ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL McDevitt has finally restored MTSU basketball's respectability

Too early for that article. This season has been fantastic and team is a lot of fun to watch. However, 2-3 seasons in a row of SUSTAINED success needs to be achieved before putting something like that down on paper.

Tend to agree. I'm very happy with the results of this season, but I wanna see if any of these players transfer in the off-season and I wanna see how we replace Jefferson & Sims. I am hoping the return of Jalen Jordan will give us that 3 point presence back after Jefferson graduates. I don't think replacing Sims will be too difficult but he has played really well for us this year.

My biggest concern is transfers out, especially after what happened at UNCA where all of Nick's best players bailed, and that was when they had to sit out 1 year. I wanna see all these young talented players stick around, especially T Leonard. I will be very upset if he leaves.

Yea its probably too early for this, especially using the word "restored" because we were at such a high level for those 4-5 years.

However...any article painting MT in a good light is just fine by me. Keep em comin.

Yeah, maybe a little too early for that article. But my interest in MT sports is starting to come back to life after pretty much being dead for nearly 15 years. I still can't stand to set foot on campus, though. Hell, I feel like I'm in enemy territory every time I do. Too many damn snowflakes with green hair running around who think Keynesian Economics is sustainable. Stupid shipdits.

Yeah, maybe a little too early for that article. But my interest in MT sports is starting to come back to life after pretty much being dead for nearly 15 years. I still can't stand to set foot on campus, though. Hell, I feel like I'm in enemy territory every time I do. Too many damn snowflakes with green hair running around who think Keynesian Economics is sustainable. Stupid shipdits.

Lol!!!!

"....MTSU is finally starting to turn a corner in its rebuild under McDevitt."

This line from the article seems more fitting, not so much for the headline. Heck, revisiting this topic at the end of the season would be a more fitting time in my opinion.

Again, didn't expect this much success this season. I've been glad to see. I almost don't want to say for fear of cursing the whole thing, but I am starting to enjoy again watching this team play.

I remember 23 years ago hearing about how universities were these communist indoctrination centers and you had to watch out while you were there. Then I saw it was nothing like that. Of course, a far left presence is there, but that was not my defining experience at all. I came across plenty of traditionalist conservatives. I know a few faculty there now and they're by no means green haired liberals. Of course this new brand of conservatism has really flipped the script on conservatism, but I digress.

CNM has turned things around. I hope he's found his footing and navigates us back to the top. Maybe he got the right assistants in place.

Too early for that article. This season has been fantastic and team is a lot of fun to watch. However, 2-3 seasons in a row of SUSTAINED success needs to be achieved before putting something like that down on paper.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the article itself- the problem is that the headline is clearly clickbait material and oversteps the sentiment that most people have for this single season vs sustained performance yet to be determined...

I don't think there's anything wrong with the article itself- the problem is that the headline is clearly clickbait material and oversteps the sentiment that most people have for this single season vs sustained performance yet to be determined...
Good. Clickbait it up. More clicks on articles about MT the better.

I remember 23 years ago hearing about how universities were these communist indoctrination centers and you had to watch out while you were there. Then I saw it was nothing like that. Of course, a far left presence is there, but that was not my defining experience at all. I came across plenty of traditionalist conservatives. I know a few faculty there now and they're by no means green haired liberals. Of course this new brand of conservatism has really flipped the script on conservatism, but I digress.

CNM has turned things around. I hope he's found his footing and navigates us back to the top. Maybe he got the right assistants in place.

It's been way more than 23 years for me and I remember several "tolerant" left wing wackos "teaching" even back then. I wasn't even interested in politics at the time but it was clear to me what those "tolerant" leftists were up to. I can spot 'em coming from a mile away. Like a thief. They're a cancer. Always will be a cancer.

Back to topic - it's good to see some life coming back to MT sports.

Could we try, maybe, to keep the political comments on the non-sports board? At least when they aren't pertinent at all to the discussion at hand. I understand I'm in the minority here politically, but it seems like there's been an uptick in this stuff recently in threads dedicated to MT sports topics. There are precious few Blue Raider fans dedicated enough to post here as it is, and I would prefer to not potentially alienate a portion of our fan base by sharing political screeds completely unrelated to the thread topic.

Agreed on Frank's comment.

Interesting ESPN article that 1985TrueBlue posted. If the season ended today, I think CNM has to be COY. I realize it is still mid-February, but this turnaround has been remarkable.

I don't think replacing Sims will be too difficult but he has played really well for us this year.

I wanna see all these young talented players stick around, especially T Leonard. I will be very upset if he leaves.

In my opinion, Sims has been the biggest surprise this year. Until this season, I felt he had regressed under McDevitt. I don't know what switch flipped on for him, but it is good to see.

Spot on with Leonard. Kid is explosive. Don't see how he isn't in the starting lineup next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT