this point. It will be a dog fight for 6 wins and another blow out loss in a bowl game to another G5 team or service academy. The season couldn't be more disinteresting going forward. I've read this book before. About 11 times. And I just don't care to do it anymore.

19,852. For a half.

Stock:
“They were just better than us.”
“Asher looking to run instead of going through his progressions.”
“Nothing different from what we’ve seen vs. Michigan”
“Next home game is a conference game, hope everybody will show up again.”

Reactions: MTOleBlue
What an awful game. Not surprised at all. Glad I am not committed to four more games of this garbage. Maybe 1 more, on a dismal November day, with 2348 others.

The lack of any pass rush whatsoever is quite alarming. We didn't have a sack against TSU. I left at halftime but I don't think we had any in the first half. If we don't get this corrected, our secondary will be exposed every single game.

19,852. For a half.

Stock:
“They were just better than us.”
Yes, yes they were. In particular against your high school front 7.
“Asher looking to run instead of going through his progressions.”
Oh rly? Kind of hard to go through your progressions when your OL can't block. Didn't you play QB?
“Nothing different from what we’ve seen vs. Michigan”
And you showed them nothing different from what they saw watching the Michigan tape either so why would anything need to change? Same result. An ass whooping.
“Next home game is a conference game, hope everybody will show up again.”
Yes, I'm sure everyone is so excited to watch the team struggle to 6-6 and get blown out in another bowl game against a fellow G5 program or service academy.

#delusional

Was he dogging Asher and giving more back handed compliments like after the Michigan & Tn St. games?

If I was Asher I would be injured for a week and let him play Cunningham, a non-mobile QB, who can "go through his progressions" behind this OL....

O'Hara is the only player keeping this pathetic team alive, albeit on life support.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT