ADVERTISEMENT

Football Staffer Charged

Disgusting and embarrassing, plus a bad example at the top of the University.

Whatever happened, happened. Where my mind goes to is the coverage of this.

Somebody tell me the last time WSMV covered a coach or a player or an MT sporting event and put it on their website. Much less the front page of the website. Seriously, think about this. They don't cover us. Correction, they cover us only when its negative.

Apparently, this is the only way MT can get coverage from the media morons in Nashville.

I actually heard it first on WTN (99.7). So i looked it up and found the article. But yes, agreed, we tend to only get press when it's negative.

Nothing over there surprises me anymore.
The young man obviously has some demons and I hope he gets some help. Reading his bio tells me he has academic smarts and was primed to move up quickly but evidently his moral compass blew up after he moved to MTSU.

There are some 2nd chance redemption's given that I'm ok with. We've seen MT administration provide such actions recently. This is not one of them. Channel 5 news reported earlier tonight that prior to the arrest this same staffer had been witnessed coming into the same Target in Murfreesboro 5 consecutive days. Looks like Target will be looking into the possibility if similar occurrences may have happened any of the prior days. Imagine they may review security film footage.
This guy has mental health issues that haven't been addressed. I agree the young man has to have a mental evaluation & seek necessary help. A suspension is not enough in this situation. As an employee of MT at the time of his arrest, they may offer to assist with costs towards his mental counseling.

Wow. Just wow.

My wife just asked why they didn't fire him. Contract was my answer. Counseling help or fire for cause etc. Have to suspend first. But either way due to the nature as well as there already being an issue with the DUI, I don't see how he isn't fired.

I certainly hope there aren't more victims. Always innocent until proven, but if he is guilty, and looks like he fully is since he ran, kudos to the one who had the courage to report him.

Definitely a sad, messed up situation. I hope he does get help. It did seem like he was smart to be in the position he was, but something went wrong somewhere.

Unfortunate, and definitely not what we are used to with our staff.

Rick Stockstill is a lot of things, and I'd love to see him fired, but he does run a tight ship and doesn't tolerate BS like this.

Unfortunate, and definitely not what we are used to with our staff.

Rick Stockstill is a lot of things, and I'd love to see him fired, but he does run a tight ship and doesn't tolerate BS like this.
I agree. He (or Massaro) or both, parted ways with Willie Simmons and he was a Stock guy from their Clemson days.
When college coaches slip up, it’s always public. We had a coach at Memphis who went through a nasty divorce after he was let go. His ex emptied his wine cellar and put cases of Silver Oak out on the curb, then invited the neighbors to help themselves.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Well he is officially off the football roster on goblueraiders.

Given his role with day to day recruiting operations, only time will tell how this will effect recruitment. I know if I was in the position and this guy had anything to do with my recruitment, I’d pass on MT if I had other offers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT