Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
WKU
Founded: 1906 Enrollment: 21,124 Colors: Red & White Nickname: Lady Toppers
Series: MT leads 33-27
Conference: C-USA
Facility: Diddle Arena
Head Coach: Michelle Clark-Heard Record at WKU: 139-39 (5) Overall: 154-71 (7)
2016-17 Record: 27-7 2017 Postseason: NCAA First Round
Starters Ret./Lost: 2/3 Letterwinners R/L: 7/7

Tip-Off Time: 7:00 PM CT Radio: WGNS 1450-AM, 100.5 FM, 101.9 FM
Talent: Dick Palmer (pxp) Duane Hickey (analyst)

Television: Fox College Sports
Talent: Jeff Younglove (pxp) Paul Sanderford (analyst)

GAME PREVIEW

2017 18 WBB GAME NOTES

LISTEN

Last edited:
4th straight win by wky for first time since 2003-2004 and has owned MT 5 of last 6 meetings...

MT won 12 straight from 2009 to 2013...

We have been missing a lot of firepower on offense for most of the season. Once AJ, Allison and Meadows hit the floor I think it will be a different team.

We have been missing a lot of firepower on offense for most of the season. Once AJ, Allison and Meadows hit the floor I think it will be a different team.

Sure there are injuries, but that's just for one game of the four game losing streak, and just one loss of the 5 losses in six games. There are clearly issues beyond just this game and beyond the injuries to a few players, only one of who has been a big contributor, one who has not shown anything special when healthy, and one who has yet to show anything thing on the college level.

Not sure Meadows will ever do much...seems in the mold of AJ. Hope I am wrong.
Are you talking about Alex Johnson? I saw Meadows in practice before she was hurt and she will make a difference she is not a project, great hands and will score under the basket. If she only plays 5-6 min. a quarter she will cause problems for the other teams and remember she is a true freshman.

Sure there are injuries, but that's just for one game of the four game losing streak, and just one loss of the 5 losses in six games. There are clearly issues beyond just this game and beyond the injuries to a few players, only one of who has been a big contributor, one who has not shown anything special when healthy, and one who has yet to show anything thing on the college level.
I still think AJ would have made a difference in a couple of those games. Allison is learning to play PG so there is a learning curve and Meadows was hurt before the season began and from watching her in practice before her injury she will make a difference under the basket she has great hands, can rebound and score. I don't like crow cooked any way so I hope I'm right.

Are you talking about Alex Johnson? I saw Meadows in practice before she was hurt and she will make a difference she is not a project, great hands and will score under the basket. If she only plays 5-6 min. a quarter she will cause problems for the other teams and remember she is a true freshman.

Referring to the Janiece Johnson...not AJ. I saw Meadows in the state tourney last year and felt the only reason she dominated was because she was just so much bigger than girls at that level of competition. Seemed slow and could not jump any. Again, hope I am wrong and surprised.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT